Poly Declared Inventory

Judging by current sales, it'll be well over a year.

There is more than enough inventory for current owners. Look past reservation walking, 7 months plus 10 days, and every single day is open, even Christmas and NYE. There is not enough demand of current owners to put any pressure on current inventory.

My guess is that, even if sales markedly pick up now that VGF is sold out, there will not be enough owner demand to trigger an inventory release for at least a year or longer.

I believe the numbers I've heard is that 40% of inventory is released and 5-10% of points are sold.

They don't declare units to increase inventory for reservations, they declare to increase inventory to sell.

:earsboy: Bill

1.6 million points have already been declared and per wdrl only 195,000 points have been sold. It definitely will be awhile before they declare more inventory.

1.6 million points have already been declared and per wdrl only 195,000 points have been sold. It definitely will be awhile before they declare more inventory.

Since some of the points declared are bungalow units, do you think that it will throw reservation inventory out of whack?

Since some of the points declared are bungalow units, do you think that it will throw reservation inventory out of whack?

Probably not. Under the Reciprocal Use clause that is in every DVC Master Declaration, DVC members can book accommodations that have not yet been declared as long at the total number of points used each Use Day does not exceed the percentage of the resort declared for the DVC inventory. Currently, 142 studios and 10 bungalows have been declared for the DVC inventory, which accounts for 40.71% of the resort's total points. If DVC members wanted to book all 20 bungalows for one night, they could. In exchange, DVD would have access to a point-equivalent number of studios for that night. And the reverse is also true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter