Poly to Beach Club for Breakfast?

NHDisneyKid

Mouseketeer
Hi All - Posted over at the Transportation board, but thinking you guys might have some great info too!
My family is staying at the Poly for the first time next week and we're trying to figure out the best way to make our 8:05 am reservation at Cape May Cafe?
Do you think it would be best to take the bus to DHS then the boat over to Beach Club? It's too early to try to take the monorail to Epcot because we wouldn't be able to cut through to the Gateway/boat (plus I think that might take longer anyway).
I'd really appreciate all of your help!!!:worship:

Take a cab. Relying on Disney transportation will take up to an hour and that would make for an awfully early start to the day.

I find it easier to walk from DHS to the Beach Club - the boats are not very fast and they may be busy at that time of day with folks trying to get over to DHS for rope drop. Take the bus to DHS and then walk along the path to the Beach Club - should take you ten minutes tops.

is there a park that open early that day - then just take the bus to it - then change to BC bus. (if Epcot or studio - there is not bus) - walk over from Epcot. take the boat from studio.

since the buses start going to the other parks at 8:00am - you might be cutting it close. might change the reservation to 8:30 am if you can.

I find it easier to walk from DHS to the Beach Club - the boats are not very fast and they may be busy at that time of day with folks trying to get over to DHS for rope drop. Take the bus to DHS and then walk along the path to the Beach Club - should take you ten minutes tops.

I also enjoy the walk from DHS to the Epcot resort area, but the walk definitely takes longer than 10 minutes. It takes about 20 minutes for an adult walking at a regular pace and may take longer with family/kids.

We are fast walkers - family of four. Never takes us more than 10 minutes. Honestly. Last trip I wore my pedometer to really track how much we do walk while there and we clocked 70 miles in a week.

I second the vote for a cab. Getting from resort to resort is difficult at best and for an early morning breakfast it could be stressful.

If you really want to use WDW transportation maybe you could monorail over to MK and then take a bus to BC. I think transport to MK usually starts early due to their breakfasts. If you're in a bldg close to the TTC you could walk over there and take the MK Express monorail and then bus to BC.

We just had breakfast at Cape May last week, it was delicious!! The kids really liked coloring on the tablecloths (paper). The characters had cute beach costumes too.

I thought there was a bus for character breakfasts? If not, how much would a cab cost from Poly to BC? Any ideas?

Thanks all for the info and advice - we were leaning towards a cab the more we thought about it, but I have a 2 year old, and I'm not sure about the carseat situation with a cab. :confused3
I think now we're considering calling and seeing if there's a last minute opening at a different restaurant that might be easier to get to. We really like Cape May too, though :sad1:

I have the exact opposite problem/but the same... getting to poly from the beach club for a 8:10 reservation, also next week!
I think we will do a cab, although this morning I did call to just get seats at the BC to make life easier, but there was nothing available..

Thanks all for the info and advice - we were leaning towards a cab the more we thought about it, but I have a 2 year old, and I'm not sure about the carseat situation with a cab. :confused3
I think now we're considering calling and seeing if there's a last minute opening at a different restaurant that might be easier to get to. We really like Cape May too, though :sad1:

When our DS12 was 2, we took a taxi from the GF to the BC. I thought they had car seats. Silly me. What was I thinking.:confused3 Anyway, I sat him in my lap and buckled us both in together. That was the one and only time that we did that. When we were down there in April 2008, I saw some taxis had car seats. Not that I am a big fan of public stuff like that but it's a thought. Maybe you can ask someone at the bell stand to see if they do have car seats. Bring a towel with you in case they do.

I thought there was a bus for character breakfasts? If not, how much would a cab cost from Poly to BC? Any ideas?

There are no buses from resort to resort, so that character breakfast bus generally only works if you're going to a character breakfast at a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter