Poly Concierge food?

Figaro30

Proud to be an American
What types of things do they offer at the Polynesian Concierge?

Has anybody been there within the past year? I'd love to know what types of things they offered for breakfast time, lunch time , dinner time, and snacks.

Thanks,

The food we had at the Poly concierge was excellent! Enjoy!

Tikiman's site is great. I just wanted to add my 2 cents. We went last month and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent!!

ENJOY!!!!!!

We just returned from there on Sunday night. Our first trip to Poly and concierge. All I can say is "awesome, purely awesome!"

For breakfast there was cinnamon rolls, various danish, oatmeal, cold cereals, fresh fruit salad, whole pieces fresh fruit, english muffins and bagels. There might have even been a few small other things but this is really most of it. There was OJ, skim milk, and whole milk along with pop, water, coffee, etc. (My daughter wished they would have had donuts of some type for the kids). Breakfast was 7-9 am

For lunch, really just fresh fruit, cookies, M&M's, gummie worms (kids), pop, water, juice, unsweetened iced tea

5-7 - there was a veggie platter with ranch dip, various cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, cookies, and I think maybe one other finger food (I cannot believe I forgot so quickly--senior moment). As well, there were about 10 bottles of wine open and you could help yourself. I even saw people filling several glasses and place them on a tray and take them to their rooms for later! With the refrig. in the room, really anything can be taken back and stored for later which is really a great benefit.

8-10 - there was asst. desserts all of which were awesome. They included various cakes, etc. As well, there was a large offering of after-dinner cordials available. Along with the pop, water, iced tea, fresh fruit, etc.

I can honestly say this was an wonderful experience. Everyone was very helpful and friendly and the parks were dead (except Sat.) We definitely got our use out of the lounge. The view is just gorgeous! Fireworks on the beach--breathtaking!

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm already trying to plan another trip soon! My husband is going to shoot me!!!

Oops--I forgot one important thing. Each night the chef prepares something "hot" for the 5-7:00 hours. One night it was chicken wings, another rigatoni, and another the fixings for chicken cesear salad. What was nice, the salad fixings made it easy to take just what you wanted. The chicken was absolutely delicious and the kids ate it just alone on a plate.

We also had room service delivered to the concierge lounge one night. It was easier than eating in the room. They brought a table cloth, plates, ice bucket, and set a beautiful table for us! We felt so special having this beautiful table arranged just for us.

The lounge was so comfortable, it was so easy to hang out there!

Just returned from 10 days GV Conceirge- It was perfect!

The only thing that I would add to Disneyfanatic60's comment was that at 5-7 they had sandwiches for the kids. You can also check with the staff on anything else you want (ie chocolate milk or juice boxes, etc) which they probably dont keep out since they keep the beverages in ice and would make the boxes soggy.

It was a wonderful experience and would recommend it highly! My son loved hanging out in the "eating place".

Originally posted by disneyfanatic60
We just returned from there on Sunday night. Our first trip to Poly and concierge. All I can say is "awesome, purely awesome!" ...

5-7 - there was a veggie platter with ranch dip, various cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, cookies, and I think maybe one other finger food (I cannot believe I forgot so quickly--senior moment). As well, there were about 10 bottles of wine open and you could help yourself. I even saw people filling several glasses and place them on a tray and take them to their rooms for later! With the refrig. in the room, really anything can be taken back and stored for later which is really a great benefit. ...

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm already trying to plan another trip soon! My husband is going to shoot me!!!

Taking a bunch of stuff to put in the fridge- like multiple glasses of wine or snacks that are laid out for everyone to enjoy in the lounge, back to the room for later is piggish. Why don't they just bring a big collapsible cooler and take it ALL back with them.

Also, people who have room service delivered to concierge and have it all laid out for them don't leave room for other people to enjoy the seating space- it's not their own personal room and it's not their own personal space. That lack of consideration and "I I I me me me" attitude detracts from the experience.
Sorry- venting!
:mad:

When I was at GF Concierge, I would bring my stuff back to the room with me. Not that I was saving it all for later, I just didn't feel like eating with a bunch of other people or maybe I wanted to relax and watch Regis and Kelly while I ate my Frosted Flakes. Also, sometimes, if I saw something I would like, but wasn't hungry then and there or was on my way out, I would bring it back to my room - mainly the cookies, which were really good! I didn't stockpile my room with wine and food, but if I knew the cookies would be gone when I got back, you bet I took a few back to the room for when I returned from the park.

As always, there are people who push the limit of courtesy, but I don't see anything wrong with people who either prefer to eat in their room or aren't hungry, but want the chance to try some of the offerings later, knowing that they'll be taken away in an hour or two.

Just my opinion! :rolleyes:

To Joepoe,

I am affended by your insinuating I took advantage of the concierge lounge. First of all, let me say, other than pop/water, I took not a single item back to my room. I was simply stating what I saw others doing. I never said it was right or wrong.

As far as having room service delivered to the concierge lounge, we were a group of 4 people and it was simply much easier to eat at somewhat of a larger table than the table in our room where barely two people fit comfortably. Your claim that it takes from other peoples space is purely ridiculous. We simply had one table and there were many empty tables for others to use. We didn't "take over" the whole area. I do not see any harm in this at all. If the lounge was packed, that would have been a different story. My comment was merely to show "how much the CM's went out of their way to make this trip enjoyable."

It's my turn to vent!!!!!!!!:mad:

I guess next time I'll keep my comments to myself. I was only trying to help not be attacked. I haven't been on this board very long at all, and I must say now I have a very bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I made the wrong choice in participating!!!!!!!!!!

disneyfanatic60, just take a deep breath and try to shrug off those negative comments. Most people here are very friendly and helpful- and open-minded. Don't let one person turn you away from this great board. I love it here :)

I will add one thing -- since I am new -- I cannot figure out how to paste your quote "Taking a bunch of stuff to put in the fridge- like multiple glasses of wine or snacks that are laid out for everyone to enjoy in the lounge, back to the room for later is piggish."

No one was trying to be "PIGGISH!" I really resent my family being referred to as piggish when you don't even know us. I hate to think there are such small minded people in this great country.

I do truly believe, I don't belong here. This will become my last post. I'm sure I can find other's who appreciate any input without the criticism. I can only hope others on this board are not so narrow minded.

Goodbye to all--enjoyed it during my brief visit. Thought the site had a lot of good information.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Disneyfanatic60 -

I think it's great that they set up your service in the lounge. When we were there last month, the lounge was always at least 1/2 empty, so I'm sure you weren't "taking up space". People always have to have something to crab about. Heaven forbid they just be happy for someone else's good experience. Don't allow one persons comments to offend you to the point of leaving. I've found that the majority of people here are very friendly and helpful.

Joepoe - As for being piggish, when you book a concierge room you PAY FOR that service. Whether you eat in the lounge or take some back to your room shouldn't make one bit of difference. When we were there, they had so much food left over, they were requesting that guests take it back to their rooms. You better believe we took as many soda's and water's as we pleased. Why? We PAID for them, they weren't a gift. Certainly there are probably people who take excessive amounts of foods, but I didn't see any of them when I was there.

Teresa

I can't believe I am reading this. I always put stuff on a tray and take it to my room. I also take stuff for later or another day. I will continue to do it and no one there cares. Most do the same thing. You do pay for it when staying concierge and if anyone ever has an issue with me doing it (or any of the rest of the hundreds that do it) they are happy to bring it up with me when I am there but you will not like the response.

Anyone who takes items from the lounge and back to their room to enjoy later or not has that right and I will stick up for that point of view 100%.

Steve

I totally agree, Steve! Also, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your Poly website. I really enjoyed reading through it, and I have learned so much. I still can not decide if I want to stay at the Poly or the Dolphin, but I am leaning toward the Polynesian more every day. Your site is wonderful!!! :)

I think WDW has many great resorts and most of the time I would not tell someone to go to the Polynesian over another WDW resort but from what I have seen or heard the S&D are not anything like the Polynesian or even other WDW resorts that are near the S&D like the Yacht Club or Boardwalk. If you want to be near EPCOT I would stay at one of those but if you like the theme and location of the Polynesian than you should stay there.

Steve

It is unfortunate but I feel like this "blasting people" for their opinions and posts is becoming too common on these boards. I don't think it is necessary at all. I have never stayed concierge but I am considering it for an upcoming trip. I do, however, have 2 thoughts:

If they don't intend for you to take items to your rooms, why provide trays?? Is it that long a walk from the food items to the lounge tables?

Second, I don't believe it is our place as posters or resorts guests to police the actions of other guests. Yes you paid for it but so did the others. If there is a problem or if people are using the amenities other than the way they were intended to be used, then the CMs will let them know or let a manager know. I too think it was an original idea to have room service delivered to a 1/2 empty lounge. I don't see any harm in it.

Just my two cents. Hopefully I didn't offend.

I believe I was there the same time as Disneyfanatic60 and there was usually plenty of tables available so I personally think it was nice to have room service set up a table. I had room service sent up to my room and since there was only two chairs in the room, two of us had to eat on the beds.

As far as taking things up to your room, when we checked in the concierge staff told us that there was a fridge in the room and to feel free to go "fill it up" with anything we needed. It was much easier to just bring up a few waters and sodas and keep them in the room.

Tikiman - I also wanted to thank you for your wonderful website. I was planning on staying at the contemporary again and after looking at your website, not only did I go to the Poly but tried concierge (only problem is I think I am hooked!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter