Poly or CSR

matthewsmom2005

Earning My Ears
Hi. I am planning a Disney trip for April 2014 and am trying decide where to stay. There will be myself and my DS who will be eight when we go, and my friend and her DS's who will be eight and six. My DS has been three times, but this will be the first time for his friends. My two favorite resorts are the Poly and CSR, but at the Poly the five of us would have to share a room (which is what my DS would rather do) and at CSR we would have to get two rooms. At Poly we would have to do a GV room whereas at CSR we may be able to do two business class rooms for around the same cost. I know I have a while before I have to book, but I'm afraid I still won't be able to decide! Where would you stay?

Hi. I am planning a Disney trip for April 2014 and am trying decide where to stay. There will be myself and my DS who will be eight when we go, and my friend and her DS's who will be eight and six. My DS has been three times, but this will be the first time for his friends. My two favorite resorts are the Poly and CSR, but at the Poly the five of us would have to share a room (which is what my DS would rather do) and at CSR we would have to get two rooms. At Poly we would have to do a GV room whereas at CSR we may be able to do two business class rooms for around the same cost. I know I have a while before I have to book, but I'm afraid I still won't be able to decide! Where would you stay?

As a family of 5 I can tell you it's hard enough staying in the same room when you're all family. I can't imagine having 3 kids (two of which aren't mine) in the same small room. It can work but I would much rather have my own room.

The Poly is our favorite resort and we have never stayed at CSR, but I think I would go with 2 rooms at CSR. The Poly rooms are very large and spacious and can accommodate 5 with no problem, but as the pp said, I would also want my own room. Good luck.

I would stay in two rooms at the CSR. The kids will see enough of each other at the pool, at meal times and at the parks. They don't know it now, but they will probably be happy to spend time away from their friend.

And you need time to decompress from all that togetherness.

How close are you to your friends? Close enough to share a room with them? The Poly would be an awesome choice for 3 boys... and the rooms are nice and large, but I think it all comes down to whether or not you will all "get along" sharing one room. For me, as much as I would want to pick the Poly, I'd lean towards having my own room and some privacy...

I looove the Poly, but I would do two rooms. This gives everyone some down time and sleep for the long, yet exciting days.

Option 2 Ask for connecting and you and friend can each have a bed and the boys can share if they will sleep.

Thank you! I am going to go ahead and book CSR and hope we can get connecting rooms or at least rooms close to each other. I figure by booking the new business class rooms in 9B at least we will be in the same building and it will be great to just run to the lounge for a quick breakfast in the morning. My friend had said she wanted to stay in one room, but I think as a newbie she just assumed it would be less money...she has no clue that two rooms in a moderate or value are sometimes cheaper than one room in a deluxe.

CSR, for the extra space, 1 more bath maybe get joining rooms and kids in one, you and your friend in the other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter