Poly DVC studio or regular room?

MouseMum

Disney Daydreamer
I have a studio booked at the Poly for 11 nights for our family of 5. We will eat breakfast most mornings in our room. Figured DD 12 and I would share a bathroom and DH would share with DSs 15 and 17. Now starting to wonder if I should have booked a regular room. Size...enough living space for us? (Though we plan to be out most of the time, at least the kids will be) And will there be more or less of a chance of seeing construction at the studio? (I've requested Moorea GV) Any thoughts would be appreciated. :thanks:

The studio should be a great choice for you. The size is essentially the same as a regular room. Add to that the split bath for convenience and the availability of the microwave and toaster so you can have some breakfast items in your room.

I have studio booked at poly also....granted I don't have 2 teens and an almost teen...but I think the lay-out would suit you. Especially the split bathroom. The microwave, toaster is a bonus and the couch will fold up to give a bit more space and lounge area...perhaps? Good call on requesting ground level...can extend your living space to the patio.

Have a great trip!!

I just toured a poly studio at the DVC preview center last week-the split bathroom is awesome-will make getting 5 ready in the morning so much easier not sure how the square footage of the reg room vs the studio compares but I did read that the rooms in the DVC buildings were larger than the original rooms (they were an addition to the original resort back in the 1980s). I would guess your change of a construction view isn't any worse than a reg room as several resort (non DVC) longhouses look out on the east pool

I just toured a poly studio at the DVC preview center last week-the split bathroom is awesome-will make getting 5 ready in the morning so much easier not sure how the square footage of the reg room vs the studio compares but I did read that the rooms in the DVC buildings were larger than the original rooms (they were an addition to the original resort back in the 1980s). I would guess your change of a construction view isn't any worse than a reg room as several resort (non DVC) longhouses look out on the east pool

As I thought, about the construction...if I get Moorea, I can avoid that. I think the only likelihood now would be if they put us in Tokolau facing the pool...ewww! And I wonder too, do DVC members get priority over DVC guests? Meaning, would one get preference over the other re requests?

Last edited:
As I thought, about the construction...if I get Moorea, I can avoid that. I think the only likelihood now would be if they put us in Tokolau facing the pool...ewww! And I wonder too, do DVC members get priority over DVC guests? Meaning, would one get preference over the other re requests?
I don't know that DVC members get priority over DVC guests-if you are a cash reservation (going directly through disney) I would guess it is the opposite-if you mean a DVC guest as in a member booked for you I think you are prob in no worse a situation than a member-I suspect it more based on arrival/departure dates (filling the resort rooms is like a big jig saw puzzle that they have to piece together to make everything fit)

I am assuming you are not getting any type of discount on the DVC room? A regular room through Orbitz could possibly yield yourself some savings with a promo code.

I am assuming you are not getting any type of discount on the DVC room? A regular room through Orbitz could possibly yield yourself some savings with a promo code.
Actually I'm getting a 40% discount on either type of room, so both are up for choosing. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter