• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly Ap Question???

Cindie-rella

...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.
We're going next April/May 2005 splitting our stay between POR and the POLY. That is "hopefully" we'll be splitting if we can get AP rates at the POLY. I would like to do 4 at POR / 6 at the POLY. Anyway, does anyone know what the AP rates for regular season this past year were? I know it will be a little higher for 2005 but just to get an idea. It would be for Lagoon view regular season rates.
Just trying to plan ahead so I know what we're up against as far as prices go. I'm saving every penny I can so I can make our WDW Anniversary very magical and as special as can be!!!:wave2:

I had a hold on Poly LV for regular season for 4 nights in Oct. It was going to be $1450. So that would be $362 a night with tax.

Would that be the rate with the AP discount???!!! That's not such a great deal IMHO. I know the AP rate for POR this past April/May was $85/night as compared to the rack rates of $159/night. I thought the POLY might be somewhere around $250/night. Oh well, maybe it will end up being 6 nights at POR and 4 at the POLY:(

A garden view room is a lot cheaper. The GV room was $511 for 2 nights. So that aould be $255 a night. You need to decide how much the view of the castle is worth to you. I love the Poly and think a garden view room would be just as nice.

EDIT - Yes this is with an AP discount.

I have a garden view room for 10/13-17 for $229 per night.

Another thing to keep in mind if they even have AP rates during your stay - we were hoping to get AP rates for Lagoon View and none were available for our stay (this November).

The AP rates offered were only available for Concierge rooms and then regular garden view rooms - no regular Lagoon View rooms.

We took the AP rate for regular GV even though we really wanted a LV room. Concierge is too expensive for us.

Originally posted by ValerieK
I had a hold on Poly LV for regular season for 4 nights in Oct. It was going to be $1450. So that would be $362 a night with tax.

That's about what we paid per night for GV concierge when we went in May. GV concierge and LV are about the same price so you may want to consider staying concierge level. :wave2:

I just got (on Sunday) an online rate of $244 including tax for Dec. 4-7. Got it by clicking on the fall rates box in the online reservation area. Very excited since we had an AAA rate at WL booked and it was $207. Poly is worth the extra 37 bucks a night becuase we love the Poly, have CRT ressies for the 5th and are gong to MVMCP also on the 5th. Woo hoo. Last part of our trip is at BCV so we are going to OD on the MK those first three days and then hit the other parks the last 4 days.

Originally posted by Bojangles
That's about what we paid per night for GV concierge when we went in May. GV concierge and LV are about the same price so you may want to consider staying concierge level. :wave2:

I had GVC booked at rack rate, but no discounts (AP, BAT or BAS) were available for GVC. I could get AP rates for GV, LV and LVC. Figures. :rolleyes: I ended up booking the LVC room. I justified it by saying that our original intention was to stay LV, and the breakfast and snacks will probably save us over half of the difference, especially with DS11. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter