poly or WL and why...?

trying to decide.

We love them both, but the Poly is our favorite and that would be my choice :goodvibes. We love the Poly for the following reasons:

- beautiful tropical atmosphere
- large rooms with all rooms having a daybed
- volcano pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle while swimming
- the beach is great for relaxing in a hammock watching the fireworks
- Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals/snacks
- it's relaxing walking around at night under the lit tiki torches
- it's just 2 monorail stops from MK & is a 5-7 minute walk to the TTC
- it's convenient to the GF and CR for a variety of dining/shopping options

Most members of this board are going to recommend The Poly. It's a splendid resort and we stayed in Tahiti several years ago.

We just stayed at WL (the Villas, actually) a few weeks ago. I have to say that I preferred WL. I really liked feeling we had escaped from the parks. There was something very peaceful and it almost has a remote feel to it. WL doesn't really share buses (although we did do a pick up from FW one morning). It has a lovely boat ride to MK and one to CR, I believe. We liked having everything under one roof, basically.

Again, this won't be the answer most will give, but we realllllllly loved WL.

Good luck!

K

Having stayed at both my choice would be WL, just like the atmosphere better and the lobby is beautiful! Have never been a Poly fan, but a lot of people love it. It's great that there are so many choices for everyone. Whatever you choose you will have a great time!

Poly. Walking to the TTC and the monorail is awesome! Plus I love the tropical feel and how the cast members say ALOHA every time they see you.

I love the Poly, and all things being equal would probably choose it. But I would be hesitant to book the Poly over the next couple of years because of possible pending construction there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter