• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Fans: GVC or LV???

MamaToDavis

Mouseketeer
If you had to decide between GVC or LV(no concierge), which would you choose? I would love LVC but can't bring myself to spend that much $$$ since we've decided to stay 9 days.

DH and I honeymooned at GF (concierge) in 1997 and didn't really utilize it that much. Now that we will be bringing our almost 3 year old, I'm wondering if the concierge level will come in handy. Then again, being able to see the water parade from our room would be nice too.

Any advice from Poly pros??

TIA!

We have stayed in both, and I think the benefits you receive from concierge far outweigh that of the view. You can go down to the lounge and watch the water parade while sipping a drink and having dessert, or step out to the beach and enjoy it there. I also think having the lounge is a great help in the mornings with little ones...no waiting in a restaurant! Also it is so handy to have snacks and drinks in the afternoon. While watching the parade/fireworks from your room is nice, concierge (garden view) is much nicer! Have a great time. :)

I agree with the above poster.....go GVC!!!!

I am sure I am in the minority, but I would go for the view. We just got back from LVC. If I had to pick between GVC or LV I would go for LV. We have stayed at the Poly numerous times. It was our 1st time doing LVC. We LOVED the view. We watched the fireworks from bed. It was amazing. The concierge lounge was nice and all, but there is nothing like walking in your room and looking at the castle out your window. Good luck!! :)

If money is no object get the best you can get. The poly is expensive. I was just happy to be there(twice). But I went with garden view both times and loved it both times. Go with what you can/want to afford. :)
plain old gv.

GVC. It's an easy walk to the lounge or beach to watch the fireworks. We did love waatching from our bed one night, but the whole trip was better b/c of the Concierge experience!!

GVC. The Hawaii building is the best. Close to everything. The longe has a great view....

Doede95 said:
I am sure I am in the minority, but I would go for the view. We just got back from LVC. If I had to pick between GVC or LV I would go for LV. We have stayed at the Poly numerous times. It was our 1st time doing LVC. We LOVED the view. We watched the fireworks from bed. It was amazing. The concierge lounge was nice and all, but there is nothing like walking in your room and looking at the castle out your window. Good luck!! :)

I am with you. It is a tough decision but as much as I love the concierge I have to say I don't like to give up the view. That is one of the best parts about the Polynesian.

I made that decision for our June trip and decided on GVC. I really think the concierge lounge will be great for our family of 5. We can watch fireworks from there, have snacks, grab a quick breakfast and relax with a drink. They have board games for the kids and a large tv. My husband is a night owl and I'm an early riser so I look forward to us being able to utilize the lounge while others in the room are sleeping. I can head down there in the mornings and review our schedule and my husband can do some reading in the late evenings.

Thanks for the input, but the decision was made for me since AAA GVC is sold out for our dates! I booked the first 3 nights at AKL concierge, and we'll enjoy the remaining 6 at Poly w/ a LV. I was told that I can continue to check back and see if GVC opens up, but if it doesn't I'll still be very happy with a LV.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter