Poly/smoking room ?

Chele

Earning My Ears
Going with DH, DS & my mother who smokes I have GV Concierge and requested 3rd floor smoking optional so that my mother can smoke on the balcony. First question: Is the 3rd floor very smoky? Second question: Will it be OK for Mom to smoke on the balcony? I dont want to inconvenience others but want to accomodate my mother as best as possible.

Thanks!

Yes, she could smoke on the balcony, there are any rules to prevent this, but if there are others sitting on their balconies, who have specifically requested a non smoking room, she might want to refrain. Being allergic to smoke, I know that it would irritate me to no end to be on my balcony, in a non smoking section and have someone else out there smoking. But, as long as it is in a smoking optional area, then smoking on the balcony would definitely be no problem at all, as most people staying their either smoke, or live with those that do.

As for how smoky a smoking area in a hotel would be, just think of it like this... how many smokers use that room on a daily basis, and how effective are air fresheners? If you don't usually live with a smoker, then, yes, you will definitely notice.

Chele-
The third floor IS smoking optional so she wouldn't run into people who had requested non-smoking(hopefully). I certainly can understand that non-smokers would be bothered by smokers but I believe your family member is allowed to smoke on that floor. If I'm wrong, perhaps another freq. flyer at Poly conc. can correct me. Threehearts

You're right, Threehearts...third floor at Hawaii is smoking optional. I wonder how many people request that these days? Over the years we've been going there there's been a huge switch from smoking to non-smoking. Good for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter