Poly or WL for 4th of July week?

seetheworld

DIS Veteran
The Poly will cost us 700.00 more than the WL. It will be crowded that week and the monorail is awesome, but is it worth 700.00? Thanks for any advice!

We will be at the Poly 4th of July week. We are traveling with 4 children under 10 and specifically booked the Poly for the convience of the monorail. We also plan on using the Neverland Club there at least one night. I'm probably biased because the Poly is my favorite resort, but I know it can be way pricy! Sorry that probably didn't help much!

Love the Poly, but as you said it will be a crowded holiday, and the monorail will be packed also! Not only resort guests, but people coming in to view the fireworks. WL might be a little quieter and less chaotic during that time.

I haven't stayed at WL during the 4th, but the Poly will be very crowded. A couple years ago they ropped off the beach for Poly guests only and provided wrist bands for the pool. I think that I read somewhere that this was done last year as well. The Poly pool is too small IMHO, especially during holidays.

The Poly has awesome transportation options, you can walk to the TTC and take the monorail from there or get on the Monorail at the hotel.

I think all the WDW resorts will be crowded on the 4th :scared1:, but we loved the Poly for the transportation options and the huge rooms and patios.

We were deciding between the WL and Poly or GF. We thought we were going to go with WL because of price.

However, with an AP discount, GF package was only $400 more than WL ($800 more before discount), and GF was only $10 more than Poly ($200 more before discount), so we went with the GF because we were "saving" the most (still spending more, but it's good to know we're getting it for much less than rack rate).

We bought an AP just for the discount because the savings were so significant, even with the cost of the AP, so that's something you might look into if you're hoping to save $$. Of course, it depends on what package you would be getting, anyway. We were purchasing 4 10-day park hopper water parks and more no expiration passes, so the difference in price between that and AP wasn't very significant.

The Poly will cost us 700.00 more than the WL. It will be crowded that week and the monorail is awesome, but is it worth 700.00? Thanks for any advice!

The Poly would probably be very crowded, as well as the TTC since that is a BUSY holiday weekend. I would probably stay at the WL since it is a little off the beaten path, I imagine that would make the resort a little more peaceful than the Poly.

We were deciding between the WL and Poly or GF. We thought we were going to go with WL because of price.

However, with an AP discount, GF package was only $400 more than WL ($800 more before discount), and GF was only $10 more than Poly ($200 more before discount), so we went with the GF because we were "saving" the most (still spending more, but it's good to know we're getting it for much less than rack rate).

We bought an AP just for the discount because the savings were so significant, even with the cost of the AP, so that's something you might look into if you're hoping to save $$. Of course, it depends on what package you would be getting, anyway. We were purchasing 4 10-day park hopper water parks and more no expiration passes, so the difference in price between that and AP wasn't very significant.

Thank you for your post. We are AP holders too. I have 2 threads going on this topic and I wish I combined it into one, but my DH surprised my kids and I w/a trip to WDW from California and only 6 days to plan LOL. I'm thrilled, but trying to pull it all together quickly, unlike my usual months of planning. I think the prices I found are the same as your prices you found. Are you going over the 4th? We found the GF to be the same price as the Poly, but they were both 700.00 higher than the WL [total for 2 rooms as we have 4 kids]. DH hasn't wanted to go to WDW for awhile now so, I want this to be such a special trip for him even w/the crowds. Is the Poly or GF worth 700.00? Thanks for your input!

I would stay at the Poly. I simply love that resort!! But, I don't know your financial situation. If the $700 is a stretch, then change. They're both great resorts!

Have a great trip!!!

I personally believe that the Poly is one of the best places for viewing the 4th of July fireworks. Hopefully they will limit the pool and beach area to resort guests as many drive to the area for fireworks. Monorail service may be crowded but so will the buses and boats to the other resorts.
Have a wonderful 4th, from a FL resident travelling to DL for 4th of July.

We are staying at the Poly from the 2-5. We have stayed at the Contempory the last 2 years over the 4th. But we LOVE the poly. Also the GF is a fabulous place to stay. But for fireworks viewing the poly is the best because you are smack dab in the middle. Also the rooms are larger at the poly then the WL. We have 5 adults in 1 room. Cozy:rotfl2: but it works for us.

Sorry to hijack...just wondering if the beach was closed to guests that has ADR's in the Poly Restaurants on the 4th as well?

I would go with the Polynesian because their rooms are bigger and during a busy time like the week of July 4th it's great having the Resort Monorail access.

Go with the Polynesian!!! The resort is absolutely wonderful! It's also nice having the monorail right there! If you want to avoid the crowds at Magic Kingdom during the fireworks you can always watch them from the Polynesian. My husband and I did that a couple nights last year and it was great! Good luck!

We've never been over the 4th of July but we have stayed at both the WL and the Poly and I would go with the Poly :). The WL is a great resort, but being on the monorail during the holiday and having the beach for watching the fireworks is a huge plus, IMO :goodvibes. Plus we love the Poly for the tropical atmosphere and the larger rooms ;).

I personally believe that the Poly is one of the best places for viewing the 4th of July fireworks. Hopefully they will limit the pool and beach area to resort guests as many drive to the area for fireworks. Monorail service may be crowded but so will the buses and boats to the other resorts.
Have a wonderful 4th, from a FL resident travelling to DL for 4th of July.

Have fun in DL! I have been there for the 4th since I am from CA & it was wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter