• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Connecting Rooms - Hawaii Longhouse

Lv4Disney

Earning My Ears
We have two CL lagoon view rooms reserved and have requested the third floor (I know, it's only a request and may not be possible to honor).

Has anyone every stayed on the third floor in the Hawaii longhouse and had connecting rooms? I have yet to see a connecting door in any of the pictures I've found from the Hawaii longhouse. :confused3

We have stayed in connecting rooms in the Hawaii longhouse twice that I can remember. I know once we were on the second floor and I believe (but not 100%) that we were on the third floor once. Both of these were on the garden view side, if that makes any difference. We leave in five weeks and are hoping to get connecting rooms again.

I was just on the first floor of Hawaii, Lagoon view, and had room 1506 and it connected with 1507.

Yes, the Polynesian 'Club Level' (Hawaii Longhouse) has third floor connecting rooms....we stayed in rooms #3508 & #3509 a year ago. It was great having our daughter and our grandchildren so close; we left the connecting door open the entire 7 days we were there. FABULOUS views of the lagoon, Cinderella's Castle, the Electric Water Pageant and night fireworks....and a great balcony.
When we checked out, I asked the concierge desk how we might get connecting rooms for a future vacation and this is what he said to do:
1. Initially make two phone calls: first one to the main Disney reservations (phone 407-934-7639) AND the second one to concierge desk in the Hawaii Longhouse (phone 407-824-2000 & ask to be transferred to the concierge desk; concierge desk is open 7am-8pm)--tell them you're traveling with family and request they put "travel with" on your reservation (this is the unique term they use) AND request connecting rooms.
2. Ten days prior to arrival: make those two phone calls again and request connnecting rooms
3. Day before arrival: call the concierge desk in Hawaii Longhouse and again request connecting rooms. The concierge desk makes all the room assignments for guests staying in the Hawaii Longhouse and they usually do this in the afternoon or early evening.
4. Day of arrival: check-in as early as you can at the concierge desk in the Hawaii Longhouse (NOT at the Polynesian front desk). Concierge desk opens at 7am (my husband and I were there at 7am; the night before we stayed at the nearby resort, 'Shades of Green'). If arriving by bus/car, go to the free standing Concierge desk OUTSIDE the Polynesian to left of the main entrance sidewalk--they will take you directly to the Hawaii Longhouse to check-in.
Have a wonderful vacation!!!! One more thing--the concierge lounge has large bottles of Evian water that they allow you to take back to your room...we put them into the room refrigerator and would then refill our plastic water bottles as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter