• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll: Your experience trying to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group

What was your experience?

• I was successful in securing a boarding group at 7am. Yay!

Votes: 88 78.6%
  • I tried at 7am and was unsuccessful, but I did secure a boarding group at 1 or 2pm in the park. Whew

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • I tried and was unsuccessful at 7am and decided NOT to try again later. Meh.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I was unsuccessful at securing a boarding group at both 7am and 1 or 2pm. Boo!

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I did not try at 7am, but I did try for a group in the afternoon and I was successful. Woot!

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
I have been "practicing" at home logging in at 7 am. I get to select my group within two seconds....the default message then says the group is full. I expected a message another message like "you can't join because you don't have a park ticket" - or something like that. I know the queue fills in less than 10 seconds but not three seconds. Any practice experience from anyone?
LOTS of practice experience here - just read the last two or three pages (after you read post 1 and 2)! - https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/

Tried today for right at 7am, no dice, crazy to me, hit join as soon as hit 7am and got message saying bookings were full.

VERY IMPORTANT: when you are refreshing the page on MDE, just pull down, DO NOT exit the page or swipe out of the app.
Thats what caused us to miss the 7am group. We got on the 1pm and two ppl were on the app, so I am not sure wether one or two people is best, however one person was at ABC and I was at Rizzo, so maybe distance helped? Not sure but that was our experience.

So we've gone to HS three times since October. The first time we were able to get a boarding group no problem (this was when you had to wait for park opening and be inside to grab the boarding group. The second time we went was in December, we had two people going for it and we were logged on and clicked right at 7 and missed both the 7 and 2 release. We went again yesterday, I was able to secure boarding group 83 right at 7 am. I was home on our wifi and was looking at the world clock and hit "join" as soon as the world clock switched to 7 a.m. My SIL was doing the same thing and clicked right when I did and missed out, so I think its definitely just luck.

VERY IMPORTANT: when you are refreshing the page on MDE, just pull down, DO NOT exit the page or swipe out of the app.
Thats what caused us to miss the 7am group. We got on the 1pm and two ppl were on the app, so I am not sure wether one or two people is best, however one person was at ABC and I was at Rizzo, so maybe distance helped? Not sure but that was our experience.
Also, I'd recommend disconnecting from your hotel's wifi and stick with your cell data!! This helps tremendously!!

We've ridden about 15 times I think, and the only times we weren't able to get a BG in the morning were when we didn't have a strong enough phone signal where we were. Those times we tried and were successful at 1:00 in the park.

We have not been successful for the three attempts we made this week. My husband is frustrated as this is the only reason we even booked HS.

We are fortunate to have ridden the ride a year+ ago when we had to be in the park at 6am to reserve. But this reservation system sucks!

We have not been successful for the three attempts we made this week. My husband is frustrated as this is the only reason we even booked HS.

We are fortunate to have ridden the ride a year+ ago when we had to be in the park at 6am to reserve. But this reservation system sucks!
Are you following the tips from the first post in the thread? Click join join join without stopping the second that the clock turns to 7or 1? Not stopping to pick party members, not stopping to read anything at all on the page except to mash the join button as fast as possible?
Sorry this is happening to you 😕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter