Poly concierge...

Briar rose108

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Poly Concierge Oct 5-12. We booked our trip through Dreams Unlimited. We have not been contacted by the concierge staff at all. Is this unusual?

Does anyone know how the renovations are going? My travel agent said according to her records it is supposed to be back in the Hawaii building by the beginning of Oct. The dates that I have seen on the board have been around mid Oct.
I am just crossing my fingers that they finish up early :D

Briar rose108,

The good news is that DW and I will be there (Polynesian Concierge) Oct 1-8 ;) Keep an eye out for a 6'4" guy with beard and glasses - he owes me money! :p

The eh-eh news is that the renovations aren't scheduled to be done until Oct 17, and they rarely finish early. But you'll have a great time at Tahiti with us - we're going to sit in the lounge and take pictures of people who come in without shirts or shoes and who take more food that 20 people can eat! ;)

We booked direct through Disney and got our planner in the mail approx 2 months before. You might want to give them a call.

Hope to see you there!

Yes, give them a call ... you never know what may have happeened and it doesn't hurt to check.;)

I stayed at Poly concierge August 14-16 and I loved it. It may be nicer in the Hawaii building (I've never been there) but it was great in Tahiti. The walk to the TTC was so quick!:D I could be on the Ferry boat to MK in just minutes! :D

The lounge was relaxing and the 2 rooms set up for concierge to view the fireworks & Electric Water Parade were never crowded. Plenty of room on the balconies and one night I just sat in the concierge room and enjoyed the air conditioning while my DD6 was out on the balcony watching the fireworks.

I would definitely go back to the Poly again!:D For some reason I had never wanted to stay there but I tried it and I see why people like it so much! The room was really spacious and HK was excellent. Concierge seemed to send us a little something special every day! (We were celebrating birthdays). And the weather was very rainiy while we were there (a Tropical Depression) and the hotel was loaded with things to do. We walked to the GCH and during the rain they had entertainment in the lobby area. Hula hoops, music, Poi Balls,etc. It was great and a lifesaver for me because my DD enjoyed all of it immensely!:D

Have a great time and a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter