Poly vs. Copper Creek

Which would you choose for a December stay?

• Poly studio

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Copper Creek studio

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone!

I have a 7 night stay this December at the Poly and currently have 2 rooms booked. Originally it was just going to 2 of us going but now 2 additional family members are coming (possibly 3). As you know, the 7 month window is coming up & I was thinking and considering possibly switching over to 2 CCV studios for our December stay (depending on availability of course) only because I'm sure it'd be awesome to stay in the main building for the holidays!

I love the Poly, but this might be a good chance to get in to the Wilderness Lodge in general for the holidays considering CCV is so new, might be worth a shot?

What would you do? Keep the Poly studios or switch to Copper Creek for this one time?

The lodge is always a wonderful place at Christmas time! One thing though is that at PVB you can get connecting studios although I don't know if that's preferred or not? There may not be a huge amount of availability at CCV this year as they haven't declared a lot of studios yet and a few dates had actually been booked up during Dec by people buying at CCV. Getting 2 studios might be difficult - or even a risky switch. You might get one and then find no availability for the second although if you have the points to switch without cancelling PVB then there isn't a risk as you could just stay with those rooms.

Another option would be a 2BR at CCV - very nice, easier to book and actually wouldn't be too many more points than 2 PVB studios.

Last edited:
The lodge is always a wonderful place at Christmas time! One thing though is that at PVB you can get connecting studios although I don't know if that's preferred or not? There may not be a huge amount of availability at CCV this year as they haven't declared a lot of studios yet and a few dates had actually been booked up during Dec by people buying at CCV. Getting 2 studios might be difficult - or even a risky switch. You might get one and then find no availability for the second although if you have the points to switch without cancelling PVB then there isn't a risk as you could just stay with those rooms.

Of course a 2BR at CCV sounds very nice, easier to book and actually wouldn't be too many more points than 2 PVB studios.

As far as connecting studios go I don't mind if they're not connecting. I'll be happy if we are in the same building to be honest!

You're absolutely right! It definitely looks risky since not so many are declared right now, and then possibly coming across getting 1 room but not 2.

2BR was also on my list of possibilities so won't completely rule that option out. 1BR is also on that list but all depends really.

I'd love to stay at the Lodge during Christmas! Although I will be honest...not a huge fan of the room layout/look but thats perfectly okay :)

I'll keep my hopes up high though regardless. Or possibly split stay it? *maybe* lol

I love a split stay, but when resorts are in a different area so the time lost packing mid trip is balanced by loosing less time on transportation (because you'd be near different parks at different time of the vacation). Doing a split stay between two MK resorts would make less sense.

If you have enough points to book the CCV villas before releasing the Poly studios, I'd give it a try, or better yet, try for a dedicated 2 bedroom. Otherwise, I'd keep the sure thing at the Poly. IMO, the Poly is going to fill up right at the 7 month window. I'd be too worried about ending up with nothing. (Don't believe the CCV 1 Bedrooms allow 5 right now and if MS does allow it, you will have to provide a bed and Linens for the 5th - plus there would only be one bathroom).

You could always get an ADR at Artist Point or Whispering Canyon to see the decorations and enjoy the ambiance of the new resort. Have fun deciding - you're going to have to make up your mind soon, LOL!

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas this past Nov-Dec and the main lodge was simply amazing! We visited most of the deluxe resorts to check out their decor and the Poly just didn't do it for me. I guess I have a hard time envisioning a Polynesian Christmas since I'm from the northeast lol!
You may have some luck with Copper Creek since there aren't many owners yet and the studios only fit 4 which may eliminate some people. I'd try to get it right on the 7-month mark and see what's available. And you can get a better idea of how quickly it's filling rooms by monitoring the availability once it opens to everyone on the 26th. :)

If you have enough points to book the CCV villas before releasing the Poly studios, I'd give it a try, or better yet, try for a dedicated 2 bedroom. Otherwise, I'd keep the sure thing at the Poly. IMO, the Poly is going to fill up right at the 7 month window. I'd be too worried about ending up with nothing. (Don't believe the CCV 1 Bedrooms allow 5 right now and if MS does allow it, you will have to provide a bed and Linens for the 5th - plus there would only be one bathroom).

You could always get an ADR at Artist Point or Whispering Canyon to see the decorations and enjoy the ambiance of the new resort. Have fun deciding - you're going to have to make up your mind soon, LOL!

Yeah the 1 bedrooms are sorta pushing it considering our travel size, although it could end up just being 4 of us going so it might work. LOL. But I've been checking availability for CCV online and doesn't look too bad! I will definitely keep the my Poly reservations and then check at 7 months in the morning and hope for the best lol.

I have seen a LOT of people plotting on CCV for December once booking opens. I think it's risky. There just aren't a lot of declared units yet, and we know some of the studios for 48-49 are tied up by guaranteed weeks.

I have seen a LOT of people plotting on CCV for December once booking opens. I think it's risky. There just aren't a lot of declared units yet, and we know some of the studios for 48-49 are tied up by guaranteed weeks.

Good point. I'm sure lots of others are looking in to making a similar switch from their current reservation to CCV. Ill definitely keep my current reservation as is and wait to see how things turn out come my 7 month window.

If anything I might consider a split stay? meh who know's lol.

There are already dates in December where the studios are sold out at CCV. Brand new members that bought at CCV can book starting tomorrow. I would expect limited availability on 4/26 for studios in December. As others have mentioned, a 2BR might be a better route.

There are already dates in December where the studios are sold out at CCV. Brand new members that bought at CCV can book starting tomorrow. I would expect limited availability on 4/26 for studios in December. As others have mentioned, a 2BR might be a better route.

One thing for sure is I'm interested to see how things go next week on the 26th once booking opens up for all members.

Some day I'll add on at Wilderness Lodge but most likely at Boulder Ridge via resale. CCV prices and dues (in my opinion) are a bit to much.

But if the studio option won't work I will definitely considering looking in to either a 1 or 2 bedroom

It is quite possible that DVC does not booked based on the number of studios declared but based on the number of points all the rooms that have been declared represent. So even through they have declared; 11 studio; 12 - 1BRs; 27 - 2BRs; 12 cabins and 2 GVs, DVC could end up booking no cabins if the demand is not there and book more of the other types of villas. So what the system really sees is that there XXXXX number of points available for booking on each day.

DVC doesn't say how availability is set up so we are not sure. But based on other resorts opening days it seems like more rooms in some categories were booked that declared.

For the OP the Poly studios are much larger than the Copper Creek studios. Maybe as much as a 100 square feet larger. We were verbally told that the studios at CCV were only 339 Sq feet, similar to BLT. But that is smaller than a single hotel rooms at WL, but I guess they could have added some of the footage to the 1BR.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I have a 7 night stay this December at the Poly and currently have 2 rooms booked. Originally it was just going to 2 of us going but now 2 additional family members are coming (possibly 3). As you know, the 7 month window is coming up & I was thinking and considering possibly switching over to 2 CCV studios for our December stay (depending on availability of course) only because I'm sure it'd be awesome to stay in the main building for the holidays!

I love the Poly, but this might be a good chance to get in to the Wilderness Lodge in general for the holidays considering CCV is so new, might be worth a shot?

What would you do? Keep the Poly studios or switch to Copper Creek for this one time?
Both are great I'm sure. I voted for CCV for its newness, and the fact that u haven't been yet....But honestly, "Can You really go wrong with Poly as a fallback?"--->:confused3 LoL

It is quite possible that DVC does not booked based on the number of studios declared but based on the number of points all the rooms that have been declared represent. So even through they have declared; 11 studio; 12 - 1BRs; 27 - 2BRs; 12 cabins and 2 GVs, DVC could end up booking no cabins if the demand is not there and book more of the other types of villas. So what the system really sees is that there XXXXX number of points available for booking on each day.

DVC doesn't say how availability is set up so we are not sure. But based on other resorts opening days it seems like more rooms in some categories were booked that declared.

For the OP the Poly studios are much larger than the Copper Creek studios. Maybe as much as a 100 square feet larger. We were verbally told that the studios at CCV were only 339 Sq feet, similar to BLT. But that is smaller than a single hotel rooms at WL, but I guess they could have added some of the footage to the 1BR.
Both are great I'm sure. I voted for CCV for its newness, and the fact that u haven't been yet....But honestly, "Can You really go wrong with Poly as a fallback?"--->:confused3 LoL

Haha good point!!! I've stayed at Poly and absolutely love it (which is why its my home resort) but if theres even a slight chance that I could get in to Wilderness Lodge in general, might be worth the shot I hope!

Regardless I am glad with my current reservations :)

How are people able to see availability at CCV? Am I missing something? I am hoping to book 2 nights late September next week, and was under the impression that on-line booking was questionable. I do not see it on the member site as of yet.

I would say CCV. I LOVE the Poly, but it is so underwhelming at Christmas

Last edited:
How are people able to see availability at CCV? Am I missing something? I am hoping to book 2 nights late September next week, and was under the impression that on-line booking was questionable. I do not see it on the member site as of yet.

I would say CCV. I LOVE the Poly, but it is so underwhelming at Chritmas

I LOVE Poly as well. But if this might be my only chance to get at CCV since its so new, odds could be good, might as well try?

Theres a little loop hole on their web site lol. If you go to this page: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g.../copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/points-rooms/

You can search availability there like normal - it will load like normal BUT it will get frozen on Woody telling you to Hold On...just refresh the page and then you can see all availability so far :)

I LOVE Poly as well. But if this might be my only chance to get at CCV since its so new, odds could be good, might as well try?

Theres a little loop hole on their web site lol. If you go to this page: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g.../copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/points-rooms/

You can search availability there like normal - it will load like normal BUT it will get frozen on Woody telling you to Hold On...just refresh the page and then you can see all availability so far :)

LOOPHOLE! Love it ... Exactly what I was hoping for to help my obsessive planning. Thank you.

Bummer this does not work anymore!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter