• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Connecting Studios...should we switch resorts?

sajetto

Wedding Pavilion Bride 2007
My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at the Poly Villas the week before Christmas. I booked two studios, assuming that making the request to connect wouldn't be an issue, but now I'm not so sure.

This trip will be the two of us and our two kids ages 4 and 7. Considering that its our anniversary, my hubby and I are not going to want to separate if the request isn't granted.

With all things considered, are we being paranoid and just stick with what we've got OR do we take the opportunity to switch now while there is still availability at the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, and Boardwalk?

If you suggest a switch, would you lean more toward Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club for that week prior to Christmas?

There hasn't been even one report of someone not getting their request for connecting studios at the Poly. Not one. If the Poly is where you want to be, my advice would be to make no other requests and to have MS note that you are celebrating an anniversary. Can't imagine you'd be the first one to be denied.

That said, the connecting doors at the Poly are located in the entryway on the opposite side of the room from the portion of the studio with the TV, bed & sleep sofa). Your children will have their own door leading out to the hallway. If that is a concern, a 1 bedroom may be a better choice for you. If you are staying an entire week, you may love having a washer/dryer in the unit - less to pack. Since there will be construction at the VWL, I'd suggest either BCV or BWV. It may come down to availability. Good luck!

I'm also very interested in hearing about success (or not) re: connecting room requests at Poly

While it is a fact that a request for connecting rooms (or any room request for that matter) can not be garaunteed, I think you have about a 99.9 percent chance of having your request granted. Especially if that is your only request.

My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at the Poly Villas the week before Christmas. I booked two studios, assuming that making the request to connect wouldn't be an issue, but now I'm not so sure.

This trip will be the two of us and our two kids ages 4 and 7. Considering that its our anniversary, my hubby and I are not going to want to separate if the request isn't granted.

With all things considered, are we being paranoid and just stick with what we've got OR do we take the opportunity to switch now while there is still availability at the Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club, and Boardwalk?

If you suggest a switch, would you lean more toward Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club for that week prior to Christmas?
Until Poly sells out, which could be 2 or 3 years from now, I think your chances are good.

Even if you do get connecting units, you must have an adult in each unit. I would go for a 1 or 2 BR.

Even if you do get connecting units, you must have an adult in each unit. I would go for a 1 or 2 BR.
For registration purposes, yes, but realistically no one is doing bed checks and with a connecting door no actual harm would be done for OP to sleep with spouse and stick the kids next door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter