Poly to WL...

HHSTigerFan

DIS Veteran
Having dinner at Poly, 7:45 on night MK closes at 7.. What will be my options to get back to WL?

Or is grabbing a 6:45 and losing a little park time going to be a better option? Short trip, only 5 nights, so trying to maximize park time..

Depending on how late the monorail runs, you could ride over to CR and then take the small boat ferry to WL. Otherwise a cab is an easy option.

If youre interested in doing some shopping after dinner, you could transit via DTD.

If the monorail is running (as said above) then ride it over to Contemporary and then motor launch to WL.

Clint

We took a cab from WL to Poly and it was only $10... so that is another option.

You have to either grab a bus to DTD then go to WL, or you have to find a cab. If the other parks are open, you can grab a bus to any of the open parks and then wait for a bus to WL. However, after a park has closed, you can't take a bus to that park, even if it's to get another bus.

Learned this the hard way when I had an 8pm ADR at WL and all the parks closed at 9. Tried to take a bus back to one of the parks, but they wouldn't transport any of us. We had to wait for a DTD bus. Grand travel time to get from WL to Pop via the bus was 1.5 hours.

Is that a party night? Most 7pm closes at the MK are due to either the MNSSHP or MVMCP. If the MK is closing due to a party, then transportation continues to run because the party-goers need ways to get to and from the MK.

I'd go with the 7:45 ADR. Then take the monorail to the MK and hop on the boat back to the WL.

Why is the MK closing at 7?? If it is for a party or special event, people will still be attending so the transportation should be running.

IF this is the case, you should be able to monorail to MK and then take a boat or bus to WL.

Is that a party night? Most 7pm closes at the MK are due to either the MNSSHP or MVMCP. If the MK is closing due to a party, then transportation continues to run because the party-goers need ways to get to and from the MK.

I'd go with the 7:45 ADR. Then take the monorail to the MK and hop on the boat back to the WL.

Beat me to it;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter