Poly Bungalows

Silly Girl

Mouseketeer
Just checked in and the bungalows are unacceptable!!! Window unit air conditioner now in master bedroom. Door no longer there. Boarded and has window unit. Unbelievable! So unhappy! 50th birthday celebration for my husband. Used too many points for this..... Tried calling member services immediately but of course they are having issues. Must call back later. Talked to front desk and they are upset about this as well. Will give update when I have one.

Wow, that wasn't the case with the model bungalow last week

I would stop by the DVC desk by 2pm (when they start giving tours)

Sorry that you are unhappy, never saw the units prior so I don't really understand what has happened.

:earsboy: Bill

My goodness. It sounds like they gave you a unit that was under maintenance! Good luck and I hope it gets better for you all.

Wow, that wasn't the case with the model bungalow last week

I would stop by the DVC desk by 2pm (when they start giving tours)

I don't think that a sales person or ASA can do much for a room issue.

:earsboy: Bill

Just checked in and the bungalows are unacceptable!!! Window unit air conditioner now in master bedroom. Door no longer there. Boarded and has window unit. Unbelievable! So unhappy! 50th birthday celebration for my husband. Used too many points for this..... Tried calling member services immediately but of course they are having issues. Must call back later. Talked to front desk and they are upset about this as well. Will give update when I have one.
Make sure you physically go to the front desk. Pressing a button on the phone just goes to an off-site call center.
I had a minor housekeeping issue, calling did nothing. Walking to front desk got results.

Update: this is ALL units (20). Units are not cooling down. This is their short term fix until they can put in new air conditioners. We were given back 1 nights worth of points and a monetary credit for our stay. This is more of an FYI for anyone coming soon. This just happened within the last day or so.

Always snap a few pictures with your phone before going to the front desk.
Having a few visuals should help them understand what a problem this is.

Update: this is ALL units (20). Units are not cooling down. This is their short term fix until they can put in new air conditioners. We were given back 1 nights worth of points and a monetary credit for our stay. This is more of an FYI for anyone coming soon. This just happened within the last day or so.
Thank you for the update
(I don't "like" your situation, but am grateful for the feedback.)

Wow. 20 new AC units for the Bungalows? Curious if this bumps up the MF a bit faster than expected.

Wow. 20 new AC units for the Bungalows? Curious if this bumps up the MF a bit faster than expected.
There's safety in numbers, and bungalows take huuuuuge numbers of points.

I'm guessing each unit only has an air handler and a central plant supplies hot or chilled water to the air handler..

But, if it were an A/C unit that cost $5k per bungalow, it takes nearly 54,000 points to rent a bungalow per year.. That's a whopping $0.093/point repair.

Stayed in a bungalow last fall. Found the master bedroom extremely warm. Actually had trouble sleeping. Maintenance came and pointed a laser at the outflow of the A/C and said it was blowing cool air but the bungalows are taking quite a long time to cool down.

Also had a fridge door that wouldn't stay closed and every two minutes the alarm would go off. Maintenance couldn't fix the problem so we propped a table against the door.

Stayed in a bungalow last fall. Found the master bedroom extremely warm. Actually had trouble sleeping. Maintenance came and pointed a laser at the outflow of the A/C and said it was blowing cool air but the bungalows are taking quite a long time to cool down.

Also had a fridge door that wouldn't stay closed and every two minutes the alarm would go off. Maintenance couldn't fix the problem so we propped a table against the door.

Yikes. So many points for what sounds like a sub-par experience.

Honestly I'm a little confused as to why you are so upset? Would you rather be hot but have a door? I'd take a window unit any day if it meant I could sleep at night without roasting.

Honestly I'm a little confused as to why you are so upset? Would you rather be hot but have a door? I'd take a window unit any day if it meant I could sleep at night without roasting.
That door is the only window with a (potential castle) view in the Bungalow master bedroom. While there are also 2 side windows, but most of those directly face other bungalows.

When you charge more than enough points for perfect it's reasonable that guests expect perfect.

Wow, what a screw up. They totally under estimated the size of the air conditioning unit for the bungalows.

Wow, what a screw up. They totally under estimated the size of the air conditioning unit for the bungalows.

Yea that's crazy. Better bump the size at WL as well, the trees there will help a bit later in the day but still.

That is completely unacceptable. We are staying in a bungalow in September, for cash at $2500/night. They better pray we don't have problems like that, or they will be refunding a LOT of money. Try to have a nice trip - I don't blame you being mad. For what those rooms cost, there shouldn't be a single problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter