Poly TPV or Lagoon View Club?

Hello. I have never stayed at the Poly before and currently have a TPV room booked for my family in June. I am driving down instead of flying, so I have room in my budget to upgrade to Lagoon Club versus the TPV I already have. Does anyone have any opinions as to whether this is worth it or not? I have 4 kids, with one being an infant, so this may be our only time to stay "deluxe" without having to pay for two rooms! Thanks for all of your help!

I would personally rather pay for Club Level versus a view....especially with a family your size. I would think that you would really get your money's worth out of that. :goodvibes

Thanks. We'll be there 8 nights and will have the 4 day military theme park ticket, so will have plenty of time to enjoy the resort. I have all girls, so my original thought was the TPV because I know how much they'll love seeing the castle from their room, but the "free" drinks/desserts/breakfast/snacks available on our non-park days would be so nice!

Oh yes! In that case, I would definitely recommend the CL over view. How often are your girls going to be hanging on the balcony looking at the castle?? Plus, lagoon view is probably not so shabby! :thumbsup2

You chose a great resort for a first stay. The Poly is an awesome resort and you're going to love it :goodvibes. We've only stayed GV at the Poly, but I would definitely go with LV CL over TPV. We've stayed CL at other resorts and while drinks and snacks throughout the day are nice, we spend alot of time at the resort and we love the convenience of the lounge for someplace to relax other than sitting in the room or around the resort. Since you will be spending some time at the resort, I think you would get alot of use out of the lounge and the food offerings ;).

Check the "views" on the new Disney website and see what the club level lagoon view is. You may see the castle anyway just obstructed. Look through some posts and see what others have taken. The lounge is awesome and I believe it has a great view of the castle. I would do the club level with the size of your family and the ages. We have done it twice and it was great. There is a chance you may get TPV anyway. There is nothing like having a view of the castle from your bedroom but you could easily walk to the lounge to see it too.

I would go for the LV CL over the regular TPV. Your girls will have a nice view of the castle from the CL lounge.

Also, all CL is in the Hawaii building. So in order to have a lagoon view, you will be facing the beach. You will have sort of view of the castle, just not a dead on look. There may be a palm tree in the way.

In Hawaii, either request a 1st floor or 3rd floor room. 2nd floor does not have a balcony.

I have stayed at Poly twice and have received my requests both times. Since you know you will be staying in Hawaii on the lagoon side, I would definitely request patio or balcony depending on which one you want. We had a patio in Hawaii when my DS was 1 and it was great! Either my DH or I would walk out with him and play on the beach while the other showered, napped, etc. And the lounge is fantastic! Great space, wonderful offerings. I think choosing CL over TPV is a great choice! Have fun!

My travel agent was able to switch and still get the military discount! Lagoon View Club level here we come! Next on the list is to request a patio with that reservation! Now it's just a waiting game until I tell the family!

Congrats!!! Sounds like a wonderful trip!!! :goodvibes

My travel agent was able to switch and still get the military discount! Lagoon View Club level here we come! Next on the list is to request a patio with that reservation! Now it's just a waiting game until I tell the family!

That was totally the right choice! My lagoon view CL room was great! I actually couldn't believe it wasn't considered a TPV. I can't imagine not being able to see the castle from that side of the building. You are going to love it! We were on the first floor and could walk right out onto the beach from our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter