Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

1. Shaved ice is amazing. Especially the one in Japan.

Good call on doing a cruise around day instead of battling park crowds on the 4th. Although, I think a long line at Hall of Presidents would be awesome to see.

Nice traditional picture.

Golden Oaks. Yes, now that is a retirement plan, or lawsuit settlement plan. Can you imagine?

Loving the report. How did you like the universal hotel?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I bet the Hall of Presidents finally gets some lovin' on the Fourth!

I would give the Royal Pacific a 7 out of 10. I would rate Disney resorts as better, but this is not really fair to Universal as I have no childhood memories of staying there, you know? RPH was clean, staff was very friendly, convenient location. Food options were just ok, no great quick service choices. Theming was ok, but missing those Disney magical touches. I bet though if they made a Harry Potter Hotel it would be amazing!!

Oh Lord Elena, I would seriously die living inside the World. C'mon lottery.

I'm actually thinking about WL for a potential upcoming trip. The particular trip is a long shot, but nonetheless, I'm particularly intrigued by the room location to the Boat dock, so I'll have to keep that in mind.

Another Disney bucket list item is to actually see the Geyser go off. I figure staying there the odds go up.

Wow, Cali Grill ressie on really short notice. It really does pay to keep checking. PLUS... Independence Day fireworks? Nice!!!

Wilderness is an amazing resort! It is a stone's throw from MK, but when you are there, you really feel like you are at a Forest Lodge somewhere. The Geyser goes off on the hour, so if you were there, your chances would definitely go up! Just beware of staying this fall. The Pool is going to go under massive construction (fence going up, new pool liner....). We are keeping our September reservation, but a lot of people are jumping ship!

We made it to California Grill, with literally no time to spare. We walked up at 5:30pm. The commute there took a lot longer as lines were already starting to get long with people going from WL to Contemporary (if you didn’t know, there are 2 boat routes for WL, one goes to MK and one goes to Contemporary and Ft. Wilderness).

But once there, we were quickly whisked upstairs to the smells and sounds of our favorite restaurant!

We were seated in a table away from the windows, but we could still see the amazing view for the most part thanks to the floor to ceiling windows. We ordered the exact same food as in May, the flatbread appetizer (mozzarella) and split the “Unplugged” Vegetarian dish. Unplugged was completely different this time, but just as amazing!

IMAGE_127.jpg

After dinner we managed to get back to WL. However, the lines now for the boats were getting even longer. We only were at WL for about 30 minutes when we realized we should head back to Contemporary! Probably in retrospect should have just stayed. But, we left our room at 7pm and made it back to the top of California Grill by 8pm.

There were a few people already out there staking spots, but we managed to still get into a really good position.

IMAGE_128.jpg

IMAGE_131.jpg

There were fireworks in the way out distance in all directions which helped the time pass. Eventually it started to get darker and more and more people were coming out.

IMAGE_132.jpg

At no point did we feel crowded at all though! The lights in the restaurant got dim and the announcer’s voice came on saying the fireworks would start in 5 minutes! And before you knew it, it was time!

IMAGE_133.jpg

IMAGE_134.jpg

IMAGE_136.jpg

IMAGE_137.jpg

IMAGE_138.jpg

IMAGE_140.jpg

My camera could just not capture the expanse of the display! The fireworks were being shot off from MK and the island in the Seven Seas Lagoon. Double fireworks!!!!! I had to keep turning my head back and forth, like a tennis match, to try and get it all in.

My face started hurting from smiling while at Diagon Alley, and during the fireworks, my jaw started hurting again. I think that officially is the sign of a great vacation, when your face hurts from smiling so much! :goodvibes

Right after the display, we were in the first elevator to leave California Grill. That was the good news. The bad news was that instead of being express, we stopped at every….single….floor. That’s right, the 14th, and the 13th, and the 12th…..all the way to the first! We left the 15th floor already with a packed elevator, so the doors would open and there would be people mad that they could not get on.

Our group though was pretty fun and we were in good spirits and laughing the whole way. Once on the first floor...finally...we made it to the boat dock and were actually towards the front. Again, that was the good news, that we were the first group, but the bad news is that we had to wait for the Pirates and Pals boats to come in and unload first. All and all, we were back in our room by 10:15pm, which actually was not bad at all! And that was after stopping off at Roaring Forks for a late night sweet treat!

If you ever wanted to venture into WDW for the 4th of July, seeing the fireworks from the top of California Grill is hard to beat!

We fell into bed, pretty exhausted from a day where we did not even venture into a park!

Our departure day was nothing out of the usual. We took advantage of the Magical Depress to get to the airport. But not before a breakfast of Mickey Waffles (Banana Fosters Mickey Waffles...my favorite!) before we headed out!

IMAGE_141.jpg

I found myself not nearly as sad leaving this time. I knew we would be back in September, and this trip only had a 2 week build-up, so I was just so excited and surprised to have even gone in the first place!

Now I have been back to work for a while, but I am more excited then ever to go back in September! FP selections were made this weekend! Disney Bounding outfits in the works! Life is pretty good!

Thanks again for reading along! “I will see you all a little later” (Haunted Mansion) in September. Until then, I hope you find magic around every corner!

Oh wow what a great memory to see the fireworks from that vantage point. My goodness I would be in heaven. And not having to feel claustrophobic in what I'm sure were extremely heavy crowds just makes it all the better.

I love the analogy of face hurts = great vacation!!

Love this little mini trip Elena. You sure did make it count. And yup, knowing you've already got a trip booked to come back makes it SO much easier having to leave. Still hard though, lol.

Your vegetarian meal at California Grill looks really good - I love sampler type things like that

And watching Wishes from the observation deck is one of my absolute favorite things - and that looks like an amazing show!

"I think that officially is the sign of a great vacation, when your face hurts from smiling so much!" ... yeah, I think that is a good sign!

Glad you had such a great trip and yeah for going back so soon ... the planning is half the fun!

Thanks for writing the TR - very much enjoyed it!

This trip report made me happy. Really liked the pictures from California Grill and the rooftop fireworks!

I'm totally inspired by your weekend getaways to WDW. That really has to really give you a mid-season lift of spirit.

Looking forward to seeing the report for September! It's my dream to go to WDW in the fall. Because of my job, it can't happen until I retire!

The view of the fireworks was just awesome! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy the rest of your summer and I'll guess we'll see ya in September! :yay::beach:

What a great end to a fun spontaneous trip.

One of the things on my bucket list is to see the fireworks from the California Grill balcony.

I couldn't imagine going to Disney and not going into a park. But I'm sure knowing you'll be back so soon helps.

I can't wait to ride the boats to the Magic Kingdom in September. We officially made WL our home when we go. Snagged a Studio renting DVC points so I can not wait. It's going to be a world of difference from staying at All Star Movies our first trip. :)

I've been waiting to see if you took the Magical Express back to the airport. I've been struggling how we would get around from Airport-Universal then Universal-Disney. Now I'm going to look into happylimo.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Hope you have a great trip in September. I also can't wait to ride the Haunted Mansion during the Halloween Party!

I found myself not nearly as sad leaving this time. I knew we would be back in September, and this trip only had a 2 week build-up, so I was just so excited and surprised to have even gone in the first place!

Now I have been back to work for a while, but I am more excited then ever to go back in September! FP selections were made this weekend! Disney Bounding outfits in the works! Life is pretty good!

Thanks again for reading along! “I will see you all a little later” (Haunted Mansion) in September. Until then, I hope you find magic around every corner!

When are you going in September? Curious as I will be there too!

What a great quick trip! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to reading about your September vacation!

Yay for getting the dinner and fireworks spot!! It looks like a fantastic spot to view the fireworks. :) I've enjoyed reading about your weekend adventure. Please post a link here when you do your TR or PTR for your Sept trip so we don't miss it. :)

Oh wow what a great memory to see the fireworks from that vantage point. My goodness I would be in heaven. And not having to feel claustrophobic in what I'm sure were extremely heavy crowds just makes it all the better.

I love the analogy of face hurts = great vacation!!

Love this little mini trip Elena. You sure did make it count. And yup, knowing you've already got a trip booked to come back makes it SO much easier having to leave. Still hard though, lol.

Yep, leaving WDW is never really easy. That is why we need to live in Golden Oak!!! I hope you also do a mini-TR about your Niagra Falls trip!

Your vegetarian meal at California Grill looks really good - I love sampler type things like that

And watching Wishes from the observation deck is one of my absolute favorite things - and that looks like an amazing show!

"I think that officially is the sign of a great vacation, when your face hurts from smiling so much!" ... yeah, I think that is a good sign!

Glad you had such a great trip and yeah for going back so soon ... the planning is half the fun!

Thanks for writing the TR - very much enjoyed it!

I feel like I can justify the expense of a WDW vacation because you are right, planning is definitely half the fun! On no other vacation do I plan things like coordinated outfits!

This trip report made me happy. Really liked the pictures from California Grill and the rooftop fireworks!

I'm totally inspired by your weekend getaways to WDW. That really has to really give you a mid-season lift of spirit.

Looking forward to seeing the report for September! It's my dream to go to WDW in the fall. Because of my job, it can't happen until I retire!

Thank you for following me along!!! I love educators and I know vacation time is tough to get outside of the usual school breaks! You should calculate the year you can retire and start a countdown clock now! :) Mine is 2038. :eek:

The view of the fireworks was just awesome! Thank you for sharing! Enjoy the rest of your summer and I'll guess we'll see ya in September! :yay::beach:

I wish I had a better camera to have captured them! Everytime I look at buying a good camera and lens, I think, well heck, I could go to WDW for that cost!

Thanks so much for following along! Come on September!

What a great end to a fun spontaneous trip.

One of the things on my bucket list is to see the fireworks from the California Grill balcony.

I couldn't imagine going to Disney and not going into a park. But I'm sure knowing you'll be back so soon helps.

I can't wait to ride the boats to the Magic Kingdom in September. We officially made WL our home when we go. Snagged a Studio renting DVC points so I can not wait. It's going to be a world of difference from staying at All Star Movies our first trip. :)

I've been waiting to see if you took the Magical Express back to the airport. I've been struggling how we would get around from Airport-Universal then Universal-Disney. Now I'm going to look into happylimo.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Hope you have a great trip in September. I also can't wait to ride the Haunted Mansion during the Halloween Party!

HappyLimo worked out so well! But man, staying at a Deluxe resort as well as having town car service really can spoil you!

You are going to love Diagon Alley! Have a great trip!

When are you going in September? Curious as I will be there too!

September 11th- 15th! WL! 54 days!!:banana:

What a great quick trip! Thank you for sharing and looking forward to reading about your September vacation!

Thanks for reading along! I love these little quick trips!

Yay for getting the dinner and fireworks spot!! It looks like a fantastic spot to view the fireworks. :) I've enjoyed reading about your weekend adventure. Please post a link here when you do your TR or PTR for your Sept trip so we don't miss it. :)

You are so sweet. I love reading other people's TR so it is fun to contribute to the community! I swear, my own family is not as interested in the report as you guys are! :hug:

Thank you for following me along!!! I love educators and I know vacation time is tough to get outside of the usual school breaks! You should calculate the year you can retire and start a countdown clock now! :) Mine is 2038. :eek:
Anytime, really fun reports. In September we got a letter with how many more years we have to put in before retirement (w/pension). Thanks to our very corrupt state, I have 30 more years. So spring 2044, meaning I would put 43 into the business. Ugh. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anytime, really fun reports. In September we got a letter with how many more years we have to put in before retirement (w/pension). Thanks to our very corrupt state, I have 30 more years. So spring 2044, meaning I would put 43 into the business. Ugh. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

2044! Jeesh. I just hope for both of us that a pension still exists by then. Or, come on lotto! :rotfl2:

Wow how great you got to do a quick trip and even better that Diagon Alley was open :)

We also ate at Kona on the 4th, but ours was for dinner! It looked as though you had a wonderful view of the fireworks and your journey home was pretty quick too :thumbsup2

Wow how great you got to do a quick trip and even better that Diagon Alley was open :)

We also ate at Kona on the 4th, but ours was for dinner! It looked as though you had a wonderful view of the fireworks and your journey home was pretty quick too :thumbsup2

Diagon Alley being open was such an amazing surprise!

I love Kona's menu. The ambiance overall at Poly though right now is kind of depressing! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter