Poly for a Week or AK/Poly Split?

jsantini

Disney Vet
We are headed to the World as a group of 4 adults, 1 toddler, and 1 preschooler in late January. We are renting DVC points and staying in 2 studios. Hoping to get Poly for part or all of the stay, but I'm debating about splitting the stay with 4 nights at Poly and 3 nights at AKV or trying for the whole stay at Poly. If Poly is not available, I've also thought of doing a BLT/BC split, but that's basically a backup plan.

On one hand, the Poly is most convenient for us with two kids in strollers. The monorail and walking distance to TTC makes it very easy for different people in the group to come and go also.

On the other hand, I think AKV would offer a more relaxing atmosphere at the end of the trip and it seems there are many fun things to do for the preschooler, especially watching animals off the balcony of the room.

The accommodations will be a surprise for the group, so I'm bouncing ideas here since I can't do it with my traveling party :) What would you choose (assuming what I want is actually available at the 7 month mark for renting points as I do believe we will wait that long instead of paying points premium for the Poly).

I am not a fan of split stays for a 7 night trip. In my 6+ DVC stays it has almost always been close to check in time before the room is ready. I wouldn't want to be "homeless" with 2 little ones or even just have to pack up an extra time.

I really enjoy AKV but have had a car when staying there. I think you would want to stick with Jambo House if you stayed there so you would have easy access to more dining.

I really like BLT but the studios are tiny there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter