Poly Bungalows

Got back Monday from 6 days at the Bungalows. Air conditioning never got under 78 degrees the whole time. The door in the Master bedroom had not yet been replaced with a window and window unit, but the day we checked out, there were maintenace crews working everywhere on the Bungalows. It was not just the Master that was too hot, it was the whole Bungalow. And that plumbing pump!! OMG! I couldn't believe the noise that thing made. It sounded like a bomb going off everytime someone showered, flushed, used the washing machine, etc.Also, something else that bothered me a bit was the second bedroom is small, and we had a family of four (two toddlers) in there. Their bathroom was outside the room, down the hall. Not good planning, IMO. I was excited about staying there and only did so because I had forgotten to bank my points, but I won't stay again. Too much money/points for a subpar experience. I told my husband, I am glad we didn't buy any points there because the members may well have an added increase to their dues for all these repairs. I told a repairman as we were walking out that the TV in the bathroom mirror didn't work either; he laughed and said well, he would just add that to his long list since that had not yet been reported. I will say the view is fabulous, however, like no other I've had for the fireworks every night from MK, and piping in the music is really a nice touch.

We only have one night in November reserved in a Bungalow. Trusting pixie dust everything will be fine although I would suspect that temperatures are not an issue as is in August. Booked it as a "when would we ever do this again" our son and family will be in a Studio and its is our arrival day with dinner at O'hana.

So sorry to hear about this. Certainly not what to be expected

Update: this is ALL units (20). Units are not cooling down. This is their short term fix until they can put in new air conditioners. We were given back 1 nights worth of points and a monetary credit for our stay. This is more of an FYI for anyone coming soon. This just happened within the last day or so.

Who authorized the credit for you? We are going there Oct 9 for 3 days with 8 people, so doors will be open a fair amount with 2 & 4 yr. olds, Engineer must have undersized the whole cooling towers for the size needed for 20 units, probably lowest bid for job

Who authorized the credit for you? We are going there Oct 9 for 3 days with 8 people, so doors will be open a fair amount with 2 & 4 yr. olds, Engineer must have undersized the whole cooling towers for the size needed for 20 units, probably lowest bid for job

How many nights were you there for? How much money did they credit you ?

I would be upset too, given the points needed per night. Happy you got something as they try and fix the issues.

Why the poster is upset???????

Gee I don't know....

The MOST EXPENSIVE DVC and window air conditioners, PLEASE!!!

LOL right? We had a cash reservation for the beginning of September that I cancelled this week in favor of the GF. I'm just not willing to risk the room not being perfect for that kind of money. We can stay there another time.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards lately. It boggles my mind that people would not understand why I was upset. But I won't pander to them as they just want to start something. But to answer the other questions. We were the very first guests to experience the so called fix. The Management at the Polynesian could not have been nicer and cooperative. I won't go into detail on the cash credit we received but we felt it was reasonable for our inconvenience. We didn't ask for much as I was more concerned about the number of points I used for this stay. This was so new they had no time to notify us. The general manager came by our first day and we told him all of our concerns. He indicated guests would receive notification about this fix. I will say the temperature in the bungalow did stay cool the whole time we were there. By the way we were there 4 nights. I hate air conditioning units so we gave the master room to our daughters. And it all worked out ok. It was a terrible disappointment but the Poly did all they could and we accepted it and had a great vacation and my husband had a wonderful 50th birthday! The plunge pool was awesome and we spent two days at The Oasis pool with one of the cabanas. Get there early as they go quickly. I hope I answered everyone's questions. If not, let me know.

I just received the below letter. However, we aren't staying in a Bungalow.....just a deluxe studio. Does anyone know if the air conditioning is affecting all rooms??? We are staying Sept 2-6 and this is our very first stay at Poly :(

August 2016

Aloha and Welcome Home!

We are delighted you have chosen to spend your vacation at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Before your arrival, we would like to make you aware that we are experiencing intermittent challenges with the air conditioning in our bungalows. We have added temporary air conditioning units to the master bedrooms that helps bring the rooms to a comfortable temperature until a permanent solution can be implemented.

We apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to providing a wonderful experience. Therefore, we will offer a daily housekeeping service and will be waiving the associated fee during your stay.

Should you need assistance with your reservation, please contact Disney Vacation Club® Member Services at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday. One of our Vacation Advisors will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being a valued part of the Disney Vacation Club family. We eagerly await your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Victor Yordan
General Manager of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows Resort

I just received the below letter. However, we aren't staying in a Bungalow.....just a deluxe studio. Does anyone know if the air conditioning is affecting all rooms??? We are staying Sept 2-6 and this is our very first stay at Poly :(

Shouldn't be. They just aren't good at filtering reservations for email purposes.

We also received the above letter and we will be in a studio for two nights 9-2 & 9-3. At first I thought it was saying we had been upgraded to the bungalow!! lol. I quickly realized the letter did not apply to me!

I also would have been very upset Silly Girl. Sorry you had those problems v

I am wondering why they couldn't fix something like that within a few days. Makes it seem like a major chiller unit went down in the utility building for the bungalows and has to be completely replaced (which wouldn't be cheap if it's one of those commercial chillers, but I don't know what they used for the A/C).

I guess we have to remember that these bungalows are an experiment- there's really no other accommodations in North America that are like these with the utilities set up like this (I don't even know if the real water bungalows in places like Bora Bora have A/C like this), so the whole hospitality industry is probably watching how these units do. It was kind of a gamble for Disney, but also is kind of prestigious as well.

We are staying in a bungalow in October. Hopefully problem will be fixed by then.

Sorry I haven't been on the boards lately. It boggles my mind that people would not understand why I was upset. But I won't pander to them as they just want to start something. But to answer the other questions. We were the very first guests to experience the so called fix. The Management at the Polynesian could not have been nicer and cooperative. I won't go into detail on the cash credit we received but we felt it was reasonable for our inconvenience. We didn't ask for much as I was more concerned about the number of points I used for this stay. This was so new they had no time to notify us. The general manager came by our first day and we told him all of our concerns. He indicated guests would receive notification about this fix. I will say the temperature in the bungalow did stay cool the whole time we were there. By the way we were there 4 nights. I hate air conditioning units so we gave the master room to our daughters. And it all worked out ok. It was a terrible disappointment but the Poly did all they could and we accepted it and had a great vacation and my husband had a wonderful 50th birthday! The plunge pool was awesome and we spent two days at The Oasis pool with one of the cabanas. Get there early as they go quickly. I hope I answered everyone's questions. If not, let me know.

If you could have passed up the 4th night free plus cash compensation to not have the window AC and door issue, would you? Not me... That's an awesome deal you got! I think a lot of people are jealous. Be happy. You got the most expensive room on property at a steal all for having an air conditioner that actually worked fine.

Last edited:
My friend stayed there in August, all they "got" was daily mousekeeping for the AC snafu. They had the window unit AC in master BR. She said it was buggy outside, also stated that the whole unit shook a bit when that loud pump came on. Of course, they loved staying at the Poly, and liked the bungalows in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter