Poly pics thread

Does anyone have pics of the refurbed rooms? I've seen the ones on Tikiman's site but some are so teeny and hard to make out.

19 days til our trip! :D

I meant possible views from the room. I know the actual rooms look the same. :-)

Here is a "zoomed" view from my room in March.

A201058C-34F2-4B56-ACFE-C656AC5C0486-4449-000005A2EB91382E_zps66c50967.jpg

I promise I will see you soon my dear, sweet POLY!! I also miss all my POLY peeps that I haven't spoken to in a while, it's so hard to be on this board when you don't have a current trip to the POLY scheduled. I cheated on my favorite hotel this past February & still feel quilty about it (hehe), the Beach Club was not the same & I won't do it again, I promise:((( Shame, Shame on me..........:sad:

HELLO again EVERYBODY!!!!!:wave2::goodvibes:flower3:

I promise I will see you soon my dear, sweet POLY!! I also miss all my POLY peeps that I haven't spoken to in a while, it's so hard to be on this board when you don't have a current trip to the POLY scheduled. I cheated on my favorite hotel this past February & still feel quilty about it (hehe), the Beach Club was not the same & I won't do it again, I promise:((( Shame, Shame on me..........:sad:

HELLO again EVERYBODY!!!!!:wave2::goodvibes:flower3:

Oh my gosh, you are so funny! And almost reading my thoughts! Last year we stayed at CSR, our lovely Poly was just out of our price range. This year I have Poly reserved, but started looking at WL to possibly save a little money. Poly is sooooo expensive!! But I finally decided that I did not want to book WL, get there, and wish I had booked Poly. WL is a beautiful resort, but my heart belongs to Poly. So, we will be there again this year!

These pics get me so excited for our upcoming stay in September, Poly is our absolute favorite and we get to spend 3 days of complete bliss!!!! <3

Oh my gosh, you are so funny! And almost reading my thoughts! Last year we stayed at CSR, our lovely Poly was just out of our price range. This year I have Poly reserved, but started looking at WL to possibly save a little money. Poly is sooooo expensive!! But I finally decided that I did not want to book WL, get there, and wish I had booked Poly. WL is a beautiful resort, but my heart belongs to Poly. So, we will be there again this year!

I was worried not staying at the POLY would completely ruin my Feb trip at Beach Club CL, it didn't completely ruin it. I'll tell you one thing, I did not visit it either (POLY)---too scared I might cry :sad:. I also missed the aroma of my favorite mildewy, endearing--probably poisonous smell of my fave resort (the fountain-which they're finally removing, WAH...) My daughter refused to be happy at all about our trip, because her fave part is the Polynesian, so she made us practically miserable (15yrs old, need I say more) & that also made me cry:sad:. My son was sweet & just went with the flow.

It was President's week when we went & sooooo packed (big mistake).
LIVE with Kelly & Michael were also there that week, the only neat thing about our stay at the Beach Club was that the guests for the show were staying on our CL floor, my kids rode in elevator with NEO & his bodyguards, so cool.

Needless to say I learned my lesson, yes POLY is waaaaay over priced, but I never pay rack rate anyway & you can "ROOM ONLY" it & practically lay-away it, if need be. At least you won't be at another resort longing for it:beach:.... Everyone has their mainstay or family pick & the POLY just so happens to be ours (I wish it were OUR'S):rotfl:

Before we ever stayed at the POLY, we tried WL & very much enjoyed it, definitely cheaper....Courtyard view--free upgrade, I just asked at check-in.princess:

Have a great day!!!!:flower3:

Thx, for all the exceptional photo's...You are making me SAD--really appreciate it,:crazy2: just joking... They are fab, keep em' coming:) pixiedust:

Before we ever stayed at the POLY, we tried WL & very much enjoyed it, definitely cheaper....Courtyard view--free upgrade, I just asked at check-in.princess:

Have a great day!!!!:flower3:

Im considering a split stay at WL and poly but i loooooove the poly, should i do that or just stay at the poly?
Im just afraid im going to be missing the poly while im at the WL

Im considering a split stay at WL and poly but i loooooove the poly, should i do that or just stay at the poly?

One thing you will definitely miss is the extra space! WL rooms are not as large as the Poly's.

Depends how long your staying, If you were staying like two weeks, heck yeah -- then you would have time at each. I personally don't like split stays because I have to unpack & transfer all my stuff to other hotel & sometimes have to deal with check in policies all over. I would only do a "split stay" if I were going on a cruise & needed a place before & after cruise, but that's really not a split stay. So, No--unless long vacay, because you will long for it:))) Take care & let me know what your doing, k????

P.S.
Now if your running up to WDW for a short trip, then just stay at WL & try it out, only a boat ride away from POLY.... You can always schedule dinner or breakfast there*O*

I miss you POLY, I'm cheating on you over at the Beach club Resort! It's nice here, but my heart is with you!!!!!!!!!

LOL. That's exactly how we felt last summer while staying at the BC. We decided to try a new resort because the discount offered for the Poly was laughable (5%?....really Disney?) The whole time I was at BC I was thinking "Wow, this is really a nice resort. I never want to stay here again! I want my Poly back!" Well we are returning to the Poly in August thank God. Man, I hope they don't ruin it with the reported DVC plans. Book ending the resort with DVC is a freakin' joke.

LOL. That's exactly how we felt last summer while staying at the BC. We decided to try a new resort because the discount offered for the Poly was laughable (5%?....really Disney?) The whole time I was at BC I was thinking "Wow, this is really a nice resort. I never want to stay here again! I want my Poly back!" Well we are returning to the Poly in August thank God. Man, I hope they don't ruin it with the reported DVC plans. Book ending the resort with DVC is a freakin' joke.

Thats funny, because we had just the opposite experience.
We were huge POly fans until last year prior to our Cruise. We stayed in the same building we always request. Tokelau, quiet pool view.
Room was DISGUSTINGLY dirty. We paid close to $400.00 a night. The AP discount was next to nothing. Yes, I did call housekeeping. They did come and re-clean and DUST the room. It was filled with sand (which was all over the daybed) and obviously not dusted in quite some time, since we were able to write our initials on the wood furnishings that hadn't seen a dust cloth in quite some time. The bathroom door hinges were RUSTED as were spots all over the door. The toilet seat was broken and the drain in sink was clogged.

It really KILLED it for us as far as Poly was concerned. They can come and clean the room but rust and a broken toilet seat..that's just plain neglect. Since we were only staying two nights prior to the cruise it really didn't pay to switch rooms. While we love :lovestruc the ambiance the Poly offers ,it just wasn't worth that kind of money any more. As much as it pained us to do so, we had to take our heads out of that Disney bubble and look at the resort with realistic eyes. We knew we would not have accepted a room in that condition were it anywhere else. The resort amenities and theme had always out weighed any previous issue we may have encountered with a room. This time; we finally realized the pendulum had swung too far to over look the obvious decline in both housekeeping and room furnishings. It was worn..and it showed.
I am curious to see what the effect of DVC has on the resort. There have always been hit or miss reviews on the Poly. We've been visiting Disney for some 21 years now. I've seen it run in cycles. Great..to Poor, and then it seems they refurbish or get a boot to the butt, and things are good again. As a long time visitor to the World, and having stayed at most of the Deluxe resorts (and two of the moderates) I have found the pendulum swings to extremes in regards to this resort.

It was time for us to take a break. This past November we stayed at the Beach Club. We previously, had not been overly impressed with the resort. That being said, we had a truly delightful and relaxing stay this time around. The AP rate was GREAT! The rooms were nicely furnished and we chose a room and a view this time we thoroughly enjoyed. One along the walkway close to Epcot. It was literally feet from the bridge. We could sit right outside our room and watch the Epcot fireworks. The atrium area between the Beach Club and Beach Club Villas was a nice quiet place to eat breakfast from the counter serve. There were HOT TUBS! Additionally the quiet pool, WAS a quiet pool. Our previous room was way to far from amenities of the resort and the view was awful. This time around, we chose a better location and view. I do find it is
a huge resort. One does have to give more thought as to what is most important to them in regard to location, view, and which amenities you want to be near.
While I wouldn't rule out a trip to Poly again. I have to admit the Beach Club was a much better value, and the service and cleanliness were top notch. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter