Poly question

your friend

Mouseketeer
Looking forward to our first stay at the poly. In my research I have noticed that not all of the rooms have balconies. If I book a standard room will I get one of those rooms or not. I would like to have a balcony. What can I do to ensure I get a balcony room?

Looking forward to our first stay at the poly. In my research I have noticed that not all of the rooms have balconies. If I book a standard room will I get one of those rooms or not. I would like to have a balcony. What can I do to ensure I get a balcony room?

Definitely add that request to your reservation. Just tell the castmember when you book that you want a balcony and they'll add it to your reservation notes. It isn't guaranteed but your chances are pretty good. :) Especially if that is your only request. Have a great trip! :cloud9:

There is nothing you can do to make sure you get a balcony as not all rooms have them and depending on what's available for your stay, your request may or may not be granted. The best thing to do is when you make your reservation, have that request noted on your reservation. Keep in mind, though, that it is just a request and is not guaranteed. Disney will do everything they can to accommodate you, but there are times it just isn't possible.

Thanks I understand that they can't always grant requests. I just didn't know if there was a way to definitely get a balcony. I wouldn't let it bother me anyway. I mean hey we'll be in disney. I always expect the worst anyway.

When you arrive to check-in ask again if they were able to grant your request. They can check the computer and possibly change you to a different room if the room you've been assigned doesn't have one. Maybe as a second choice ask them for a patio. That would at least be better than having neither one. :) I think you have a good chance of getting a balcony though. :thumbsup2

We booked a standard garden view and requested Tokelau, great central location, and all floors ( except ground, which have patio) have balconies.

There is no way to absolutely ensure getting a balcony. Your best bet is to request Tokelau, Rapa Nui or Tahiti buildings. They have balconies/patios on all floors. You can also request a balcony. I would make Tokelau my first request Nd balcony the second. Your chances are actually pretty good.

I always asked for 3rd floor as my first request. The key is to be flexible on your longhouse and confirm it at check in.

I always asked for 3rd floor as my first request. The key is to be flexible on your longhouse and confirm it at check in.

I agree that it's better to be flexible with your longhouse and just request a balcony room. I think the OP's underlying concern was are there balcony rooms available in the garden view category (the least expensive room category at the Poly). The answer to that is yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter