Poly first sales to current DVC owners?

fromscratchmom

DIS Veteran
Hello, all. I've read the speculation that the first sales offered for Poly points will likely be offered to those who already own DVC points at other resorts. Would that be to all current owners or to a subset such as only to those who bought new as opposed to resale? How far in advance for they open sails to the general public? Anyone care to speculate, may be based on previous resort openings?

I believe when Grand Floridian started sales they were opened to all current DVC owners. It did not matter how the buyers bought. Of course if you bought new from DVC you may have more of a relationship with your guide and could let them know ahead of time you want to buy Poly, even if you bought resale though you have a guide assigned and can let them know that you want to buy and they can get things set up to allow you to buy asap.

When they started sales at VGF it was to existing members and the price was $145pp with no incentives. When they finally started selling to the general public the price was raised to $150 or $155 and is currently $165pp with a 100 point minimum and no incentives. So I guess it pays to buy early.

I'm guessing that they start the Poly at $155 per point with no incentives to owners.

AKV, BLT and VGF, the last three WDW DVC resorts, were offerred for a short period only to members (including resale purchasers) before going on sale to all and members got a small discount ($5 at VGF and BLT) off the price that was then offerred (about a month later) to other purchasers. The "rumors" you have heard about Poly are member assumptions derived from that history and there has been no such rumor generated by Disney.

Speaking of poly opening. Is there any chance Disney could say resale owners cannot trade into there? Just getting ready to buy resale and want to make sure I don't shut myself out of anything.

Speaking of poly opening. Is there any chance Disney could say resale owners cannot trade into there? Just getting ready to buy resale and want to make sure I don't shut myself out of anything.

Highly unlikely. The documents that cover members provide that Disney is not required to add any new resort to the DVC system, but if it does it will be subject to the same reservation rules that exist for the prior resorts except for those created to protect purchasers of the new resort at the time of first sale and opening (e.g. creating a short period at the beginning when only purchasers at the new resort can reserve to assure they have some priority for those intial periods). To separate Poly from the multi-site reservation rules would require Disney to create a new DVC system just for Poly and that would mean Poly members also could not trade into other existing DVC resorts.

Highly unlikely. The documents that cover members provide that Disney is not required to add any new resort to the DVC system, but if it does it will be subject to the same reservation rules that exist for the prior resorts except for those created to protect purchasers of the new resort at the time of first sale and opening (e.g. creating a short period at the beginning when only purchasers at the new resort can reserve to assure they have some priority for those intial periods). To separate Poly from the multi-site reservation rules would require Disney to create a new DVC system just for Poly and that would mean Poly members also could not trade into other existing DVC resorts.

Thank you. I feel better!

Disney/DVD/DVC is in business to make money, lots of it. The only reason to make a rule, put restrictions in place, create a separate "club" would be if it had a monetary benefit to their bottom line.

They will increase point prices, make changes to the resort/room design that costs more points, add water bungalows or other design elements that will cost more points, but I don't think that the want to start a new "club".

:earsboy: Bill

Unlikely but possible, even if they did it'd only be a short window and certainly not enough to shut you out unless you were looking at a fixed week option.

As to when sales will start, with the most recent information that part will be open by 3/1/15, if they stay true to form sales will start likely be November or close to it. with reservations beginning shortly there after with a month of home resort priority before it is opened to all DVC members for reservations

As VGF was a minimum point purchase of 100 points, will that likely be the same for Poly? Was that rule the same for current DVC members or were they allowed to purchase less?

As VGF was a minimum point purchase of 100 points, will that likely be the same for Poly? Was that rule the same for current DVC members or were they allowed to purchase less?

Existing members can purchase add-on contracts of 25 points or more at any resort.

The real question will be what the Poly point chart looks like. 25 points probably won't get you much at all.

I love it when a new resort comes into our system. Each one seems to get better and better.

I am so curious about the point chart.

I really don't think we would buy here, but I do want to stay at least once.

Kim

Existing members can purchase add-on contracts of 25 points or more at any resort.

The real question will be what the Poly point chart looks like. 25 points probably won't get you much at all.

1 night if we are lucky. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter