• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Poly or CR help me decide!

ashnjam

Howell, Michigan
After our process of elimination we are down to 2 resorts to pick from the Poly or CR. We want TPV with concierge does anyone that stayed at both have any input for me. We are leaning toward the Poly because of it's theming but still can't decide. We will be going the first week of Feb 2015 Thank you.

After our process of elimination we are down to 2 resorts to pick from the Poly or CR. We want TPV with concierge does anyone that stayed at both have any input for me. We are leaning toward the Poly because of it's theming but still can't decide. We will be going the first week of Feb 2015 Thank you.

Normally, I would lean toward the Poly for the same reason (theming) but keep in mind that there is likely going to be a lot of construction there in February of 2015 (potentially, the GCH, the Volcano Pool, and just generally the entire heart of the resort between the GCH and the beach).

On the other hand, due to the construction, the discounts at the Poly are likely to be better than at the CR (while the Poly construction is going on, it tends to push guests to the other two monorail resorts, meaning Disney does not need to discount those as much).

Under the circumstances, I'd probably go with the CR (unless you're relying on a decent discount).

If you think that one day you will be able to stay at both, then I'd go with the best price. Hopefully first week of Feb next year will have room and tix offer so you'll get a discount at either. Garden rooms at CR and standard rooms at Poly go quickly when there's discounts.

With work going on now at Poly pool, I wouldn't worry about it13 months from now. But if you pick Poly, just keep on top of its DVC construction.

Normally, I would lean toward the Poly for the same reason (theming) but keep in mind that there is likely going to be a lot of construction there in February of 2015 (potentially, the GCH, the Volcano Pool, and just generally the entire heart of the resort between the GCH and the beach).

On the other hand, due to the construction, the discounts at the Poly are likely to be better than at the CR (while the Poly construction is going on, it tends to push guests to the other two monorail resorts, meaning Disney does not need to discount those as much).

Under the circumstances, I'd probably go with the CR (unless you're relying on a decent discount).

Oh wow i didn't realize the construction was going to spill over to 2015. I guess i should have did some more research on that thank you.

If you think that one day you will be able to stay at both, then I'd go with the best price. Hopefully first week of Feb next year will have room and tix offer so you'll get a discount at either. Garden rooms at CR and standard rooms at Poly go quickly when there's discounts.

With work going on now at Poly pool, I wouldn't worry about it13 months from now. But if you pick Poly, just keep on top of its DVC construction.

Not sure if we will be back anytime soon as we consider Disneyland our home park and like to visit there each year. After staying at the DLR hotels which scream disney we are looking for something like that, which I know is hard at WDW. Thank you for the response!

Oh wow i didn't realize the construction was going to spill over to 2015. I guess i should have did some more research on that thank you.

The best place to find up to date information on the Poly is Tikiman's FB page.

The last I checked, the main pool isn't supposed to go down for refurb until early May 2014 but when it does go down, it could be from 8 months to a year. So it's entirely possible that the pool will be out of commission in February of 2015 (especially given Disney's tendency to change/delay construction projects).

I would also expect some sort of work to be going on at the GCH at that time but I have no idea what that may be (I understand they plan to refurb the entire GCH in stages, including removing the water feature and refurbing the restaurants).

Not trying to scare you about staying at the Poly (we have a reservation booked for late April/early May of 2014 and are gambling that the construction won't be too disruptive at that time), just passing on information to help with the decision making process.

The best place to find up to date information on the Poly is Tikiman's FB page.

The last I checked, the main pool isn't supposed to go down for refurb until early May 2014 but when it does go down, it could be from 8 months to a year. So it's entirely possible that the pool will be out of commission in February of 2015 (especially given Disney's tendency to change/delay construction projects).

I would also expect some sort of work to be going on at the GCH at that time but I have no idea what that may be (I understand they plan to refurb the entire GCH in stages, including removing the water feature and refurbing the restaurants).

Not trying to scare you about staying at the Poly (we have a reservation booked for late April/early May of 2014 and are gambling that the construction won't be too disruptive at that time), just passing on information to help with the decision making process.

This is great info i appreciate it greatly!

So is the concierge lounge inside the GCH? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter