• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly or Beach Club?

jenrose66

DIS Veteran
We are taking our first "deluxe" family vacation this summer! My choices are The Poly or Beach Club. I'm leaning towards Beach Club because of proximity to Epcot and being able to walk to DHS but the Poly seems so pretty. What are your opinions!

We are taking our first "deluxe" family vacation this summer! My choices are The Poly or Beach Club. I'm leaning towards Beach Club because of proximity to Epcot and being able to walk to DHS but the Poly seems so pretty. What are your opinions!

Tough choice. Poly would be my choice for you because the rooms are bigger, I think the food court is better, Electrical Water Pagent from the beach. monorail to MK, Walk to TTC to catch Monorail to Epcot.

That being said my choice for my next stay is BC we have not stayed at the BC and have stayed at Poly. my goal is to stay at all the resorts :rotfl:

Kae

Poly is our #1 favorite, however, with the construction going on I would stay at BC. BC is nice and the short distance to Epcot is great. There are also lots of food options close by (BW, Swan, Dolphin, YC, etc.).

Tough choice. Poly would be my choice for you because the rooms are bigger, I think the food court is better, Electrical Water Pagent from the beach. monorail to MK, Walk to TTC to catch Monorail to Epcot.

That being said my choice for my next stay is BC we have not stayed at the BC and have stayed at Poly. my goal is to stay at all the resorts :rotfl:
Kae

Thank you! I am concerned about room sizes. We are a family of 5 and when we went last time we stayed in a Cars Suite at AoA, which was great. However, DH and I stayed at the Yacht Club for a few nights last year because of a work conference and it was so nice to be at a Deluxe Resort.

I wasn't wowed by Storm Along Bay like I thought I would, but I know my kids would like the sand. Plus my son's favorite ride is the Star Wars ride so that made Beach Club tempting...but I think the Poly is calling my name...

Those are my two favorite resorts!

As much as I love the Poly for its MK views and monorail/TTC access, I would pick the BC for your trip due to the superior pool in the July heat and (hopefully) no construction-- certainly no construction that will compare to the Poly's!

The resort is just so well suited to summer (ice cream at Beaches & Cream is great!) and you will love the proximity to Epcot and DHS. The resort itself is just gorgeous too-- especially all lit up at night.

Have fun whatever you decide. They are both awesome resorts! :thumbsup2

ETA: Didn't see your last post before posting. Given that Stormalong Bay doesn't impress you much, being a family of five, and the fact that the Poly is calling to you, I might book that. The rooms at Poly are significantly larger, but do be aware that you might have to shuttle to the GF for pool access (although the quiet pool will likely be open at Poly) and the construction might be in the GCH by that point. Only you can assess how important those factors are to you in your decision. It might be smart to make ressies at both resorts and then cancel one of them closer to your trip once you have a better sense of what the construction status is at the Poly.

The Poly pool is slated to go down in March for potentially up to 7-8 months! In the summertime, a pool is essential. I would go for BC. :goodvibes

The Poly pool is slated to go down in March for potentially up to 7-8 months! In the summertime, a pool is essential. I would go for BC. :goodvibes

Has a Disney officially announced anything? Rumors are flying but seems nothing has been confirmed.

I am in love with BC! The walk to Epcot is so easy and quick! The pool is fun for kids! Plus, I wouldn't want to be around all the construction at the Poly right now.

Has a Disney officially announced anything? Rumors are flying but seems nothing has been confirmed.

Disney never really announces anything, but you can already see that everything is in full swing.

Plus, people who have reservations from April to August have been sent letters that they will have to use the GF pool. I think that says it all.

Thank you! I am concerned about room sizes. We are a family of 5 and when we went last time we stayed in a Cars Suite at AoA, which was great. However, DH and I stayed at the Yacht Club for a few nights last year because of a work conference and it was so nice to be at a Deluxe Resort.

I wasn't wowed by Storm Along Bay like I thought I would, but I know my kids would like the sand. Plus my son's favorite ride is the Star Wars ride so that made Beach Club tempting...but I think the Poly is calling my name...

We've stayed at both and although we had a nice stay at the BC, the Poly is our favorite. The Poly rooms are MUCH larger than the rooms at the BC and all rooms come with a daybed, which would only be a request at the BC. Families of 5 are usually given preference for those rooms, but sometimes they are not available. We feel the same about SAB and although we did think it was a nice pool, we weren't wowed by it either. With that said, construction at the Poly wouldn't bother me, but the possibility of the pool being closed would be a deal breaker for us (we love the volcano pool at the Poly more than SAB at the BC). If the construction/possible pool closure would be a problem, then I'd go with another resort. Have you considered the GF? The rooms at the GF are comparable in size to the Poly, the pool is nice, and Gasparillas is good for quick CS meals. One of the things we don't like about the BC is the limited CS options. The Marketplace is located at the back of the BC gift shop and offers grab-n-go items, but doesn't have the variety like that of the other deluxe resorts (IMO). Good luck.

For your first family deluxe stay, I'd steer clear of Poly since the main pool looks like it will be out of commission this summer. I do think the BC is a great fit for you guys. I don't need to tell you all the perks since you had a recent stay at YC;).

Wow, I didn't realize the pool might be closed. I haven't been following the construction going on at the Poly all that close because I didn't think staying there would be an option for us. Maybe I should look into GF.

Of these 2 options, the BC is the best choice during Poly construction. Gf is nice, but poolmay be busy with Poly guests as well as GF guests. CR is convenient, but not pretty. WL is pretty, but has small rooms and isn't on the monorail. It does have boat access to the MK though.

BWI is also very nice and if you weren't wowed by SB, perhaps you would like the BWI pool better. BWI is prettier than BC, IMO.

With the Poly out due to construction, the choice is harder! We faced a similar dilemma with our first trip with grandchildren. We opted for a split stay between the CR and the YC.

Wow, I didn't realize the pool might be closed. I haven't been following the construction going on at the Poly all that close because I didn't think staying there would be an option for us. Maybe I should look into GF.

I think the GF is a great alternative :goodvibes.

It depends on your travel dates. I was just on the main Disney site and it said the main pool will be closed from 9th to 20th September 2013. I have no idea how long the construction will take or how bad it will be though.

I have stayed in both resorts with small children. For a family of five I would normally choose the Poly for the additional room space but I think I would be swayed by the construction too.

Both are lovely resorts and I don't think you will be disappointed in either. The only major disadvantage that I found at the Beach Club was if you were trying to leave Epcot from Future World at park closing. It is a long walk from there back to the hotel. We wound up having to get a taxi.

We booked the Poly for April and have not received anything about the pool being closed.

We are going from April 1-8. We did receive a letter stating that construction would be going on during our visit, but the pools (plural), dining and stores will all be available for our use. I hope this info is correct because I will be very unhappy if we are stuck with just the quiet pool at the Poly.

I'd stay at BC. The Poly is lovely, true, but walking to two parks trumps monorailing to them, if you ask me. The monorails have problems often, and I like to KNOW I'm getting where I'm going vs going to the monorail only to find out that it's down and you now have to bus to a park you can see from the resort!

At BC, you can enjoy the pool or walk over and enjoy the boardwalk area. You can walk into the back of Epcot to grab a quick snack in France, or you can walk or boat it over to DHS. There's also a Hess station not too far from BWV, so you could run over and get some staples if you really wanted to.

I stayed at CR and LOVED it, but after staying at YC the CR was bumped to #2 on my list of favorites, simply for location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter