Poly 11 days, Beach Club 12 days or POR 15 day???

eeyorepixie

AKA Queenie
O.K. this year we will do POR for 15 days + Hoppers +WP's

I am already thinking about my bounceback...I would really like to try a different hotel with my family, but love having more time in Disney too.
This would be our 3rd time at POR, if I book bounceback here again.

So this is what I am considering:

Poly 11 days - base ticket (roughly $1,300 more than POR)

BC 12 days+ Base ticket (roughly a $1,000 more than POR)

or home away from home (family of 5)

POR 15 days +WP+ hopper

Which would you pick and why,thanks for helping me come to the best decision.:goodvibes

Since your going for such a long stay and have been to POR before I would try a different hotel. I would opt for the Beach Club. Nice location and really nice and renovated rooms.

For a difference of 3 days I would do the BC also...12 days is still a nice vacation! If you really wanted to do the 15 days then why not try a different moderate?

I too would do the BC, simply to have something new and for the location. Being able to walk to 2 parks is so awesome, and its great at night too. Plus, being that you are dropping WP from your ticket, having the BC pool would be a simi-close replacement:thumbsup2

Definately Beach Club, but I would add the hoppers--I think it would still be $50 cheaper than your Poly option. When you're that close to Epcot it is really nice to be able to walk over at dinner--even if you spend the rest of the day at a different park.

I would go with the BC for 12 days. I have heard great things about the resort and 12 days is still a good amount of time for a vacation. Plus it's always fun to try out a different resort. :goodvibes

I would do 15 days in POR. But that's only because I love it more then any other palce in the whole world!

If I were making that decision, I would choose the Polynesian for 11 days.

I have stayed at POR and really like it, but if you have the means to stay deluxe - - why not?

I have stayed at the Beach Club and while it is beautiful, we found the transportation and food options very disappointing. BC shares busses with Boadwalk, Yacht Club, Swan & Dolphin. At least it did when we visited last year. There are no quick service food options and the Marketplace has virtually nothing appetizing to eat in a pinch. They offer soup, an egg sandwich and gelato.

Staying at the Polynesian would be nice simply because you have the monorail for 2 of the parks. It is a beautiful resort and the rooms are bigger than POR.

Another vote for BC. You will love SAB and being able to walk to EPCOT and ferry to MGM is priceless.

We stayed at BC last year for one night(due to a flight cancellation, we added one more day)
my girls LOOOOOOOVED IT! and for that matter so did I

Now Poly is my dream, and it will be my 10 year anniversary this October...we honeymooned in Hawaii and we said we would go back at 10 years, but there is no way we will be doing this $$$$ way too pricey for our family and if I went it would have to be for 2 weeks the cost is prohibitive, so the Poly is as close as we could get.

Hmmmmmmmm, I just figured out that my promotion will pay almost for half the vacation, that is if my promotion goes through....ah well we shall see...I really think it will go through...

If I did go through with POR, the more I think of it the more I think it would too have to be for only 12 days, because we can not miss any school...so there is the question is when will Bounceback FD begin? I think it will be the 22nd.

What do you think??? If it does not start early than we really would not save that much money feeding our family for those extra 5 nights...so it is looking like it very well could be BC or Poly...that is unless Bounceback FD starts early next year. Actually, BB did not start until Aug. 23 last year...but FD was later announced to start 8/16 this year.

So it is looking like it is between the Poly and BC
The more I am thinking about BC I probably would want to add hoppers, for the food options of the WS at night. Which would raise the cost to be about even with the Poly and base tix.

If my DH knew I was already plotting and planning my Bounceback, he would faint:rotfl:

Thanks for your opinions, I know I will make a better decision because of them. :goodvibes

I would do Deluxe for sure! It is still a long stay and the extra room is great for 5. I would do the Poly becuase we love all that the resort has to offer. Would you up for a split 6/5. That way you could see and experience both.

If I had to pick, I would do the Poly.:thumbsup2 Monorail, restuarants, grounds, Wishes from the beach, volcano pool...:cloud9:

Poly 11 days....I love staying at this resort and 11 days is perfect for us

MORE DAYS:worship: MORE DAYS:worship: MORE DAYS:worship:

Ok, seriously I would do more days, POR is where we stayed last time it was real nice setting, we really enjoyed it.

It don't really matter which one you pick because you are at WDW and if given the choice i would take either Poly for 11 or BC for 12....having been to POR plenty of times it sure would be nice to try one of them.... the both offer more transportation options when the bus lines are 2 days and 3 night long.....:rotfl2:..... go with what you think is going to bring joy to your family

I'd vote for a split stay--5 days Poly, 6 days BC. Then you would have the best of all worlds. You'd get to try something new and have two great resorts to stay at!

I would go with 11 days at the Polynesian because out of the resorts your asking about, I personally think it has the best theme and atmopshere.

One vote here for the BC as it has the best room amenities, a recent refurbishment, SAB, it's own gym and massage therapists, salon,
(hey! this is important to me!:cutie: ) and some of the best TS and CS are at doorstep in Epcot and in the resort area! :thumbsup2

When you compare the two, BC wins!
Add in another day? No brainer! :cool1:

My personal choice would be to stay at the BC. However, if you think you will like the theme and location (near MK) of the Poly- I would say go for the Poly- especially if it will only be one less day for the amount of time you are going. I have always wanted to stay at the BC and I love the location, so that is my first pick.

Let me share my strategy fiasco...I have been plotting and planning all day how I can convince DH that we should go deluxe next trip...

Poly seemed best for my plan because it is our 10 year anniv. this year and we promised each other we would go to Hawaii then for a 2nd honeymoon...However, the pocket book is not cooperating...but I think the Poly is possible

So I am talking on the phone today to him and buttering him up and I start to tell him what I am thinking....I start with "honey, since it our 10 year anniv. this year"... he interrupts me an says loaded with sarcasm " ah dear that was last year"

:eek::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

oh well he did not marry me for my memory :rolleyes1

Alot of people are really rooting for BC and I have to say I am starting to strongly lean there, if I did not have to spend that extra money for tix I would do the split stay. I plan on going during free dining and since the Anniversary angle really won't play ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter