Poly or Y&BC.

What is the makeup of your group? What parks are you planning on spending the most time in? What time of year are you going?

That is a tough call!! Both GREAT resorts!
I guess like the pp said it could depend on the makeup of your group and where you wanna be most of the time. Poly is great for of course MK being on monorail and EP too I guess.

BC is GREAT for Walking through IG nto EP. We ate at EP every night when we stayed there :thumbsup2
Also great location for taking boat or walking to HS. nd how can I forget the BW and SAB.

The BC is our favorite but the Poly was really nice too.

DarkwingDad said:
Trying to decide? Any help is appreciated

Have not stayed at the BC but have stayed at the other two. Between POLY and YC we preferYC.

If I stay at a monorail resort it's because I'm doing more MK days or a lot of resort days.

If I stay in the Epcot area, it's because I'm going to be in Epcot most of the time.

For me, it's a tough call between BC and YC. BC has a busier lobby with the Cape May character breakfast people in there all morning. And 50% of the rooms don't have full balconies, just little standing ones. But I do like the decor and it definitely gets a +1 in that the BC Marketplace has CS food and a mug refill station that makes it convenient.

YC is very dark but it's quieter and the rooms have full balconies. The bar, Crew Cup Lounge, is very convenient also.

Same problem here.
We have stayed at the Poly many times and LOVED it.
BUT BC is on my *must do* list..we have never stayed here and I have always wanted to.

So far my pro/con list:

Poly - PROS:
Monorail.
Food options (love Kona and Captain Cooks)
Theming - LOVE the tropical feel...sandy beach..ELP...:lovestruc
Kona Coffee.
cons: COST

Beach Club - PROS:
location to Epcot.
POOL.
cons: lack of food convienent food options.

We have never done the Water Parks..and I swore we would this trip.
But if I stay at the Beach Club I am not going to spend the extra when we have a fabulous pool. But if we stay there, we will get a car.

Poly - more expensive of the 2...but I will not rent a car...but will add the waterparks option.

Right now I am planning on Poly - but honestly it will probably come down to what, if any discounts are offered. If we don't see something decent for our travel time for the Poly...we will be looking at BC or maybe heading back to AKL. :)

Have stayed at the Poly and BC and while we did enjoy the BC, we prefer the Poly. We love the tropical atmosphere, the larger rooms, a daybed in every room, the pool, the beach for watching the fireworks, and Captain Cooks for quick CS meals. BC is a beautiful resort and it's great being within walking distance to two parks, but the Poly would be our choice :goodvibes.

When is your trip? There are rumors that the Poly will be going under major renovations beginning as early as December that will take out the pool, GCH, etc. I would have serious reservations about booking there until something is confirmed.

YC>BC>POLY

Like both YC & BC a lot. YC is a little more upscale and my all time favorite. (might be biased since we were married there though). Like the walk to Epcot from BC.

We stayed at the Poly last year and while we loved it, it is not calling us back next year. The restaraunts were awesome (except CC) and we will be heading back there for Kona and Ohana. Pool and pool area was waaay too small for our liking. No where to sit. With that said we will be trying out the BC next year and are really excited. We stopped there on our way back from Downtown Disney and walked through to get to International Gateway and fell in love! :love:

I'd definitely go with YC/BC. I love the EPCOT area resorts! The Polynesian is fine, but our experience was that the monorail was not as convenient as we thought it would be.

We have been to both and have even done split stays too.

If it was summer I would definetly say BC for Storm A Long Bay

Christmas - we usually stay at BC to get to Epcot for the CP and the storytellers and easy to get to HS for the Osborne Lights

Poly - monorail access to MK, much better quick service food options.

This choice is tough for us! We are adding the contemporary or BLT to our list now.....so YC/BC, Poly, CR or BLT!?! :-). Thx for all input/assistance!

There are 4 of us DK's are 11 and 13.....every park 2 days each during our stay....probably now fall 2013 due to unforseen injury

Poly lover here! Never stayed at the YV but the BC is also a great resort.

Our Poly Favorites:

Easy access to MK and Epcot
Wishes on the Beach
Great theming/Beautiful Grounds
Ohana/Kona
Cabana Rentals by the Volcano Pool
Neverland Club

And Finally: DOLE WHIP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter