Poly or BC/YC???

mousegear

DIS Veteran
I've finally convinced my parents to visit DW so they'll be experiencing Disney Magic with us. :lovestruc We are planning to go with for Sept. 2012. I know it's a long way but we are going this Sept 2011 and hoping for some kind of Room discount or Free Dining bounce back offer. We have DS who will be 8 for that trip and he's a strong swimmer. I've narrowed down to those resorts b/c of convenience to parks and we'll taking afternoon breaks for swim and nap. I can't decide....:rotfl: So which one would you choose and why?

I've finally convinced my parents to visit DW so they'll be experiencing Disney Magic with us. :lovestruc We are planning to go with for Sept. 2012. I know it's a long way but we are going this Sept 2011 and hoping for some kind of Room discount or Free Dining bounce back offer. We have DS who will be 8 for that trip and he's a strong swimmer. I've narrowed down to those resorts b/c of convenience to parks and we'll taking afternoon breaks for swim and nap. I can't decide....:rotfl: So which one would you choose and why?

I have always wanted to stay at the Poly, so thats my vote.

My vote is for the Poly :). We've stayed at the BC and while that is a great resort, we just LOVE everything about the Poly :goodvibes. The rooms are larger, Captain Cooks is great for quick CS meals (BC has no quick service like that), the beach is great for watching the fireworks, and the volcano pool is great with a dead on view of the castle while swimming :wizard:. They are both great resorts and you really can't go wrong with either one, but our favorite is the Poly ;).

We've stayed at BC, YC, the Polynesian and the GF.

Our votes in order of preference are:

1. BC
2. YC
3. Poly
4. GF

To tell you the truth though you can't go wrong with any of these resorts.

Look at the pictures and see if only just a feels like a better fit for your family.

Have fun!

Also, we are thinking of getting AP for ourselves (me and DS).... since we are returing to DW within 12months time period. Can everyone get Dining Plan although two of us have AP and rest (DH and my parents) have to get the tickets?
After over 10 visits, I've never returned to DW within 12 months period so very new and no knowledge with AP....

Also, we are thinking of getting AP for ourselves (me and DS).... since we are returing to DW within 12months time period. Can everyone get Dining Plan although two of us have AP and rest (DH and my parents) have to get the tickets?
After over 10 visits, I've never returned to DW within 12 months period so very new and no knowledge with AP....

get your package on the passholder package and you all can get dining and a great discount, then when you get there buy the extra tickets... best way to go

but to get back on topic it really depends on what you like more. The BC/YC have by far the best pool at disney period. and it is very convenient with walking access to epcot, and boat passage to hollywood studios. the poly is on the monorail which is great after a full day of walking in the parks, and have amazing atmosphere, as well as the beach that was talked about earlier. I was there a few weeks ago, and watched the fireworks on the beach, and them they showed toy story 3 right there on the beach with a projector and a screen... very fun kids loved it.

If you plan to spend more time at the Magic Kingdom go with the Polynesian. However if you plan to spend more time at Epcot and Hollywood Studios then the Yacht Club or Beach Club would be great.

If you spend lots of time in MK - poly
If you spend lots of time in Epcot/DHS - BC
I know that.... our family tend to spend about equal time in both MK and Epcot and it's always tough for me to choose Monorail Resort vs Epcot Resorts. Life comes with hard choices. :lmao:

They are both great and that's what makes hard to choose. :rolleyes1

Well if it counts for anything the Polynesian offers a walkway to the TTC which has a monorail to Epcot. We love to use the walkway because of its convenience. I really enjoy staying at the Polynesian and we too spend ample time in the parks. I'd choose Polynesian because I like the theme of the resort, it's a great value and ever since our first stay at the Polynesian we have not been able to stay anywhere else. Its a resort that makes you feel like you are actually on a vacation because of the landscaping and the theme.

Wherever you stay, have a magical vacation!!!

Everyone has their own preference - For us, it's a no-brainer. We love BC/YC! Since you'd be going with your parents I would choose YC, since it's quieter and more adult-like from our experience. It's really nice to be able to walk to Epcot for a bite to eat, or to walk around the boardwalk area at night.

Our favorite resort is the BC. It's locations is close to Epcot, DHS, and alot closer to DTD than the Poly. Also, we don't like the separate buildings at the Poly. For the cost, it seems like the BC is a much more upscale resort than the Poly. To me, the Poly is like a throwback resort from the 70's which I guess is the charm.

We prefer the PR for its location and theme, but if you are going to have a part of your day focused on swimming we prefer the BC. The BC/YC ensures the pool is only being used by resort guest. Disney management fails to completely address the known pool hopping issue at the PR, which in essence originates out of its location and ommission of management to respond to guest complaints.

We have never stayed at BC or YC, but we loved the Poly with little kids. You can't beat the monorail for transportation to MK. We also like the access to all the dining options. There is a good QS counter with higher end options like Ohana (which we love as a family) and Kona. Plus California Grill and others are only a quick monorail hop.

After some serious thoughts and debate, I'm leaning towards YC/BC since they do have more "adult" like atmosphere which I think my parents (mid 60s) would appreciate. We do spend about equal time in MK and Epcot normally. However, I have a feeling that my parents might like Epcot the best.
Since we are going first week of Sept, afternoon break is must. I don't think anyone in my family could survive the afternoon heat. Stormalong will be great for DS since we do not plan to go to the water parks this trip.
Thank you everyone for great advices. My first choice (with some type of discount) will be YC/BC if not Poly. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter