Poly studio or BC 1 bdrm?

dwsandy

DIS Veteran
I am having such a hard time choosing. We are a family of 5 (kuds 15,12 & 10). We own at BLT but want to try something new.
We are debating between a studio at the Poly (sleeps 5) OR a 1 bdrm at BC (sleeps 4 but will allow 5)
Which would you choose and why? We haven't stayed at either

I am having such a hard time choosing. We are a family of 5 (kuds 15,12 & 10). We own at BLT but want to try something new.
We are debating between a studio at the Poly (sleeps 5) OR a 1 bdrm at BC (sleeps 4 but will allow 5)

When are you going and is it for any particular event/season?

We are going February. No special occasion. Just family time and hopefully sone warm weather

Personally I'd lean towards the 1 bedroom at BCV then. Although you can't go wrong with either. With how expensive Poly is, the 1 bedroom at BCV wouldn't be THAT much more. We always prefer that BWV/BCV area (specifically BWV) as our 1st choice though, so maybe I'm biased!. If you guys prefer the monorail loop though, then go with Poly.

What type of room do you do at BLT, studio or 1BR? If you do a 1BR at BLT, I would do it at BCV although someone will need to sleep on an air mattress. The square footage at BLT in a 1BR is about 75+ square feet larger than the 1BR at BCV. So you will notice the difference in the living room.

If you are used to the studio at BLT the Poly's studio will feel quite roomy for you family. There are two good pools at the Poly. But BCV easily has the best pool and your kids are good ages for that huge pool. However, BCV and PVB do not have a Community Hall.

For a family of five with older children I would always recommend a 1BR.

Yes, we are fine with bringing our iwn bedding but I didn't really want to bring an air mattress. I wonder if I can rent one somewhere in Orlando?
Where do you plan to do that? You'll need to provide your own bed and the bedding for that bed if you sleep five in a BCV one bedroom. Why not just book a one bedroom that sleeps five, like OKW or AKV?

I did a split stay between both those exact rooms in April but it was only me and my two kids 6 & 8. I would say BCV for sure but your kids are not small so I'd say Poly, definitely. Last year I ok the kids with an AuPair and she slept on the Murphy bed just fine and we had a great time. The bathrooms are helpful too! I kept my luggage in the master.

I'd recommend the Poly just for the bathroom setup. I think you're going to be cramped in that space. My family would be at each other's throats by the third night, But at least everyone would have a designated sleeping surface without having to bring an air mattress.

I agree with PP who recommends Poly for the bathroom setup! The Poly studio really is pretty spacious (we own at BLT also, and it feels much roomier than BLT), and the two bathrooms are wonderful. I have not stayed in the Poly studio with my family (we have 6, so not an option), but while staying there a couple times now with another adult, I still think I could see getting a family your size in there with little trouble. And for me personally, I'd prefer being at a monorail resort whenever possible, especially with kids young enough that you'll be spending much time at MK. Maybe your park plans will help you decide. Best of luck and have a great trip!

I haven't stayed at BCV so I can't comment on that. We are however currently staying at poly and there is no way I would cramp 5 into those studios. To me those studios shouldn't hold more than 3 max 4. I know that they are the largest around but nonetheless 5 persons is making the stay too cramped. Not worth it if you ask me.

I would definitely recommend going for the 1br. I wouldn't dare to risk my vacation because of the cramped space.

I'm a big fan of trying something new. We have yet to duplicate an accommodation in regards to # of BRs or resort. How else are you going to know what you like best! :-)

Have you considered 1BR @ AKV? If you typically stay in a 1BR at BLT then you have experienced the benefit of that 2nd bath. To me, that would be a bigger concern than the sleeping arrangements.

We just stayed at the Poly for the first time a couple of months ago. It was just DH and me. I REALLY liked the two shower setup. With that many people in your group, it might be nice to have the two separate shower spaces to get ready in the morning. I haven't seen the BCV since the refurb, so I'm not sure what their bathroom/shower layout is.

If you will have a lot of MK time, you might want to consider the Poly more heavily. If you will do more HS and EPCOT time, I would lean towards BCV.

Have a great trip!

Thank you for all the great input. We switched our ressie to Poly studio lake view. I know it will be a tight squeeze, but we've always wanted to try the Poly and my hubby doesn't know when he'll be able to get back to WDW again and he really wanted to stay here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter