Poly Royal Adventure.ClubLevelBaby!5/14 DIAGON ALLEY BONUS Finale 7/15

So red cardigan, yellow necklace, blue shirt? Red, Yellow, Blue? Could you be channeling Snow White??

I am super excited for our next trip, it is going to be the first time I have tried my hand at creating outfit choices! I finally got all of my pieces ordered and they should be here with the next week! My DH and I are doing coordinating ones! Dory/Marlin, Boba Fett/Stormtrooper, Mary Poppins/Bert, Snow White/Prince Ferdinand, and Vanellope/Ralph!

I can't wait to read more about your trip! Sorry you had to hear complaints, that is never fun at all, especially when you are staying CL!!

P.S. Yes, I probably have too many distickers...LOL :crowded:

I would have been disappointed as well if I had the same experience with the CM's as well. Hope your trip gets better and you can forget about the negativity. That is so not like the Poly. But I guess there are disgruntled employees every where but like you said take it behind doors not in front of the customers.

Oh and I love the smell of the Poly and the sound of the waterfall.

Fellow Virginian subbing in. Can't wait to hear more.

Joining! I was at Disney as a solo trip also for a conference arriving on the day you departed. Had such a wonderful time at MNSSHP that I'm taking my family back this Halloween so that the kids can experience it too!

We stayed at Poly once a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! Awesome that you got CL!

Dave!! I have read your TR and your photography is amazing! I wish our conferences were always in Orlando! I really did not expect much out of MNSSHP, but ended up going twice last visit. And now I scheduled our next trip in September around MNSSHP! Something about it being dark, and everyone is in costume. So fun! Haven't decided on a costume yet...

So red cardigan, yellow necklace, blue shirt? Red, Yellow, Blue? Could you be channeling Snow White??

I am super excited for our next trip, it is going to be the first time I have tried my hand at creating outfit choices! I finally got all of my pieces ordered and they should be here with the next week! My DH and I are doing coordinating ones! Dory/Marlin, Boba Fett/Stormtrooper, Mary Poppins/Bert, Snow White/Prince Ferdinand, and Vanellope/Ralph!

I can't wait to read more about your trip! Sorry you had to hear complaints, that is never fun at all, especially when you are staying CL!!

P.S. Yes, I probably have too many distickers...LOL :crowded:

A+++ Snow White! A little subtle. When I originally planned my outfits, I thought for sure 7DMT would be open that day. Nuts to me!

Your outfits sound amazing! I think Will is a great husband, but I don't think I could get him to Disney Bound with me...though I have not asked yet.

One can never have too many tickers...

I would have been disappointed as well if I had the same experience with the CM's as well. Hope your trip gets better and you can forget about the negativity. That is so not like the Poly. But I guess there are disgruntled employees every where but like you said take it behind doors not in front of the customers.

Oh and I love the smell of the Poly and the sound of the waterfall.

Overall the trip was amazing!!! I just had expected a different check-in experience!

I think I can handle them removing the waterfall, but if they change the scent, I may have to get a sign and picket around the resort!

Oh DisBoards...how I love you so. I started following the BoG FP thread, I don’t know, MONTHS ago. They had released the March openings, and then the April, and then…..April 3rd they opened up the May slots, and I was ready!

I NEVER got the BoG FP lunch email invite. Well, they are not keeping this gal from storming the castle! I printed off my reservation time and had it in the trusty backpack.

We crossed over from TL to FL through the smoking back-path.

IMAGE_1612.jpg

IMAGE_1613.jpg

Once in NF, you can see the long line for BOG lunch. I decided if they turn us away, even with the FP print out, we would not be standing in that line! Since we never got the official email invite, I knew it would be iffy.

I felt like I was doing something illegal and maybe it is, I don’t know, Disney unethical? But seriously, if Disney did not want people to make the FP without the email invite they so could make it harder! Like give out a code or a time slot for people. Then again, maybe I am justifying my transgression. Anyhoo, we walked up to the podium and said we had a FP. I thought having a print out actually made us seem kind of suspicious, but I think I was overthinking it.
She let us in without any fuss!

OMGeeze I was so excited!

IMAGE_1618.jpg

I had read so many other reports of people’s experience and I wanted to see it for myself, especially the stained-glass of a pantless Prince (either you already know what I am talking about….or will shortly!).

IMAGE_1615.jpg

IMAGE_1619.jpg

I thought the lunch offerings were great!! I had pre-ordered the food, but that did not save, so we had to re-order.

Order screen:
IMAGE_1620.jpg

Will and I got the Quiche to split and each ordered the Quinoa Salad. Quinoa!!!! But we had to make up for all that healthiness and get some dessert.

Will got the Triple Chocolate Cupcake and I had to experience the gray stuff and got The Master’s Cupcake!

IMAGE_1626.jpg

IMAGE_1623.jpg

I knew where we were going to sit, no matter how long it took, the West Wing!! There actually was only a really short wait to get a 2-top.

IMAGE_1621.jpg

IMAGE_1627.jpg

Overall, we had a great time. I knew the hype would be hard to match, but we really did enjoy ourselves! I mean Quinoa and chocolate...Hollar!

Pantless Prince!
IMAGE_1629.jpg

IMAGE_1630.jpg

We emerged from the dark cool of the Castle and back into the Florida warmth. Our third FP+ was waiting for us!

We made it one land over to Liberty Square. With FP+, one of the biggest benefits is not running around to all corners of the park to try and grab a FP-. So far everything was basically a walk-on with our FP+.

Now it was time for my favorite!! Haunted Mansion! FP+ window 12:35pm-1:35pm

IMAGE_1631.jpg

IMAGE_1632.jpg

IMAGE_1633.jpg

IMAGE_1636.jpg

IMAGE_1639.jpg

No ride photo for this one! Don’t you think a ride photo with you and the hitchhiking ghost would be a money-maker for them?! I had read rumors that they were going to install ride photos for HM and BTMR, but just still seems to be in the rumor stage. At the rate it took them to get 7DMT open, I am not holding my breath.

Once we were done with HM, we could make our 4th FP+ selection! In case you did not know, as soon as you use your 3rd FP+ you can make a 4th, you do not have to wait until the 3rd window expired. I was so excited to see what was going to be available. We were not park hopping, so our next selections would be MK only. Will said he wanted BTMR, and whenever Will expresses any input into our WDW plans, I listen! We were able to get BTMR at 5:15pm.
We wanted to go to the room and settle in but still had not gotten a text that our room was ready.

So I talked Will into “catching a show”. I think maybe I have seen the County Bear Jamboree at some point in my childhood. Surely. But since my Disney renaissance of my adulthood, I have not been. I swear it is not that FP+ reduced me to CBJ it is I really wanted to check it out!

IMAGE_1640.jpg

IMAGE_1641.jpg

While I don’t have childhood memories of CBJ I do have found memories of Showbiz Pizza as a kid. Before you start hurling things at me, yes Big Al is a major step-up from Billy Bob!

Right on time, we got a text that our room was ready. We had been up since 4:00am, and were ready to take a rest.

Now we could head out and back to Poly! Ferry ho!

As in “Land ho!”...just to be clear

IMAGE_1642.jpg

IMAGE_1643.jpg

IMAGE_1646.jpg

When we got back to the Resort we were able to check out our room and made sure our luggage had magically made it!

Is it me or does this towel Mickey seem to be smiling at us?
IMAGE_1651.jpg

Hidden Mickey in the painting!
IMAGE_1652.jpg

Our View! Seems like a Castle (Theme park view) view to me!
IMAGE_1649.jpg

We rested and took in the scenery. Yeah yeah, there were those dang blast bungalows, but it beats the view I have out of my bedroom at home (which if you were curious, looks into the neighbor’s yard and his 1989 pick-up that stopped working somewhere in the mid-90s and now collects water at the perfect temperature for mosquito breeding).

I was determined to get in the Volcano pool this trip! However, it did not seem like the right time as we were going to head back to MK fairly soon. With my pale skin and long hair, swimming is a bit of an ordeal (between the sunscreen application and soaking wet hair!). So we strolled around the resort, waiting for the next FP+.

It is a tradition to take this picture!
IMAGE_1656.jpg

IMAGE_1675.jpg

IMAGE_1661.jpg

IMAGE_1662.jpg

IMAGE_1663.jpg

IMAGE_1664.jpg

IMAGE_1666.jpg

IMAGE_1668.jpg

Before we left, I left a Mousekeeping envelope with a tip for the turndown service. I’d love to take credit for these, but I got them from Etsy! I thought they were so fun!
IMAGE_1653.jpg

IMAGE_1654.jpg

Back on the Monorail, back through bag check and on our way to Big Thunder Mountain!
IMAGE_1669.jpg

IMAGE_1670.jpg

IMAGE_1671.jpg

Seems like the CM got a bad whiff of something.
IMAGE_1672.jpg

No dancing on this ride!
IMAGE_1673.jpg

We got the last row and it really makes a difference! Truly seemed like the wildest ride in this wilderness!

We still had some time until our ADR for dinner. Just for fun, I went to a Kiosk to see what we could get as an immediate FP. Jungle Cruise was available! The wait time was like 30-40 minutes, so I thought this was a great deal.
IMAGE_1674.jpg

IMAGE_1676.jpg

Our boat!
IMAGE_1677.jpg

IMAGE_1678.jpg

Sleepy zebra!
IMAGE_1680.jpg

Backside of water!
IMAGE_1681.jpg

I love this little guy.
IMAGE_1682.jpg

I will be the first to admit, I went in with somewhat a sour view of the whole FP+ system. I was a master (as many of us were) at gathering FP- for family on trips. I knew the loopholes (like how Dumbo and Barnstormer were not in the same system) and ran around like a mad woman scheming and collecting FP-. But, and Disney did not pay me to say this, I really enjoyed the FP+ experience! I felt like we rode a lot of rides, the vast majority being FP+. I was amazed with the evening choices, BTMR, SM, RnR. Now, I say this knowing that we were there not at peak season. But, in case you were feeling as I had initially felt, take comfort in that you may end up liking it a lot more than you thought!

Up next, dinner!!!

So glad to hear that the sketchy BOG FP+ reservations work! We have one for our upcoming trip, and like you I am definitely going to be taking that print-out with me...juuuuust in case! :thumbsup2

So glad to hear that the sketchy BOG FP+ reservations work! We have one for our upcoming trip, and like you I am definitely going to be taking that print-out with me...juuuuust in case! :thumbsup2

For the billions they dump into technology, you would think things like the BOG FP would be less glitchy! You shouldn't have a problem!

so glad things worked out with your BOG FP! Definitely understand how you are feeling though, going past the lines and feeling like you need to justify that, yes, you are allowed to do this

Pretty darn good view I'd say - I mean, will be better when the construction is over but even the view of the bungalows kinda says "vacation"

You guys got a lot down and seem to really be using the FP+ well. I think adding the extra 4th has really made a big difference, and I think over time people will learn how to maximize this as well. I think a lot of the uproar was people feeling like they perfected the old method and not wanting change - though I do think it is fair to be a little upset that you have to pay full price admission while Disney is still working the kinks out

BTW - not sure if it looked to me like your towel Mickey was smiling, but the swirly nature of it made me thing of Nightmare Before Christmas or something similar.

Well Elena, I too never got any email invite and I have absolutely no issue with having booked a BoG FP as well. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Nothing.

Ha Pants-less Prince!! Yup, I am familiar and yet I still don't understand what Disney was thinking.

Oooh it looks like they have the extended queue set up for HM. That's scary.

OK, good to know the 4th FP+ seems to work well.

YES, back row on a coaster is, in most cases, substantially better than any other spot. Especially BTMR. Because the front row on that is excruciating in its slowness.

Great updates. Funny about the BoG fastpass. We never got the email either but booked it from the link I got on here. It never even occurred to me that I wasn't supposed to so that. As you said, if it was exclusive, like a pin, it wouldn't have been so easy to do ; )

Will have to check out the jamboree on our next trip. I too haven't been there since childhood so I think a bit of nostalgia is in order.

I just came across this and it is a great report so far.

We have to go in Country Bear Jamboree once every trip and it is a similar story to you. It is funny, but the Country Bears is the ONLY and I mean ONLY attraction I can remember from a trip we took to Disney World when I was a child. Of all those rides the only thing I remember is the Country Bears, so with that in mind we have to go in there at least once on every trip.

Can't wait for more!

I'm following along! The day you arrived in WDW was the day we left from our most recent drip. Depressing..but I am excited to read about your adventures anyway! :)

so glad things worked out with your BOG FP! Definitely understand how you are feeling though, going past the lines and feeling like you need to justify that, yes, you are allowed to do this

Pretty darn good view I'd say - I mean, will be better when the construction is over but even the view of the bungalows kinda says "vacation"

You guys got a lot down and seem to really be using the FP+ well. I think adding the extra 4th has really made a big difference, and I think over time people will learn how to maximize this as well. I think a lot of the uproar was people feeling like they perfected the old method and not wanting change - though I do think it is fair to be a little upset that you have to pay full price admission while Disney is still working the kinks out

BTW - not sure if it looked to me like your towel Mickey was smiling, but the swirly nature of it made me thing of Nightmare Before Christmas or something similar.

A lot of members on the Disboards seem to feel quite passionate about FP+, either in a positive or negative way. I agree that adding the 4th one was really beneficial! I hope eventually it can be done on a smart phone though and bypass the kiosks!

Well Elena, I too never got any email invite and I have absolutely no issue with having booked a BoG FP as well. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Nothing.

Ha Pants-less Prince!! Yup, I am familiar and yet I still don't understand what Disney was thinking.

Oooh it looks like they have the extended queue set up for HM. That's scary.

OK, good to know the 4th FP+ seems to work well.

YES, back row on a coaster is, in most cases, substantially better than any other spot. Especially BTMR. Because the front row on that is excruciating in its slowness.

I just felt kind of guilty walking past all these people in the sun at BoG. But I guess they could have used the link as well if they wanted to!

Yes, seeing the extended queue line at HM is scarier than the ride itself!

The only coaster I can think of where front seems best is RnR. At least from my experience, it seems more intense with nothing in front of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter