Poly experts - Condition of Rarotonga?

Cameo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in Rarotonga lately? I have heard conflicting reports of the condition of the rooms. Please relay any opinions of this building lately. Thanks!

We just got back 8/20. We didnt stay in Rarotonga but we were in Samoa and we cut through the rarotonga longhouse to avoid the rain and get some a/c. Let me tell you there was a very strong musty smell which we experienced in Niuie last year. That was just in the hall so I can only imagine what the rooms where like. It was a zoo just on the lst floor, housekeeping carts everywhere, guys moving mattresses, not to mention ouside the bldg. there are brown wooden barriers up in some places for the rehab. We did find samoa a little inconvenient in terms of getting to the new bus stop, not out the door in front of the GCH, its now to the way left side by the neverland club. Also there were alot of foreign visitors in that bldg and some took to the habit of hanging towels, bathing suits etc. over the balconies that we observed. The decision is yours but I would suggest you have a back up bldg just in case you are not happy there. I dont know when the full rehab is scheduled to start. I can say samoa had some great automatic opening doors and rarotonga did not. Our samoa room was overlooking the volcano pool and it was great. 1st floor.

Did you have a lot of noise at Samoa, being close to the pool or walkway to the pool? We have two little ones and will probably be in bed while some people are still enjoying the pool. Thanks!

Hi,
We were in Rarotonga Aug 1 - 7 on the second floor and liked it. There wasn't a lot of traffic on our floor though. 1St floor seemed to have more traffic from people taking short cuts through the building. We didn't smell anything while we were there, but did smell it outside once. I think the benefit to Rarotonga is it's proximity to GCH. But every building is great. You can't go wrong at this hotel. You find that for every person that hates one building, there will be others that loved it.
To each his own, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter