Poly or vwl during Xmas??

DisFanatic

Mouseketeer
Hi y'all!
I need some expert advice.. We snagged a standard studio at the poly for Christmas but are wondering if vwl in a 1 bedroom would be the way to go. It is me, DH and our then 20 month old.. Is a 1 bedroom worth it for double the points? Does the poly have enough Xmas decorations?? Looking for advice from experienced stayers at these resorts.. What would you do?
P.s. We will be heading to magic kingdom and have a car.

If you're mostly going to MK and not spending much time in the room, I'd go with Poly. It's easier and faster to get to MK. Boat from VWL could be a negative. It gets cold in the boat and waiting for the boat :)

The washer/dryer is the selling point for us, plus the extra sitting space. My kids go through so much clothes, and more during the summer :) If we're heading home late Saturday or Sunday, I'm not staying up to do laundry. And I'd never catch up during the week.

Thank you for the insight,nalajms... Didn't think about the cold on the boat, would dislike it, if ds got sick, as it may be cold.. But love the extra sitting room idea, as well as the laundry..

Are you planning to book for points? If so, some of the nights Christmas week are already sold out.

FWIW, I'd take the 1 bedroom. You'll have an extra room so baby can nap without Mom & Dad needing to be extra quiet. You'll have a washer & dryer & jacuzzi tub. No matter how may decorations the Poly might put up, it will never have the WL atmosphere. :)

We stay about 10 years ago at WL prior to joining DVC 10 days before Christmas. The resort was decorated so beautifully for Christmas. It was one of the reason I picked it. I have 3 boys, who at the time were the perfect age for the rugged beauty of WL.

Funny memory- I took the boys over to GF to see the Gingerbread HOuse. They could not wait to get out of there too frou Frou!!! Too Girly!

I also love the room and kitchen in the 1 bedroom. Good luck with your plans.

PS our first family stay was POLY so that resort holds a special place in my heart!☺️

Thank you for the insight,nalajms... Didn't think about the cold on the boat, would dislike it, if ds got sick, as it may be cold.. But love the extra sitting room idea, as well as the laundry..

WL/VWL has a bus to MK also. Best bus ride at WDW IMO. We use it as much as the boat and I wouldn't let a possible cold boat ride affect the decision. When the monorail goes down at the Poly it's then a boat ride to MK and that's the only option.

Though I like the Poly at Christmas you just can't beat The lodge at that time. And the room of a 1 bedroom beats any studio IMO.

normally I would definitely say VWL for Christmas but with upcoming construction I would lean towards Poly

We went through this same quandary and actually decided on a split stay. We are doing four nights at Poly in a studio, then six nights in a one bedroom at VWL. We are nervous about the noise issues at the Poly and really want the extra space and full kitchen for at least part of the trip, so this will be a nice way to experience both resorts. Are you open to that idea?

the polyn has some Christmas decorations - but VWL definitely has more.

where do you own - if Polyn - then definitely do VWL - but if somewhere else - would go with Polyn - because you might not get a chance again.

I would always always take a 1 bedroom over a studio especially with a little one. Having the laundry in the room means you can do laundry without spending time over it. Also having the kitchen means you can prepare the odd snack. Also with little ones having the bedroom to put the little one to sleep in as you sit down in the lounge for the evening is great. And as they get older then you have the bedroom to get away.

Id take poly with a 20 month old. Strollers and boats/bus vs the monorail is a no brainer.

My kids loved stroller naps on the monorail. Also poly has the resort mono or the express/fairy a short walk to ttc.

Christmas MK closes for capacity. Boats from WL fill quick so you might get shut out easier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter