Poly Hot Tub?

No hot tub at Polynesian--not sure why, but there never has been. . . We don't use hot tubs since we typically visit in the summer and the entire pool is one giant hot tub. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't use them in the winter either--just not our thing I guess.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR said:
Is there a hot tub at the Poly? If not, why not?
Sorry, no. The pools are very warm, however, not that it beats a hot tub. It is relaxing, though.

I've heard that there is a spot where you can sit and has jets :fish: , it's just attached to the pool and the pool is heated. :cloud9:

Thanks to all for the replies. I think that having no hot tub will be the deciding factor for us. My husband really enjoys ending a day at the park with a hot tub visit each night. We might go back to WL now.

Thanks again.

The Poly is the only resort without a hot tub. Not sure why it was not incorporated into the design when they designed the Volcano pool back in 2000. All of the other Deluxe resorts and well as the moderates (not sure about CBR) do have hot tubs, so if that is a deciding factor, at least you still have quite a few resorts from which to choose. My vote would either go to Yacht or Beach Club or AKL.

Have a great time, and enjoy your soak in the hot tub!

CBR does have a hot tub. The Polynesian and the value resorts do not.

As was mentioned, they did build some jets into one end of the volcano pool.

Perhaps you could reconsider the Poly and DH would be happy with visiting the health club for his nightly hot tub. It's conveniently located between the GF and the Poly and there is no charge for either of these resort guests. It's open from 6am-9pm every night. My DH is a spa/health club snob and he thinks it's one of the best he's ever been too. They have seperate area's for men & women, complete with their own lounge, steam room, sauna, hot tub, showers and changing area.

Tammi

Tammi: The health spa is a great solution; however, it closes at 9:00 p.m. He usually does the hot tub thing after 9:00 p.m. I am just surprised they did not put a hot tub in when they re-did the pool.

We stayed at the Poly last year and I was SO disappointed that there were no hot tubs. I'm one of those that does the hot tub routine early every morning (with my coffee, thank you) before we hit the parks and then again at night. We enjoyed the ones at the WL so much, it was hard to get out of them. :D

For our upcoming trip in March, myself and my three (adult) daughters will be staying at the YC. It has EVERYTHING we want walking distance to Epcot and MGM. Crawling distance to Jellyrolls :cool1: and 2 hot tubs tucked away near the quiet pool.

If I had to choose between the Poly and WL...it would be WL no question. Yes, the lack of hot tubs would be the deciding factor. Particularly since the hot tubs at WL are so wonderful. Right there by the lake, looking back towards the Lodge. Ahhhhhh......wish I was there right now.

Go with any resort except for the Polynesian, that resort does everything on the cheap, and that is why there is no hot tub there. It is hands down the worst resort at Disney, you will be very disapointed comparing the WL to the Polynesian.

Kelly Nelly said:
Go with any resort except for the Polynesian, that resort does everything on the cheap, and that is why there is no hot tub there. It is hands down the worst resort at Disney, you will be very disapointed comparing the WL to the Polynesian.

I just stayed at the Polynesian and I loved it, nothing seemed cheap about it to me. I'm sure the volcano slide wasn't real cheap to build. A hot tub isn't important to everyone- the Polynesian has a lot of things that the WL doesn't have. Polynesian has better transportation and the rooms are larger. The rooms at the WL are small for a deluxe- the same size as CBR. Just goes to show that what one person considers the worst resort, others consider the best resort. -Stephanie

No hot tub, and no playground are my real only complants about Poly. I think it is a great resort. I don't understand why they can't or wouldn't want to add them (or have them to start with.)

But I would agree, Y&B are my favorite. There are 3 hot tubs at SAB, and one at each quiet pool (for 6 total.) But then again we are DVC so we love BCV (we will be there in 9 weeks!)

Yes.....we were really disappointed they didn't have one. Especially when you have sore swollen feet/legs from walking around all day. It would have been a very welcomed site! :cool1:

Kelly Nelly said:

I think you are going to have quite a few people on these boards that will disagree with your assessment. We also just stayed at the Poly, and thought we had died and gone to heaven--- very relaxing, the staff was very accomodating, the restaurant meals were wonderful, and pool was out of this world. Did we miss the hot tub... no, because there is just something about a bunch of people all steaming in each others'
juices....eeeeewwwww! :scared: Yes, we have stayed at WL, and thought the theming was wonderful, the lobby beautiful and the swimming pool terrific, we were not impressed with the rooms. Too dark and way too small. My husband kept busting his shin on the bedpost because the furniture just was too big for the room. :sad2:

Too each his own, I guess.

eeyore0062 said:
I think you are going to have quite a few people on these boards that will disagree with your assessment. We also just stayed at the Poly, and thought we had died and gone to heaven--- very relaxing, the staff was very accomodating, the restaurant meals were wonderful, and pool was out of this world. Did we miss the hot tub... no, because there is just something about a bunch of people all steaming in each others'
juices....eeeeewwwww! :scared: Yes, we have stayed at WL, and thought the theming was wonderful, the lobby beautiful and the swimming pool terrific, we were not impressed with the rooms. Too dark and way too small. My husband kept busting his shin on the bedpost because the furniture just was too big for the room. :sad2:

Too each his own, I guess.
Some posters use every opportunity they can to dis the Poly. Personally I think it beats all the resorts WDW has to offer. Especially the WL. I guess that's a good thing though. The less folks that stay at the Poly, the better chance I get my room requests! LOL!

"The less folks that stay at the Poly, the better chance I get my room requests! LOL!"

That's a good way to look at it. I can't wait to go again! I think next time we are going to try the Beach Club. It will be for our DD, and she is DYING to go to Stormalong Bay. I will save the Poly for when it is just my husband and me!

POLY -lovers, UNITE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter