Poly - Ne Bar Question

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi. Ill be at the PVs solo one nigjt on September 10 before meeting my mom at the GFVs the next day.

I would love to try the new Trader Sams bar but wondering if it would lookfunny a 48 year old woman going alone to the bar. At home I would never do it but go wihh girlfriends and my dh wouldnt want me to go to a bar at home on my own either but is it different on vacation at Disney?

Hope so lol

Thanks

Hi. Ill be at the PVs solo one nigjt on September 10 before meeting my mom at the GFVs the next day.

I would love to try the new Trader Sams bar but wondering if it would lookfunny a 48 year old woman going alone to the bar. At home I would never do it but go wihh girlfriends and my dh wouldnt want me to go to a bar at home on my own either but is it different on vacation at Disney?

Hope so lol

Thanks

Yes, do it. It is an experience not just a bar.

hey I am much older - but it was closed on my visit. believe if it was open - would have walked in

Ok thank you! So sitting at the bar would be okay? Going to do it. Thank you dis friends!!

Guess I didnt need my arm twisted lol

Hope so lol

Thanks

You should go and enjoy yourself. Let us know how you like it!

We were just at WDW and it took us a couple of visits to get into Trader Sam's. There will be no problem for you to go there by yourself. It really is great if those at the bar interact with the bar staff. It is often really silly fun. It is not a quiet place, but a very active and sometimes loud place. Also even for guests going to the bar as a couple or group, they will not guarantee seats together or by yourself at a table. You just share them with people already sitting at that table, so some guests just moved chairs to other tables. We had three young Japanese women than got carded sit down with us after we had been there 20 minutes. We did a lot of hand signals and short sentences to communicate. I was jealous of their ability to eat appetizers with chopsticks. I glad we tried it, but for us in the future, I think we will stick with the Trader Sam's terrace and enjoy the live music and view of the pool.

Wear you wedding ring - have some fun watching people - and be confident in yourself.
You are on vacation and are entitled to have a wonderful time. ;)

I would be surprised if you don't meet some nice people to share a drink with you. At WDW we all have something in common that we can talk about. Our love of all things Disney! Enjoy yourself.

To give you an idea, I went into Trader Sam's alone on my recent trip. I am a 46 year old male, sat at a large table in the middle of the room, and shortly after had 3 women much younger sit next to me (looked early 20's). We all had a lot of fun watching the effects in the bar and chatting, with no expectation of like a date or anything. Was not a meat market type of atmosphere. They make a big to-do about bringing each person's drink out, and everybody oohs and aahs and asks what it tastes like- the girls even got me to try their drink. It was a fun and laid back atmosphere, and I'm even a shy person who typically doesn't do well at bars.

DW and I are planning a PV stay in October. This is the first I've heard about Trader Sam's, though I think I saw a headline recently. Has the experience turned into a sort of Adventurer's Club?

Kungaloosh!

Colby

Well there isn't a stage show per se like Adventurer's Club, but the staff does make a little fuss over each drink being brought out, like for instance with the Nautilus drink, all of the staff will put on things like swim goggles and floaties and act like they're swimming around the room before presenting the person with the Nautilus. And then there are special effects that happen in the room every so often, sort of like in the Tiki Room attraction. Like it will look like a thunderstorm is taking place for a minute, and another minute you'll see the volcano erupting in the window.

Well there isn't a stage show per se like Adventurer's Club, but the staff does make a little fuss over each drink being brought out, like for instance with the Nautilus drink, all of the staff will put on things like swim goggles and floaties and act like they're swimming around the room before presenting the person with the Nautilus. And then there are special effects that happen in the room every so often, sort of like in the Tiki Room attraction. Like it will look like a thunderstorm is taking place for a minute, and another minute you'll see the volcano erupting in the window.
Sorry for the late Thank you!!

I went there alone. But I ran into people I knew.

Adventurers Club it ain't, but it's a good place to have a drink and see what they do when the specialty drinks get ordered.

Thanks so much. I will be going alone but wont tell my dh lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter