Poly Experts

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone

We are booked at the Poly for October. This will be our 3rd stay there. The past two visits I have requested and received Raratonga. I like the proximity to the main house and quiet pool. This trip I'd like to try something different though, and I am looking for suggestions.

I've seen some ground level patio pictures that seem pretty nice. I would still like to be some what close to the main house, but it would be nice or our four year old son to have some space to run around and play while we sit out and sip our coffee. The pics I saw almost have a "backyardy feel".

Im looking forward to hearing your suggestions so I can put in our request. :thumbsup2

I loved being on the first floor at the Poly! We were in the Hawaii building so we were able to walk right off our patio and onto the beach. It was wonderful! Next time we visit, we will request ground floor again.

We stayed in Tokelau (I think that's the correct spelling) and thought it was convenient to everything: right next to the quiet pool, short walk to the main building, the Volcano pool, and the TTC. We were on an upper floor in a garden view room and had a lovely, lush view.

The Hawaii building is club level so you can't stay there unless you booked club level (or receive a pixie dust upgrade).

We loved our 1st floor Niue room, facing the Volcano pool. Steps away from GCH and the pools.

The patios are huge and nicely landscaped. Enough not to feel like people are staring at you when you are sitting on your patio, but still have access to walk out.

Niue is a very small building, super close to everything. I would request it again for sure.

I'm no Poly expert (our first stay will be in about 3 months).

We booked garden view and want to be relatively close to the GCH & laundry, while not being too far from the TTC. We'd also like a balcony.

We narrowed our longhouse preferences down to Tokelou, Samoa, and Rarotonga.

In the end, we decided not to request a specific longhouse but, instead, requested, "3rd floor in a longhouse close to the quiet pool".

We'll see how it goes.

We've stayed in both Samoa, and Fiji and ejoyed them both very much. We did request Samoa both stays and got it once. They are both in ideal locations in closeness to GCH. Samoa was the best being poolside of the volcano pool third floor with balcony.

I'm no Poly expert (our first stay will be in about 3 months).

We booked garden view and want to be relatively close to the GCH & laundry, while not being too far from the TTC. We'd also like a balcony.

We narrowed our longhouse preferences down to Tokelou, Samoa, and Rarotonga.

In the end, we decided not to request a specific longhouse but, instead, requested, "3rd floor in a longhouse close to the quiet pool".

We'll see how it goes.

Sounds like a good request, you'll be close to the bus stop, GCH and quiet pool with those longhouses. We were not disappointed our our garden view. There are lots of places to watch Wishes (beach, GCH or pool) Check out the tikiman's website for great maps and all things Poly. :worship:

We had a first floor room in Samoa and loved it. It was very convenient to everything as it was just steps from the GCH, volcano/quiet pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks. We are trying CL in July 2013, otherwise we would request Samoa again as it's in the perfect location, IMO :goodvibes.

The buildings with the biggest open areas for running around would be the east side of Tokelau which of the lot would be the sunniest in the morning, north side of Aotearoa, and west side of Fiji.

For Tokelau, you would have to request east side ground floor because the west side has less space before the path. It's next to the quiet pool and the north end is adjacent to the main beach. Convenient to TTC as well and the biggest rooms on property, 476 sq ft as compared to Rarotonga's 415 sq ft.

Aotearoa north side faces the lagoon with a big lawn in front and Fiji faces the same lawn and beach areas. One drawback with a little one might be the show noise from Luau Cove. It can be loud during some parts of the performance.

Regardless of choice, request ground floor on the correct side. I would suggest Tokelau for the larger size room, it does make a difference.

We always ask for Tahiti Longhouse (GV though). It's close to the TTC and right by the beach (easy to walk out to the beach to see the fireworks). It also has the larger rooms and all rooms have a balcony, except the 1st floor has patios.

we stayed at Napa Rui... it was a very quiet location. It was close to the TTC. it was closer to a smaller pool rather than the volcano pool.

We really liked the location.

Thanks you so much everyone! You have certainly given me many options. Now I can't decide!...:rotfl2:

Seriously though, I appreciate everyone's input. Feel free to keep'em coming!

Fiji is our favorite longhouse. We were on the 1st floor a couple months back and loved it! We usually request 3rd floor Fiji but didn't get it. We weren't sure if we would like the 1st floor, turns out we loved it! Anyway it's close to the GCH- a minute or less walk! I love that Marina View is considered Garden View; it's gorgeous in the morning!

Fiji is our favorite longhouse. We were on the 1st floor a couple months back and loved it! We usually request 3rd floor Fiji but didn't get it. We weren't sure if we would like the 1st floor, turns out we loved it! Anyway it's close to the GCH- a minute or less walk! I love that Marina View is considered Garden View; it's gorgeous in the morning!

Yup, this....

And Aotearoa.... nice areas for garden views, and I never thought it was noise at all.

This may be a silly question, but when do you make the longhouse request? When you do online check-in?

This may be a silly question, but when do you make the longhouse request? When you do online check-in?

Nope, make all your requests when you make your resort reservation. If you did not make your requests at the time of booking, call CRO and add the requests to your reservation as soon as possible.

Make your requests in order of importance. We asked for 1st floor, close to lobby and near main pool. We got lucky and got all three :) 1st floor Niue facing volcano pool.

If you want a balcony/patio, as some longhouses do not have balcony's on the 2nd floor. The newer longhouses, closer to the TTC have all three floors with balconies/patios. Check out the tikiman's website for room catagory longhouses and room maps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter