poll - your pet faves

rubberbootbunny

Mouseketeer
Having read and even posted in another similarly named thread (without possibly so cheerful an attitude). I recently read a post from Bear3412. It was great. Thoughtful balanced and brought with it a new way of looking at a thread that I had taken as a lark.
In the spirit of looking things differently. I give us this thread. Please take a minute to share one or two of your favorite DCL moments.
Here I'll start.
My most favorite moment of any cruise is the moment I see my balance at zero.
But seriously, I love when the horn sounds at cast off. I just stood there and balled like a baby the first time I heard that. My other was on my first cruise my daughter and I came across Belle by herself. (In the blue dress which is my daughter's favorite) and my daughter got that magic moment of walking along hand in hand with Belle. All by their selves. Perfect.
So what are your favorite moments?

In January I watched my DS11 do the entire Muppet Detective Mystery Game on the Fantasy with Peter Pan! It was so magical to watch my "to old for character" son enjoy every minute of his adventure.

Last summer my DD-6 ran into Peter Pan who was clearly trying to get somewhere. He told her Tinkerbell had wandered off and he needed to go find her. My DD worried all day that he never found her. She asked a cast member at Shutters that night if they could find out for her if he ever found her? The next day we got a letter from Tink herself on our FE and it was filed with pixie dust. She will NEVER forget that! pixiedust:

Listening to The Dreamers sing in the atrium before dinner. What an elegant setting, the evening is just getting started, kids playing, adults everywhere seeming to enjoy life, anticipating a dinner in a classy restaurant, and listening to a world class singing duo. Life doesn't get much better.

I had waited to hear the horn for soooo long and it gave me shivers to hear it at sailaway...

I LOVED that my DGD did not want to leave the ship after having spent a week with only her Grammy & Poppy....special on many levels

BUT

I hope I never lose my sense of wonder and amazement that you can creat a floating city, create power, meals, sanitary procedures, shows, etc etc in the middle of the water....It is hard enough to do on land (believe me) and (while I understand how they manage to do all this) I am still AMAZED by the ability to pull it off while sailing.....

anyhow, that's just a few of my faves

our last cruise DS4 at the time was totally in love:love:with the princesses. One night at dinner he had to go out for a restroom break and ran into Cinderella!!! He had that special private moment with her, and she commented how nice he looked and thought he was Prince Charming. I didn't think I would ever get him out of the suit and tie!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted these items before on previous threads:
These are my three most memorable moments:

Went on the Magic the very first year of service back in '98. Everyone was checking in but no one was getting in-line, this was back before the boarding numbers. I told DW that at a certain time if no one was going to start the line I would. At that time I went to the head of the line, DW had the video running, and you should see the line form, people running from all over the terminal to get in-line. DW and I were the first people introed on that cruise.
Anytime we want a good laugh, we bring up that video.

At CC-SB, DW is on a raft about 20 yards out, I take the camera and start walking out to take her picture. I see all the little fishes scatter, look around and see a 2-3 foot Black Tip Shark swimming around. DW is using her hands to move the raft creating small splashes. The shark turns toward her, I tell DW to stop cause I see a shark. What does DW do? She jumps off the raft causing a bigger splash! I have to run to get between her and the shark.

For our 25th anniversary someone put up decorations on our door announcing our celebration to everyone else onboard. We do not have any idea who did this. We came back from breakfast the second day of a seven day cruise and there they were. What a surprise and a welcome pixiedust: moment.

Good call on starting this thread! :thumbsup2

This is going to sound kind of weird but my favorite moment is being in the atrium after the first dinner seating on the last night of the cruise. Everyone has a sense of peace and joy as they know they were able to enjoy their time on the cruise and the CM's seem to be super relaxed too. That's the time we take pics with the serving staff, CD, room attendant, etc. It's just a magical time for me for some reason, (but it also helps knowing we already booked our next cruise while on board).

One of my favorite times of every cruise is getting up early in the morning (I'm normally an early riser) with my son and exploring the ship. It is so nice to have the feeling that you have the ship to yourself. I even like to sit back and watch the maintenance crew setup, paint, and get the ship ready for the day. Great father / son bonding time.

One of my favorite times of every cruise is getting up early in the morning (I'm normally an early riser) with my son and exploring the ship. It is so nice to have the feeling that you have the ship to yourself. I even like to sit back and watch the maintenance crew setup, paint, and get the ship ready for the day. Great father / son bonding time.

I LOVE to watch them make the ship ready for, what we used to call, a "grand opening" every day!

It's hard to only stare two special moments because there are a lot of favorite ones! :)
1) boarding the ship & hearing the family name called & clapping of CM's. Tear up moment!!!
2) hearing the horns playing from the sail away to later in the cruise!
(I'm going to add a third!)
3) booking the next cruise while on board, knowing another fantastic cruise is yet to come!

My favourite time is early morning also. I really enjoy my first coffee run when I'm one of the few people on the upper deck. It's so quiet up there

We were up on deck 10 on our first cruise and didn't know about the horn. We had quite the introduction to it. What a thrill.

We were also excited the hear the horn as we passed under the Golden Gate Bridge last year and the semi-trailers blowing their horn in response.

Brenda
from MB

*Sitting on the veranda and watching the waves go by.

*On the Fantasy last cruise, our CD, Calvin told everyone to do the "Vacation Dance" (looks a whole lot like the "Carlton") when we saw him. DH actually did this (DH doesn't dance) :rotfl2::lmao:

*DS15 loves the Aquaduck

Hearing my name announced as we board

Rewarding the crew with a gift and a nice tip at the end of the week

Still feeling the boat moving two days after getting off

When driving to the port, catching that first glimpse of the ship come into view

Hearing the horn. Seriously, they could blast it every five minutes and I would be VERY happy. I love the horn....

Each cruise it makes me a while, maybe a few hours, to really relax. But when that moment comes, when I realize that I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT, it my favorite moment.

My other favorite moment is more a combination of moments. When DH I were dating I told him I hoped to one day go on a Disney cruise. He'd already been on 2 before we met, but I always thought it was something we'd never really be able to do. I think it was a week or so later, DH said lets do it, and we booked our first dcl together! It was a dream come true! And then, when we first boarded and DH told the cm to use my maiden name as our family name when announced....I nearly cried! It was truly a magical dream come true!

As a side note, this is why I love my DH. Since we've been together he has repeated shown me that my dreams, whatever they are, are achievable and he loves to help me reach them.

Seeing the ship as we drive to port is probably the most memorable moment. Realizing how blessed we are to have the opportunity to cruise. Tears every time.

I love seeing the ship as we drive in, I love the second before we walk on ( so exciting!), love the announcement, for some reason I get so excited walking down the hall to eat our first meal onboard ( guess it feels real then), etc!

This post, more than any other, is making me excited to take our first cruise. I'm a cryer so I know I'm going to need waterproof mascara for the sail away!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter