Poly restaurant choice?

SpeechGuy

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting the Poly during our trip this December. We would like to eat dinner at one of the restaurants while we are there. Should we go with the Kona Cafe or Ohana's? We have two children ages 11 and 13. We will be doing a couple of character breakfast/dinners at other resorts. Just wondering which is the better meal, atmosphere, etc for a one time visit to the poly. Thanks!:wave2:

Since those are my 2 favorite restaurants, I have a hard time picking one over the other. Both have great food and wonderful service. The differences are at Ohana, it is an all you can eat meal, and a set menu. At Kona you just order off a regular menu, but obviously that means there are more choices. At Ohana they have coconut races and hula hoop contests for the kids, where as at Kona Cafe they dont. But dont feel that kids arent welcome at Kona. We have found it to be great for our kids.

Its a tough choice, but IMO, you cant go wrong at either place...it just depends what you are looking for in your meal.
Enjoy!

We haven't been to Ohana but had a wonderful lunch at Kona in November. Everything we got was excellent. Just keep in mind that the portions are quite big and easily shared. My wife got just an entree and I got just an appetizer and it was still too much food for the 2 of us.

It depends on what you are looking for, but I will say both restaurants are fabulous!! The best thing with Ohana is the view out the windows, the all-you-can-eat and the great BBQ.

The Kona Cafe is much more laid back, no CM "fun" interaction with your kids. The Kona has the most AMAZING desserts. We went there once just for dessert and coffee!

Your kids will love Kona's desserts! They have a kids kone that my 14 year old gets. The cone stands up (chocolate holds it on the plate) and it is surrounded by cotton candy, m & m's, sprinkles, etc. A kids delight for sure! The food is fantastic and one of my families favorites.

Originally posted by BrotherBear
It depends on what you are looking for, but I will say both restaurants are fabulous!! The best thing with Ohana is the view out the windows, the all-you-can-eat and the great BBQ.

The Kona Cafe is much more laid back, no CM "fun" interaction with your kids. The Kona has the most AMAZING desserts. We went there once just for dessert and coffee!

Dont forget a view isnt guaranteed at Ohana. When we ate there, we were nowhere near any window. I wouldnt go for the view alone.:D

We had dinner at the Kona Cafe for the first time last June. My DS was almost 13 then and loved the appetizer we were so supposed to share so much that I had to order another appetizer for myself!
We both thought the food was fabulous. It is much quieter than Ohana and enjoyed Kona so much that we will be returning there for dinner again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter