• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POLY overated. What do you think?

I think your list of issues with the Poly are valid complaints. I think it will serve a purpose to those who have never stayed there before but plan to so maybe they won't set their expecations too high.

Well said:thumbsup2 !

After many years of always staying on property, DH and I stayed off property last month. Theming is nice at Disney, But the rates are getting out of control. The hotel we stayed at was nicer, internet was included, and the room was spotless. Disney resorts from a housekeeping stand point are horrible. But it is the reality of outsourcing jobs. I refuse to pay the Disney rates for dirty rooms and the nickel and diming of things like internet.

That said. Disney theming is the best! I think people's thoughts on what resort they like or do not like is a personal choice.

"I was just covering myself. Lately, I have been getting flamed by the most basic things. You are an open-minded person, but lately I have been running into some (trying to be nice) close-minded flame blowers that seem like they take pleasure in being mean."

As the OP of the post on an adult only resort, I feel your pain!!!! :lmao: There are a lot of folks who don't know how to discuss without being nasty and personally attacking others.

That being said, I stayed at the Poly many many years ago and remember it as being very nice. I can't give a fair assessment as it was too long ago to compare it to today's Disney. I have stayed at CBR and absolutely loved it! The rooms were so big and the resort was very peaceful when we were there. Have also stayed at AKL and loved that one even more! For me it did have that jaw-drop appeal when I walked in, but again, that is me! The rooms however were a tad small but the ability to have my coffee in the morning while looking out at the animals was amazing! The resort is kind of dark, but that is what I expected with that type of theme.

Our trip this time will put us at WL. We've never stayed before but have gone to visit. I remember it being gorgeous and I know we walked down hallways to see the rooms. I know I was totally unimpressed with the size and decor but DH really wants to stay here this time so I'm game.

All in all I do have to say this about the WDW resorts. I have not stayed at the values, but the bedding used (particularly the bedspreads) at both CBR and AKL are akin to what I would expect to find at a value resort. I do not want a cheap feeling polyester bedspread when I'm spending decent money for a room but WDW thinks otherwise and that is what they use! I too expect high thread count sheets but again...... The usage at WDW for all their hotels is so high that I think they go with what wears longest rather then giving the nod to the fact that you're paying a fairly high rate for a room near the resorts. And they can get away with it because that is what people want....convenience to the parks. We've stayed at the hotels off of DTD and the prices were great, linens were nicer, etc. We're paying for the WDW bang folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter