• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Club level

The Poly CL level is the perfect area for watching Wishes; no crowds, a drink in hand, piped in music, great view, proper seating and again no crowds :) DH and I love Wishes but really do not like MK crowds, watching from the Poly CL is really special.

We really like the CL staff, we were treated very well.

We won't be getting the Dining Plan. Instead we plan on taking advantage of the Club breakfast and eating lunches in the park. (We usually split 2 meals rather than buy 4 so we have room to snack in the afternoon. :mickeybar)
We will probably head back to the resort early evening for evening snacks then split a couple of meals from Kona Isle or Captain Cook's and watch the fireworks before returning for evening cordials.

One evening we do plan on getting the Twilight Feast. We will probably order 1 adult dinner and 1 child's dinner to share.

I understand beer and wine is available in the evening but does anyone know if you can ask for a bottle of beer during the day ? It would be nice to put into a plastic cup and take it out to the pool. Thanks!

I understand beer and wine is available in the evening but does anyone know if you can ask for a bottle of beer during the day ? It would be nice to put into a plastic cup and take it out to the pool. Thanks!

You don't even have to ask. After 12:00 noon, the beer can be found in the lounge fridge, and you help yourself. We enjoyed this perk every afternoon of our stay last December :drinking1.

Any time you can ask. I always tipped if I had a couple bucks, but at AKL you could ask any time. I've read trip reports at other resorts that even in the morning you could ask (some folks are used to working night shifts so are used to having a beer or 3 at breakfast time).

That is one thing I liked better at Disney than at Universal. Then, they had their "rules" and it was only at the the 2 hours in the evening that you could get a glass of wine (and they were kind of nasty there - never again).

We asked and they said they were not allowed to take cash tips. So next time I'm bringing treats for housekeeping too!

Interesting. Every time I have left out bills they were taken, and pounds of toiletries left in return.

Any time you can ask. I always tipped if I had a couple bucks, but at AKL you could ask any time. I've read trip reports at other resorts that even in the morning you could ask (some folks are used to working night shifts so are used to having a beer or 3 at breakfast time).

That is one thing I liked better at Disney than at Universal. Then, they had their "rules" and it was only at the the 2 hours in the evening that you could get a glass of wine (and they were kind of nasty there - never again).
I loved club level at Universal Portofino Bay. The people were nice and the food was great.

Any recommendations on room requests for "theme park view" rooms when staying club level?

We are staying club level at the Poly in October for the first time, and I'd love to hear your experiences with room location. Thanks!

Last edited:
Any recommendations on room requests for "theme park view" rooms when staying club level?

We are staying club level at the Poly in October for the first time, and I'd love to hear your experiences with room location. Thanks!

Poly CL - FUN! With a TPV room, you'll either be on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the Hawaii longhouse. The 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies, 3rd floor rooms do have balconies. For that reason, many people will make their only request to be a 3rd floor room. I fall into this camp of folks.

Other than that, the Hawaii longhouse is not particularly big, so even the furthest room is not that far from the lounge. That being said, I do tend to like to be on the lounge side of the building, but that's probably not worth making a request.

Keep in mind requests are just that and are not guranteed. While I 'really' like having a 3rd floor for the balcony, I do walk in with an open mind that I could get a 2nd floor room. I did get one earlier this year for the first time. Really wasn't that bad, but I did miss the outdoor space.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much, GADisneyDad14! :-)

Poly CL - FUN! With a TPV room, you'll either be on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the Hawaii longhouse. The 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies, 3rd floor rooms do have balconies. For that reason, many people will make their only request to be a 3rd floor room. I fall into this camp of folks.

Other than that, the Hawaii longhouse is not particularly big, so even the furthest room is not that far from the lounge. That being said, I do tend to like to be on the lounge side of the building, but that's probably not worth making a request.

Keep in mind requests are just that and are not guranteed. While I 'really' like having a 3rd floor for the balcony, I do walk in with an open mind that I could get a 2nd floor room. I did get one earlier this year for the first time. Really wasn't that bad, but I did miss the outdoor space.

Hope that helps!

I apologize if I am placing this post in the wrong location.

My family and I are staying at the Poly club level this coming February - both are firsts for us. I'm having trouble making up my mind about the theme park view room. Is it worth the extra money? In addition, I read the the Hawaii longhouse 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies and the first floor is now partially obstructed by the bungalows. Is it possible to pay for a theme park view and not even get a balcony? If so, is there a way I can request a third floor room? I want your opinions on rather or not the theme park view is worth the price difference.

My son is 3 and we go to WDW about every year. This will be his third trip. He gets excited when he sees the castle at the beginning of Disney movies so I was thinking being able to see the castle from his room would be pretty magical. But maybe we could have the same experience by just using the lounge?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Oops I just saw that GADisneyDad already answered the balcony question previously on this thread. Now I just want to know if you think the Theme Park view is worth it? Thanks again

Last edited:
Oops I just saw that GADisneyDad already answered the balcony question in a previous thread. Now I just want to know if you think the Theme Park view is worth it? Thanks again

The lounge view of the castle is awesome. Easily my favorite thing about the CL at Poly. I'm glad we didn't pay for TPV, as we had the view from the lounge every day.

I apologize if I am placing this post in the wrong location.

My family and I are staying at the Poly club level this coming February - both are firsts for us. I'm having trouble making up my mind about the theme park view room. Is it worth the extra money? In addition, I read the the Hawaii longhouse 2nd floor rooms do not have balconies and the first floor is now partially obstructed by the bungalows. Is it possible to pay for a theme park view and not even get a balcony? If so, is there a way I can request a third floor room? I want your opinions on rather or not the theme park view is worth the price difference.

My son is 3 and we go to WDW about every year. This will be his third trip. He gets excited when he sees the castle at the beginning of Disney movies so I was thinking being able to see the castle from his room would be pretty magical. But maybe we could have the same experience by just using the lounge?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Ok, I guess you found somewhere where I probably answered a similar question. But yes, with a TPV room you'll either be on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I usually make my one request for a 3rd floor room because the balcony is important to me, although it's always a risk you could be on the 2nd. I've almost always been given a 3rd floor room, but you do have to keep an open mind just in case.

Is it worth it? Hard to answer that question as it's very personal. For us, when DS was that young, definitely yes. That's really how we fell in love with Poly and Poly CL. At that age we liked for DS to go to bed at a reasonable hour. We could put him to bed and then sit/enjoy things like the fireworks and EWP from the balcony. Alternatively if he was still up, we could all enjoy from the balcony and then immediately get him to bed. FWIW, a LV room would have similar benefits and is slightly cheaper than TPV.

While the lounge has a great view, we found it wasn't all that practical for fireworks or nighttime enjoyment once we put him to bed. That meant only one of us could really go to the lounge at a time, which we didn't like as much. So yeah, being able to see towards the MK (either in a TPV or GV room) has typically been worth the extra cost in our perspective.

So if housekeepers in general can take tips, why can't a CL one take tips?

What are some of the ways contacting the club level can help with planning before you arrive on property? I want to make sure I maximize my use of the concierge service.

And I was also wondering if guests are allowed to take a bottle of beer or a glass of wine back to their room?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter