• Hollywood & Vine

• Crystal Palace

• Chef Mickey's

• Boma

• Cape May Cafe

• Biergarten

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hollywood & Vine was terrible. Now, this was back in 2005 so maybe it has gotten better.

IMO... Donald's Breakfastosaurus. The cold buffet was fine, but the hot stuff was yucky!!! The only other buffet I've been to was CP for dinner, and it was ok. Enough for just a one time thing, no more for us. We're trying it for breakfast though this December.

:scared1: :confused: :confused3 wow we think Donald's is the BEST!!!

My vote was for Chef Mickey's for dinner. This was the worst meal I have ever had at WDW!! Food was nasty and the server was awful. Won't go back for dinner again. Breakfast maybe, but not dinner.

I think the food is really bad at Chef Mickey's. Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever change because it always draws a crowd. Maybe if bookings started declining they'd rework the menu.

1900 Park Faire for breakfast was poor - enjoyed all our other buffets though - especially Boma.

I haven't been to many buffet meals at Disney recently, but a few years back we had quite a few. The only one I really, really was dissappointed with was Hollywood & Vine. I was debating on going back to Chef Mickey's next year, but maybe I will reconsider that now. I do like Crystal Palace for breakfast but not dinner. Also, we ate at Donald's in AK this past May and I thought it was great. We also had one of the first reservations of the day so maybe the food was better because it was freshly made.

Donald's Breakfast thing. Tried it three rimes--first was good, second was so-so and third was not very good at all. In addition the traffic flow (or lackthereof) of the hot serving line is absurd. It took us over 20 minutes just to get our food.

The last time we went to Hollywood and Vine, I liked the food, but the second time it was downright nasty. The food was dried out and not hot enough. WAY too expensive. Plus, those metal chairs are downright cold in February.

I voted for H & V. It is the only restaurant at WDW that I absolutely will not return to. The food was inedible and cold, the buffet was poorly stocked, the tables surrounding us were covered with dirty dishes, the Ladies Room was FILTHY and the waitress was rude.
It was an awful night!

Cape May for dinner. very mediocre seafood and place is loud. Ironically it is the buffet I have gone to the most. I always give a restaurant 2 or 3 times, if my initial meal is not that good, and the first 2 or 3 times were not very good. The last couple of times was because we were with in-laws, whose restaurant priorities are buffets for quantity of food and then seafood.

it seems like alot of u have voted for cm ,but most of u dont point out if this is for breakfast, lunch or dinner . I have res for cm for breakfast in about 2 weeks and Iam wondering if I should cancel?

I am sad to say my most recent unsatisfactory meal came from Biergarten. I come from a German family so I know what good German food tastes like, but I actually got a stomach ache from the food at Biergarten... :(

As I checked off Chef Mickeys, I had to think that I couldn't believe I was doing that. I never, in my wildest imagination, would have thought that would be one of my choices!!! But, after our last dinner there, mid-August, I have to say it was one of our worst buffet experiences that trip. And we've eaten there every single time we have gone to WDW...it has been our tradition, in over 10 trips as a family!! The food choices were limited, the food itself was mediocre at best. And the character interaction was rushed...that was a first.
Cape May dinner was not good. My dh loves seafood, as does my dad, so it was our choice for a nice meal when my dad visited us at WDW a few years ago. No one was happy with the food offerings. Not one person in the group had anything really good to say about the meal.
?????????????:eek: ?????????? What???? it's always been tradition for us! Has it changed since last January? do they still have the prime rib and awesome potatos?????

We thought Cape May was awful which was too bad because I really wanted it to be good. I too also should have voted for other as I also forgot about Donalds Breakfastasaurus. It was a meal that I really want to forget.

I have never had a bad buffet at WDW. Granted they are usually breakfast..how do you screw up breakfast? I have only been to one place for a dinner buffet.

-We have ALWAYS had a wonderful meal at CM for dinner.

-CP was ok. The food was good but the service lacked...both times

-Have only been to Cape May for breakfast...AWESOME!!!!

-Never been to Biergarten

-H&V-went last December for breakfast and like it. The food was fresh, hot and yummy.

-Boma....YUMMMMM. Have only been for breakfast. We have been several times and will keep going back.

The only buffet we won't return anytime soon is CP.

I love hearing all of the different experiences everyone has had.

do they still have the prime rib and awesome potatos?????

I also picked Chef Mickeys as it was just plain not as clean as it should be (especially eating at 5 pm). They did still have prime rib and potatoes and mickey ravioli. The seemed to have about half as many dishes as years past. Only 2 carved meats instead of 3. 1 chicken and 1 seafood dish. It seems like 3 hot veggies plus mashed potatoes. For us it was very limited especially if you don't like sauces on your meat and veggies. I have allergies so I often can't have sauces but I ended up with half of what I normally can have at Chef Mickey's in the past. Mostly prime rib, potatoes, salad, steamed shrimp, and the kids mac and cheese. The chef wouldn't do anything for me for dessert either even though there were some things that were safe for me he wouldn't give me a clean piece from the back because he wasn't comfortable (my nut allergy is very mild) and didn't have time to make anything.

Yvonne

Wow, interesting comments. One can only hope that somebody from Disney reads these boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter