Poll: Which would you do?

Which would you choose?

• 12 nights at POR MYW Dining with 10 day ph

• 9 nights POR MYW Dining 10 day ph, 3 nights Poly

• 9 nights POR MYW Dining 10 day ph, 3 nights YC

Results are only viewable after voting.

klj27

DIS Veteran
I have been playing around with rates and can book these three different options within about a $100 of each other. Which would you choose?

I guess I should add that we are a family of five and like to spend time at the resorts every afternoon. This summer we did 12 nights at POR. It is one of our favorite resorts, but we love trying new resorts too!

If we do the split stay the last three nights would not include dining.

Sleep in your room.
Play in the pool.
Spend your day and/or night at the Parks :goodvibes

As long as your room is comfortable for you and your family to sleep and shower in - use it and then go out and play. POR will be great. Ask for a Mansion building to have the ambience of a Deluxe resort.

Poly and Y/BC are wonderful if you want to spend time at the resort sipping a drink, sleeping on a beach, reading a newspaper, or if you are over 70 years old (no offense to those young 70 & 80 year olds who visit WDW and can out run me)

I love the poly. The atmousphere and theming is great!

That is the one my husband is leaning towards. We wouldn't have the dining plan for those three nights but that doesn't bother us too much. We would still have dining for our first day at Poly. I thought it might be nice to eat a late breakfast or early lunch at Kona on check in day.

I voted Poly But now that I think about it 3 days at SAB would be great as well. You have the Boardwalk.

I would do YC for the last 3 days.

I say try the epcot resort area. the yc is my favorite, the pool is nice, I've never seen the quiet pool crowded., you can sit at the beach, take a walk around the boardwalk at night. I say split your stay, to either the yc or the poly, and just enjoy the resort.

I agree that you should split your stay. Love both the Poly and YC so it would depend on your personal taste. I like the Poly for the location and easy transportation for MK and Epcot and like YC for dinning options and SAB.

I voted for split stay at Poly.

don't forget to budget in the cost of food for the last 2-3 days. That can add up with 5 people.

For that reason, I voted for 12 nights at POR.

I voted split stay at the Poly....to be able to stroll along the tiki torch lighted walkways....to sit on the beach...look at the castle...monorail.....
WHile I am looking forward to a YC stay...I may change my vote!!

I voted for YC--I think Storm Along Bay looks awesome, and I would LOVE to be able to swim there. Also, with a stay that long I would drop the hoppers and get the water parks and more option instead (unless you're going during a peak time when hopping might rescue you from a planning mistake).

I agree that you should split your stay. Love both the Poly and YC so it would depend on your personal taste. I like the Poly for the location and easy transportation for MK and Epcot and like YC for dinning options and SAB.

I voted for split stay at Poly.

Perfectly said - I ditto this, and the vote!

(Although admittedly, I haven't stayed at the YC yet, but will try it out for myself next month. :goodvibes )

don't forget to budget in the cost of food for the last 2-3 days. That can add up with 5 people.

I figure we will be so full from the dining plan and won't mind eating light the last three days. I have figured sixty dollars a day for those days. (2 counter service meals per day.)

I agree. We too are a family of 5 and feeding everyone, even light, would definately add up. It would be nice not to have to worry about additional food expenses at the end of the vacation.

That having been said, if you are set on splitting time between 2 hotels, my choice would definately be YC. We have previously stayed at POR. This year we did BC - SAB is absolutely wonderful.

This is totally me....I hate packing and unpacking....that's why I chose all 12 nights at POR.

I figure we will be so full from the dining plan and won't mind eating light the last three days. I have figured sixty dollars a day for those days. (2 counter service meals per day.)

$60 a day for all five of you....Let me know how you do that for two counter service meals....

$60 a day for all five of you....Let me know how you do that for two counter service meals....

My husband gets his own meal. (About $8) My oldest daughter and I share. ($8) and my two sons get kids meals ($10). We do breakfast in our room. (Poptarts etc.)

I just don't understand everyone doing the split-stays; but everyone has different tastes.

If I were staying for TWELVE days [wow that's a LONG time. Lucky you!!]. I would like to have more space though....

So I would consider 2 connecting rooms @ POP [we LOVED that resort]. It would be nice to have TWO bathrooms and SPACE. And have some ADULT time away from the kids. Or even if someone wants to nap; everyone else can hang out in other room, etc.

Trish

I just don't understand everyone doing the split-stays; but everyone has different tastes.

If I were staying for TWELVE days [wow that's a LONG time. Lucky you!!]. I would like to have more space though....

So I would consider 2 connecting rooms @ POP [we LOVED that resort]. It would be nice to have TWO bathrooms and SPACE. And have some ADULT time away from the kids. Or even if someone wants to nap; everyone else can hang out in other room, etc.

Trish

I am an expert packer/unpacker and it doesn't take me long at all.

We have only stayed at a value once and we couldn't stand it. I think I will be staying off property before I go back there again. I am glad Disney offers them, because I don't think we are the norm. It seems that a lot of people really enjoy them.

My husband gets his own meal. (About $8) My oldest daughter and I share. ($8) and my two sons get kids meals ($10). We do breakfast in our room. (Poptarts etc.)

I wish I could get my family to deal with that....between the snacks, water, and everything else....I spend way more then that every day.

I am an expert packer/unpacker and it doesn't take me long at all.

We have only stayed at a value once and we couldn't stand it. I think I will be staying off property before I go back there again. I am glad Disney offers them, because I don't think we are the norm. It seems that a lot of people really enjoy them.

It sounds to me like you are sure you want to do a split stay
Now you need to decide where.

As much as I love the Poly, i would probably choose the YC, especially with the kids. Stormalong bay. The boardwalk at night. And then all those counter sevice meals could be in the World Showcase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter