Poly to Boardwalk?

barrbr

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the correct place for this. We would like to go to the Boardwalk on our next trip. We may or may not have a car. If we do have a car then we will just drive there. If we don't have a car what would be the best way to get from the Poly to the Boardwalk using Disney transportaion?

TIA

Well, there are a couple of options. You can take the monorail to MK and hop a BW resort bus or stay on the monorail to TTC and then hop the EPCOT monorail and walk through EPCOT to the BW, or walk to TTC and hop the EPCOT monorail. We never have a car in Disney so if it were us, we would hop a taxi directly to the BW. I know you said Disney transportion but for us it was well worth the money for the taxi.

Were you planning on just spending a little time or were you interested in dining and activities on the BW? Most the activities don't start up until later afternoon, early evening.

You could also take the bus to DHS and then either take the boat or walk to get over to the BW.

Were you planning on just spending a little time or were you interested in dining and activities on the BW? Most the activities don't start up until later afternoon, early evening.

You could also take the bus to DHS and then either take the boat or walk to get over to the BW.

We just want to check it out. May dine there or may not. The DHS route sounds like to best. How is the walk from DHS to BW? How long will it take. Is it scenic or ugly?

Thanks for all of the info!

The walk from DHS to BW is about 20 min at a leisurely stroll. It's an ok walk, only trees and the water visually, but can be faster time wise than waiting for a boat if you just miss one. Physically, waiting for a boat and getting off at the BW is less demanding. Just keep in mind park hours for both Epcot and DHS. If you are going to be at the BW late - you may need to take a taxi back to the Poly - or you'll have to take a DTD bus/transfer or TTC bus from BW to get back at night. It's a nice atmosphere and the dance club and Jellyrolls are fun to do. There are so many options to eat if you include Swan/Dolphin and Yacht/Beach in the mix. They are a short distance from the actual boardwalk.

Heelo,
We have stayed at several other places including All star sports and Pop Century, and our staying for the first time at the Poly in August. Can anyone whom is a Poly pro give us some feedback on things not to miss on our stay? Thanks pirate:

Heelo,
We have stayed at several other places including All star sports and Pop Century, and our staying for the first time at the Poly in August. Can anyone whom is a Poly pro give us some feedback on things not to miss on our stay? Thanks pirate:

Hey there Bubba, Welcome to the DIS. Try the Poly thread below. This thread will give you tons of info and there are some Poly experts that will be able to help you out.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2140273&page=71

Last time I was there, I went from the Poly to the boardwalk one night. We took the DTD bus from the Poly and then we got on the boardwalk bus at DTD. This seemed to be the least complicated way. We got lucky and didn't have to wait long for the buses but I know sometimes thats not the case.

Just wanted to add there is no bus from BW to the TTC.

no question, if DHS is open, bus to there then walk or boat.

if you plan to return to poly after DHS closes, i'd budget for a cab return. you won't believe how fast cabs are and that's so nice late at night!!

Personally I would take the bus from the Magic Kingdom, however a faster way will be taking a taxi if you don't mind spending the money for one.

previous post is so right. bus from MK is probably best and has least walking. good call!

actually, bus from MK is probably a good option for many hotels from poly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter