poly pool or YC pool?

goofie

Earning My Ears
Which pool is best for 10 and 12 year olds? I would appreciate any details: length of slides, hot tubs, water temperature, pool hours, any details at all?

THANKS!!!!:sunny:

Not to be sarcastic.... but Yacht club definately... not even close. Slide is AWESOME.... and alot of other pool activities. The pool is very spread out as well so it feels lees crowded. (at times)

There is no comparison, and there's no hot tub at the Poly.

At YC, there are two slides, including a huge one, and multiple hot tubs -- I'm not even sure how many, but there's even one at the quiet pool.

My daughter is 12 and we have stayed at both places. She actually likes the slide at the Poly pool the best. I think because there are lights(?) in it and it's not quite as long. I've never been down either slide so can't give you the details. As far as pools go there is no comparison between the size of the two pools. Stormalong Bay is so huge with a sand bottom. I would go back there again just for the pool. It has to be experienced. Both pools were opened about the same hours. When we were there Stormalong Bay was never as crowded as the volcano pool at the Poly. You can also rent tubes to relax in at Stormalong Bay or to ride in the lazy river part.

The last time we where at Disney was 8 years ago. We stayed at the Beach Club. Going back again and my husband wanted to know why we weren't trying a different resort this time, such as the Boardwalk. It was because of Stormalong Bay!! There isn't any other resort pool like it in Disney!

My family prefers the Poly pool with the possible exception of one son who just loves them both. We enjoy SAB too in fact it was one of the reasons we bought at BCV.

Poly pool gets points for "view," or "ambience," whatever you call it. It's not as nifty as SAB but my kids LOVE that slide. I love that while they are swimming, I get to sit on that sandy beach with a pina colada and look across at the castle, and all is right with the world. The Polynesian beach has magical powers...

Originally posted by colleen costello
Poly pool gets points for "view," or "ambience," whatever you call it. It's not as nifty as SAB but my kids LOVE that slide. I love that while they are swimming, I get to sit on that sandy beach with a pina colada and look across at the castle, and all is right with the world. The Polynesian beach has magical powers...

Ditto. I love sitting on the beach with a tropical drink. When we were last there (12/01) DS almost-5 primarily made sand castles on the beach and watched fireworks. The MK closed at 6:00, so we usually left around 5:00, took the water taxi back, and camped out on the beach. It was so great! I am glad we have another trip in sight or I would go crazy:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

It certainly is a tough choice choosing between the Volcano pool at the Polynesian, or SAB. I struggle with this choice every time!!! Our children love the Volcano pool and ask to go back!! We have stayed at other Deluxe resorts, GF BWV and our boys LOVE the Polynesian!

I think SAB has many great features, and we will stay there, however there is a very magical relaxed feel to the Polynesian that brings us back every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter