Poly Longhouse - Rarotonga Question

dizziefan

Earning My Ears
Can anyone weigh in about whether this would be a decent longhouse to request? We were trying to avoid a longhouse that was too close to possible luau noise, but now I wonder if when we go in the Fall we will be near construction noise instead? One of the reasons I thought Rarotonga might be a good choice for us was due to its proximity to the GCH (we decided to pack half as many clothes this trip and do laundry instead, so wanted to be close to the laundry room), but I know that's where a lot of the construction will be (although I'm assuming not at night, which is really the only noise I'm concerned about! We will be up pretty early every day, so it's ok if there's some early AM noise.)

Also, we requested a ground floor room, as we liked the no-balcony idea, as we have a toddler...from the photos I've seen, there is a little patio instead? I'm wondering if all the rooms in Rarotonga have that on the ground floor....seems very easy to just be able to push the stroller right out the patio doors on our way out each day!

Any other pros/cons we should consider? TIA!

We have stayed in this longhouse before and loved it. We also always request ground level; love being able to just walk right out or sit outside and having our coffee in the morning. We will be at the Poly in September and have requested this longhouse again. Our other favorite was the Somao building.

I can't comment on how the construction is affecting Rarotonga but I can tell you, we love Rarotonga! It's close to GCH, the quiet pool and the TTC path. All ground floor rooms will have patios, but you can't lock them from the outside. We stayed ground floor at another longhouse and I would stroll my son out, my DH would lock the door and then meet us. It wasn't ideal but we made it work!

I can't comment on how the construction is affecting Rarotonga but I can tell you, we love Rarotonga! It's close to GCH, the quiet pool and the TTC path. All ground floor rooms will have patios, but you can't lock them from the outside. We stayed ground floor at another longhouse and I would stroll my son out, my DH would lock the door and then meet us. It wasn't ideal but we made it work!

That's exactly what I was imagining we'd need to do for our "escape plan" each morning...make the hubby walk :lmao:

Glad to hear the positive responses so far, thank you!

Hmmm, I'm wondering about the TTC path - I've heard some of it has been closed/re-routed and it's longer from certain longhouses now, so I was wondering if the TTC path convenience would be affected when we're there in a few months if we stayed in Rarotonga. Not that it would be a deal breaker, but if it's still very convenient from there, I'd probably just stop overthinking all of this and stay positive and hopeful that we get the request we put in for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter