Poly or Comtemp.??

danielle916

ToniAnn, Paul, Nicole and Joseph's mom
Poly or Contemp??

that is now the new question, although i wouldn't mind staying in the Poly, the Contemp. is sounding more fiesable (sp?) being that you can walk to MK....

Can anyone tell me different, pro's con's.........poly vs. contemp.??

thank you!

i have to call AAA by 4pm today so i need to make a decision fast....thanks:goodvibes

The Polynesian has a way cooler vibe and is a lot prettier in my opinion. We love the way it looks so much we took a lot of our wedding photos there. You also can take the boat or monorail from Polynesian so it is definitely more convenient than other hotels. Contemporary is easy to get to from MK, but I personally would rather have the ambience of the Poly.

The Polynesian has a way cooler vibe and is a lot prettier in my opinion. We love the way it looks so much we took a lot of our wedding photos there. You also can take the boat or monorail from Polynesian so it is definitely more convenient than other hotels. Contemporary is easy to get to from MK, but I personally would rather have the ambience of the Poly.

i think thats the way my husband feels to....
thanks for your input!

No problem! It is completely personal and I definitely see how some people would love to go to the Contemporary since it is a bit closer to MK. I just personally think it is kind of bland. haha, good luck on planning your trip, I am envious of whichever hotel you pick, they are both great!

We stayed at the Poly repeatedly when I was a kid. We tried the Contemporary once, and nobody in the family liked it. I remember my mother trying to get us a room at the Poly after 2 days at the Contemporary, but it was April and with so many kids on school vacation, the Poly was booked solid.

Like the other poster said, the Poly just has a really cool vibe - the atmosphere and landscaping are so relaxed and laid back. The Contemporary is totally off my radar - it's just not even a place I'd consider.

I love, love, love the Poly! I would stay there in a heartbeat. That being said, I have never stayed at the Contemporary. We're staying there next week, though, and I am looking forward to a new experience. We have a 15 m.o., and I know we'll spend a ton of time at the MK.

Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

The Poly, hands down. I have always been a fan of the Contemporary. It is nice, but not an "experience". When we stayed at the Polynesian last year, that was a lasting experience my family and I will not forget.

We've stayed at both resorts and love them both. I don't think you can go wrong with either. We tend to take the monorail to MK even when staying at the CR. We've walked a couple of times. It is close, but it's not as convenient as you would think.
Here's my pro/con list:

Contemporary
1. Pro - We love the size of the rooms and the decor.
2. Pro - Game room is great. Our kids really love getting the tickets and prizes.
3. Pro - Proximity to Chef Mickeys and Concourse.
4. Pro - Shops are better than in most of the hotels.
5. Pro - There is nothing like having a monorail run through the middle of your hotel.
6. Pro - Boat off dock to WL. We love to go to Whispering Canyon for a meal or two.
7. Con - Not real excited over the pools. I think it's because there are trees around and it always feels like there are leaves in the pool and on the pool deck. It just doesn't feel as clean as the other pools.

Poly
1. Pro - It just oozes atmosphere. We love the tiki torches lit at night and the beautiful vegetation everywhere.
2. Pro - The redecorated rooms are great.
3. Pro - Great quiet pool.
4. Pro - Music piped in from MK at night during the fireworks show out by the beach. It feels like you are there.
5. Pro - Proximity to O'Hana's.
6. Con - No hot tubs.

I would go w/ the Poly b/c it is right next to the TTC so you can walk there to catch the monorail to and from Epcot and the pool is great. The only reason I will be planning a trip to the contemporary is to stay in the tower w/ and MK view.

I've been to both but only to the CR for 3 nights. The CR rooms are really nice but they don't have much storage if you like to unpack. Walking to MK was great but I also LOVE Epcot and being able to walk to TTC from Poly makes me prefer the Poly for transportation. I love the atmosphere at the Poly too. I didn't use the pool at CR but the pool at the Poly is great too with the walk in entry.

Another poly lover! It was the first resort we ever stayed and loved it. Last time we even left the mk for a break and went over to the poly beach!

To me, the walking to the mk is a moot point, because you are only 2 monorail stops from poly to mk!!

I have stayed at both more than once and my favorite hands down is the Polynesian. The atmosphere just can't compare IMHO esp watching wishes from the beach. The volcano pool with the great slide and zero entry and the quiet pools is head and shoulders above the generic pool with the plain slide at the comtempory. Walking to the MK is nice but at the Poly you still have the monorial and the boat to MK and the walk to the TTC for Epcot access without switching monorials.

Many of the amenities are similar but for me I get that "real on vacation relaxing" feeling from the Polynesian that I just don't get at the CR.

You can't go wrong either way so have fun choosing,
TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter