Poly studios noise?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
I read a post about noise from the boat horns. Would standard or lake view be quieter for a Poly studio? Any particular location to avoid for noise? Thanks.

We stayed recently in Pago Pago in a standard view room. We were actually placed on the garden side but there was a construction tent set up. The other side of the building lot would be a parking lot view. We did not notice any boat noises. I can tell you those expensive bungalos probably hear a lot of boat horns! Our building was also very close to the path for the ticket and transportation center which we loved!

I would think you would hear boat horns at any resort on the lake in the Magic Kingdom area. Some rooms would be noisier that others. We could hear lots of horns in our lake view at VGF, but it never affected our sleep as we slept with the balcony door closed. At BLT you can hear horns too, but not as loud as at VGF. I would expect PVB would have similar to the sounds as VGF since the Poly boat dock is right in front of VGF. And you hear the horns from TCC at VGF as the starting blowing the horns on the lake.

I would expect the rooms not facing the lake or TTC would have the least amount of noise.

Standard view should be quieter since they aren't lake front, however I would assume you could still hear the ferry.

We were in a lake view in April in Moorea - almost to the end away from the TTC and we could still hear the horns with our balcony door closed. Did it prevent us from sleeping, no - however, if someone is a very light sleeper and is placed closer to the TTC I could see it causing issues.

I don't think the boat horns will bother me, so if any of you plan to give up some early December nights at the Poly - let me know! ;) :teeth:

Here now is a beautiful lake view room and loving it! You do hear the boats but you get used to it and I actually enjoyed it, along with the sound of the train that carried across the last, the sound of the shows in front of the castle, and the small waves as they hit the beach. I loved the room and the view of the lake and fireworks. The doors are heavy and keep a lot of the sound out when they are closed.

I know everyone has their favorites, but I prefer the new Poly lakefront studio to the GF lakefront studio. I am a Poly kind of gal, and the straight across the lake view of the fireworks can't be beat. To me, the few extra points a lake view room takes is so worth it.

By the way, the front desk said 18 of the 20 bungalows were filled, so they mush be doing ok.

Here now is a beautiful lake view room and loving it! You do hear the boats but you get used to it and I actually enjoyed it, along with the sound of the train that carried across the last, the sound of the shows in front of the castle, and the small waves as they hit the beach. I loved the room and the view of the lake and fireworks. The doors are heavy and keep a lot of the sound out when they are closed.

I know everyone has their favorites, but I prefer the new Poly lakefront studio to the GF lakefront studio. I am a Poly kind of gal, and the straight across the lake view of the fireworks can't be beat. To me, the few extra points a lake view room takes is so worth it.

By the way, the front desk said 18 of the 20 bungalows were filled, so they mush be doing ok.
Your description of the sounds is very enticing. "You are there". :love: Thank you.
I am glad for the advice too, about spending the extra points for lake view.

Good news that the Bungalows are booked. Even better news that someone is enjoying all the sounds of the Poly. It sounds wonderful. I am looking forward to our stay in November.

I was disappointed with my lake view studio at Poly. We had a view of the bungalows, very little water. We were in Moorea 2029 which is about the center of the building. I am a light sleeper, I had ear plugs and the ferry horn woke me up twice at night and again at 5:15 am. During the day all the sounds mentioned in a pp were nice to hear, just not when I wanted to be sleeping. I would not waste the points to stay lake view again, the grounds are beautiful enough. This was our first Poly visit and most likely our last. If you aren't sensitive to sound and really love the Poly, then give it a try.

I'm really worried about the noise as well. I am a super light sleeper. Is there a way to look up the ferry schedule for December, does anyone know?

I'm really worried about the noise as well. I am a super light sleeper. Is there a way to look up the ferry schedule for December, does anyone know?

Maybe another building such as Tokoleau might be more appropriate than Morrea if the noise concerns you. If you have lakeview, I think that Morrea might be the only longhouse choice though:confused3...Would think that Tokoleau will be pretty much done by December if you have standard? I am actually considering requesting Tokoleau because it seems to be more convenient to Captain Cooks. Not going till October, so I will "watch and research". CANNOT WAIT!:jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter