Poly room advice with kids

MCK588

Mouseketeer
I requested the Tokelau building based on what I initially read about it being close to the Neverland Club and TTC, etc. Now that I've done more research it turns out that I think my needs are different. We won't be using the Neverland Club as much as it sounded like we would when I initially read about it, so I don't need to be close to it. We'll be going to the parks but I think we'll spend a majority of our time at the resort.

This is what is important to us for our November trip:

Pool time! If the weather cooperates, we would like to spend alot of time in the pool with our DS6 and DD4.

Close to food! Captain Jack's will probably see us quite often with our hungry little kiddos..and DH is always making food runs while I get the kiddos ready in the morning or once they are asleep and he ends up juggling a couple trays, so the closer we are the better

Being close to GCH would be nice

Would love a bathroom with two sinks only if it fit into the above scenario

Which buildings would be best for me? Garden view only please.

Ditto, I'm anxious to hear the answers too, I'd like exactly the same thing for our November trip. Thanks for posting this! popcorn::

Our favorite is Samoa for all the reasons you have listed. Close to pool, GCH, Captain Cooks etc. If you want a balcony you must request lst or 3rd floor. You could look at tikimans site and see that too. I could also live with rarotonga for closeness to everything. Aeortora is close walk to gch but you could get the luau traffic sometimes. That bldg. has a monorail/parking lot view which is o.k.

Our favorite is Samoa for all the reasons you have listed. Close to pool, GCH, Captain Cooks etc. If you want a balcony you must request lst or 3rd floor. You could look at tikimans site and see that too. I could also live with rarotonga for closeness to everything. Aeortora is close walk to gch but you could get the luau traffic sometimes. That bldg. has a monorail/parking lot view which is o.k.

For all you Poly Experts, which is better; 1st or 3rd floor?

We were there with our DD4 in March. I think it is the perfect location. The quiet pool is right behind you, and you are right next to the main house, which is where the restaurants and monorail are. The volcano pool is also very close. The only thing that is far is the boat launch. That being said, I was amazed at how small the resort is. I had expected it to be very spread out, but it isn't. We did not think we would use Neverland Club, but my daughter wanted to go while DH and I went to Kona. She loved it, and went back every night while DH and I did a table service dinner.

Whichever building you get you will have a great time.

Tokelau is probably most centrally located and just steps to the Quiet Pool. Samoa is flanked by the Volcano Pool on the west and the Quiet Pool on the east. Raratonga would be closest to the GCH and Captain COOK'S (hmmm, somebody has been watching to many Pirates of the Caribbean movies:rotfl2: )

Do try to see "Wishes" from the Volcano Pool one night. You can't get that view anywhere else in the "World".

All of the long houses have their own advantages. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed if you do not get your choice. Just remember to bring strollers for the kids so you can wheel them back to the room at night. The distances between longhouses are not that great for adults, but for tired children at the end of the day I am sure it can seem like forever.

Have a wonderful trip!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter