Poly Pros and Cons

Cara or anyone....

The view not withstanding is this a picture of a "standard" room at the Poly????? Or is it much larger than standard? Also is the daybed a standard part of the rooms :confused3 We stayed at the BC last year is the size similar?

Considering booking offsite this trip but this pic just may have sold me on staying on site.

All the rooms (except for the suites) at the Poly are basically the same, just in different categories MK views, Lagoon View, etc. Even the concierge building (Hawaii) the room is the same as the one you would get in a standard garden view, with the expectation of a DVD player and the concierge services. The room picture that Cara posted looks similar to any of the long houses. There's no larger deluxe Queen rooms or kid suites like there is at the on site Universal resorts PBH, HRH, RPR. That's one of the reasons why I don't go for a MK or Lagoon view room and the extra cost, because once the curtain is shut, the rooms are the same. For the money, I would book a GVC room and enjoy the view from the lounge, yet still have the services concierge provides and be in the Hawaii building. If those special view rooms were much larger than a standard one, then I would consider it.

Put it this way: I would rather be at the Poly and have a garden view at a affordable price, then be at another resort and be given/upgraded to a fancy view. The Polynesian is well landscaped and beautiful, there's really no such thing as a bad view, IMO. I had a 3rd floor room in the Samoa building that overlooked the Volcano pool and it was simply beautiful. I spent many of a early morning drinking my coffee on that balcony and soaking it all in. You can't go wrong with the Poly, IMO.

Note to add: I'm not slamming anyone who pays for a MK or Lagoon view and more power to you, if that's what you enjoy. For what they charge for that view, my family finds it more economical to go garden view. To me staying at the Poly is the most important thing.

Cara or anyone....

The view not withstanding is this a picture of a "standard" room at the Poly????? Or is it much larger than standard? Also is the daybed a standard part of the rooms :confused3 We stayed at the BC last year is the size similar?

Considering booking offsite this trip but this pic just may have sold me on staying on site.

This is what every room looks like!!! Reguardless of the view you choose!

Cara or anyone....

As they mentioned already all rooms are the same layout (or reversed) and have the daybed. That photo was of the test room in Aotearoa back in 2005 and it is one of the smaller rooms (415 sq ft) but still larger than most deluxe resort rooms that are not usually even over 400 sqft. There are some rooms that are even larger (476 sqft) so what you see there is the smallest you would get.

LOVE the pictures of the view! We are going in NOV and I can't wait!!:cheer2:

Kara -- i think we will be at the Poly together! :) What are your dates?? We will be there Nov. 17th - 25th. :banana:

Hoping perhaps Tikiman or another Dis-er will know answer to this: Are the wheelchair accessible rooms in RapaNui any larger? I suppose the bath must be larger, to accomodate a wheelchair next to the toilet, so I'm worried that the square footage of the bedroom might be decreased, to equal the same overall...anybody know? No matter what the size though, we are so over the top excited about our trip in December!

The room size outside the bathroom is the same. They made the sink area smaller and rearranged the layout in the bathroom to allow for the space. Also the rooms in Tokelau and Rapa Nui that are the later construction that had larger rooms than the original longhouses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter