Poly Rooms

BarbO1999

Earning My Ears
We are going over Thanksgiving and just looked up our reservations to see what type of room we have, it is a garden view...Do you think we will be able to change it on check in to a lagoon or MK view? Or maybe an upgrade to something different? Also do these rooms have a balcony? Any suggestions!

We are going over Thanksgiving and just looked up our reservations to see what type of room we have, it is a garden view...Do you think we will be able to change it on check in to a lagoon or MK view? Or maybe an upgrade to something different? Also do these rooms have a balcony? Any suggestions!
If you would like to upgrade to a Lagoon View room, then you should probably call the reservation center. If you are asking if they will bump you into a Lagoon View room, I am not sure about that (sorry). It really depends on your feelings, if you want a lagoon view room go for it. We always stay in Garden View rooms and find that the room views are lovely!

Some of the longhouses have balconies. For example, Tahiti has a balcony on the 2&3 floors where as some of the older longhouses only have balconies on the third floor. Keep in mind that the balcony for all the longhouses on the first floor is more like a patio ;).

The older longhouses, on the second floor have "fake" balconies :)

If you want to switch to a Lagoon View or Magic Kingdom View then I would try and change your reservation before you leave, because no one should ever go thinking they will get a free upgrade. If some people did and never got one chances are they will be upset and won't enjoy their time at WDW.

Sorry, I re-read your question and I thought that would also add:
I would not risk it. You could luck out on your check in day and be able to book a lagoon view or MK view, but I personally think that it would be safer to book the room ahead of time that way you most likely will be guaranteed a room view that you would like :)

I agree with the general ideas above. If you want a different room category, then attempt to make that reservation NOW. If it's available, then you'll reserve it ... this gives you a better chance of getting what you want rather than just hoping to get lucky on yoru arrival day. And since you are going to be there during one of the busiest weeks of the year, the odds of a room happening to open up on that day are pretty slim.

Garden view, lagoon view, and MK view are specific booking categories at the Poly. Lagoon view is about $105/night more than garden view, MK view is about $150/night more.

If you want to upgrade, I'd highly recommend doing it now. You're visiting during a very busy holiday period, and the upgraded room categories may well be sold out by the time you arrive. They may already be sold out.

Well I called today directly to the Poly for upgrade and couldn't. I made the reservation thru expedia and they said I would have to call expedia and cancel then book with them and then could upgrade or wait till I come next week and take my chances. The girl did say they had plenty of rooms on that side and was pretty sure we could do this when we got there! but of course not 100% sure as we know anything can happen. But they are not booked for Thanksgiving according to this girl so I'll take my chances....or just keep my garden view!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter